ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Multi-function steering wheel

I was comapring the long-term Mini Cooper S Works in this weeks Autocar with the 182 and after pointing out that it is slower and much more expensive and has no equipment etc to my wife (basically how clever am I for buying a 182 and not spending 21k on a Mini). Anyway she argued that the Clio steering wheel is not multi-function as the stereo controls are on a pod and not on the wheel and so the £135 extra that BMW charge for it on the Mini doesnt count. I pointed out that the cruise controls are on the wheel and hence it has multiple functions but she was having none of it.

Opinion anyone?

VaVa

Minis are gay. You made the right choice. And if one Mini owner comes on here and starts bleating about f**king residuals.....

Anyway, of course its multi function. It has a horn. And buttons for cruise control. And it steers the car. Thus can correctly be described as being multi-function.

As a side note, what do you think of the Minis interiors? most people I meet think they are cool but I have to say that my girlfriends mums Mini Cooper looks and feels sooo tacky inside. All cheap feeling shiny plastic on the dash and doors. Bit like a Fisher Price Toy. Little rocker switches are cool though... Standard stereo is rubbish and is drowned out by the power steering pump..

[Edited by lagerlout1 on 30 July 2004 at 12:01pm]

Quote: Originally posted by Yugguy on 30 July 2004
Shes a woman and therefore genetically knows nothing about cars?

Correctamondo!!

Yaris Hybrid

Stereo controls on the wheel are sh1te. I got well annoyed with them on the Vectra cos when you go round a bend and turn the wheel they are all upside down and back to front. This is a pain if like me you are flicking through radio stations every 5 seconds.

The Renault stalk is the superior solution believe me although I preferred the stalk on the pre face lift model as you changed stations with a wheel on the end as opposed to that roller thing on the back.

Mini interior looks nice as it is completely different to most other cars. I would expect it to look good for that money though and apart from the crappy standard seats, pedals and steering wheel just about everything else inside the car is an optional extra!

Oh no Yuggay, be prepared for a flaming from the female CS members, LOL! ;)

Yes, the Clio one does more than one thing so it is a multi-function wheel. But you know you wont win an arguement with a female - theyre ALWAYS right.

And £135 for a multi-function wheel on the Mini (or should that be MINI, you know how pedantic they can be) - what the hell does this wheel do for £135? Special button to engage "cruise and pose" mode?