ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MX5 Number 2.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Pics:

?layer=0&size=298,298&layer=1&src=1674638&size=298,298&resMode=sharp&op_usm=1.1,0.jpg

You were FUNNY leaving Ed's the other night. I bet his neighbours loved your antics at circa midnight.

good god.

rear-rake stance you say?

Not really. It's not that far from standard at the moment - waiting until I get the fronts on until it goes a bit lower, but tbh I've seen the light a little. It just handles so well at a reasonable ride height - it's actually mental!

Pics:

?layer=0&size=298,298&layer=1&src=1674638&size=298,298&resMode=sharp&op_usm=1.1,0.jpg

You were FUNNY leaving Ed's the other night. I bet his neighbours loved your antics at circa midnight.

4k launch FTW?
In fairness, Ed told me to. ;)

Not really. It's not that far from standard at the moment - waiting until I get the fronts on until it goes a bit lower, but tbh I've seen the light a little. It just handles so well at a reasonable ride height - it's actually mental!

You mean not having a low car means it actually handles well? We'll I never would of thought that ;)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
PMSL. To be fair, it was brilliant. :eek:

Oh, and here's Seb cutting into the wishbone to fit said coilovers:

0c2c328b.jpg

Captive nuts on twenty year-old cars suck.

Seb's Mum catered for us all day though. Lol. Every cloud.

LOL
Got the rear arb disconnected atm (meant to give more grip with an open diff for obvious reasons) rear coilovers are a bit lower than the front, but theyre quite a lot stiffer so it turns in nice and quickly, if a bit wobbly up front...

Listerine & Poledo
Joey.... that's no lower.

Even my (stock) Bilsteins are lower than that.

But I agree, Front drive homos can GTFO. limited-slip rear-drive FTW.

I'm just going to leave this here.

:)

Believe me, I've done SO many of those.
Latest one:
7881039626_5c9c835bca.jpg

BRC by j0eyD, on Flickr

Fml.

It is lower than it was and there is still quite a bit of room to go lower. But currently the fronts aren't on, and I've not got access to the right sized C spanner. So it'll be staying like this for a few more days...

Last edited:

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Roffle. I don't mind if you don't like my car, its okay.

Its not just your car fella (although the rust and stuff makes it look more broken, lol), its the whole "slammed scene". It doesnt aid performance in the real world, its a pig to drive (speed humps and such), slows down folk behind you, and is a basic attention seek.

if thats your bag, fair enough, but I just cant understand it at all.

A mate of mine once posted something on Facebook, explaining stance, and why it has the following it does;

A woman, strictly speaking, is designed to be able to move over ground at a reasonable rate. She can do this quickly in a pair of top spec running shoes, they won't look good, but they will be effective. A car is very much the same, with the correct height and other things, it will handle very well and move across ground quickly, but as with the woman, it won't look as good.

Now put the same woman in a pair of high heels, she can't move particularly quickly, but she looks sexy as hell. This is what a stance car is about. Looking sexy as hell, irrespective of how quickly it moves.

Its not just your car fella (although the rust and stuff makes it look more broken, lol), its the whole "slammed scene". It doesnt aid performance in the real world, its a pig to drive (speed humps and such), slows down folk behind you, and is a basic attention seek.

if thats your bag, fair enough, but I just cant understand it at all.

The rust is all being sorted soon enough, just need to find some time off work.
I think the whole scene is brilliant personally, but I'm not so sure about venturing down that route now. There's just so much potential for an MX5 to be an amazing drivers car and now I've got this amazing set of very expensive coilovers it'd be a bit silly to waste them driving around on the lookout for potholes etc. I don't know...

A mate of mine once posted something on Facebook, explaining stance, and why it has the following it does;

A woman, strictly speaking, is designed to be able to move over ground at a reasonable rate. She can do this quickly in a pair of top spec running shoes, they won't look good, but they will be effective. A car is very much the same, with the correct height and other things, it will handle very well and move across ground quickly, but as with the woman, it won't look as good.

Now put the same woman in a pair of high heels, she can't move particularly quickly, but she looks sexy as hell. This is what a stance car is about. Looking sexy as hell, irrespective of how quickly it moves.

Summed up perfectly!

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin

flol! A*

joey, if you made that shop a reality it'd be hilarious; god forbid there's a pebble in your path :p

Listerine & Poledo
And I thought cars were supposed to be a mode of transport.

Sorry, I just can't agree with sik stanz, it just makes cars look actually broken, to me anyway.

Mind, I prefer lap times to drift angles too, maybe I'm just too old

I've been watching Spec-Miata races all day, those guys are f**king heroes!
I want to make it clear that this is not going to be ridiculously low/undriveable. It's going to be low to an extent, for sure, but I want to be able to drive the thing.
I've seen the light.