ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MX5 Number 2.

They haven't changed since taking them off Sebs car, but there's about 2 or 3 inches left to go down - not enough for stupid low I don't think.
If I fit decently sized tyres and big spacers it will still look cool.

BTW Well done on becoming area rep. At last!

I'll see if I can get some money together, and if we've finished doing the front coilovers... Hopefully though, yeah!

Actually, it'll be too late then for the spring compressors thinking about it :eek:

IMAG0049_zps323cf168.jpg

Probably the wrong way up! Lol.
So the loose one is on the bottom and you tighten it from the bottom... Yeah probably upside down!
They're on anyway. It's not low, but we haven't adjusted anything yet. The hardest part is out of the way now anyway...

I DON'T UNDERSTAND THIS CAR.

Fitted the front HiperD coilovers the other week, thought I'd give it chance to settle (They're about 15 years old, they aren't settling anymore, who am I kidding?!) a bit on them before admitting that IT WILL NOT GO LOW.

There's about 2 or maybe 3 inches left on the adjusters to go a bit lower, but it's still going to be a f**king 4x4.
I tried on a 15" TSW to see if it was the small wheels making it look a bit higher, but Jesus Christ it looks even higher with bigger wheels!

Little comparison.
Before:

7753934442_d896c94768_c.jpg

MX5 by j0eyD, on Flickr

After:

8033718457_182d61fe7e_c.jpg

Dafuq by j0eyD, on Flickr

Before:

7552215530_a49b1756a2_c.jpg

Buy British Pork by j0eyD, on Flickr

After:

8033717259_8c13131c94_c.jpg

Not low by j0eyD, on Flickr

With a 15" TSW:

8033716511_e96b8f248f_c.jpg

Gimp by j0eyD, on Flickr

I give up. I've tried driving it fast, I've tried not washing it, I've tried drawing penises on it and it STILL won't go low.
I'll try and acquire the correct C-spanners and see if the remaining amount of adjustment makes any difference. It won't. But I'll try.

FML.

I've not got a f**king clue. The heights on the coilovers haven't changed since they were on Sebs white car, and it's a good inch or two higher than his was. Even factoring in smaller wheels etc.
I just don't know. Might be something to do with the wishbones/subframes being set wrong... but I doubt it - there's no way any of that has been changed since it was built! It's just so weird! Tempted to refit the front dampers without any springs in just to prove that it is physically possible for it to go lower than standard tbh.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
My favourite thing about this car is how fucked it looks. I really can't wait for the lows.

If there is 3" left then that is a LOT!

I don't know... I'll be surprised if it moves at all. It's just hovering at constant height. F**king thing.

My favourite thing about this car is how f**ked it looks. I really can't wait for the lows.

<3

You should see the state of the sill after I jacked it up (Which I wouldn't have done, but I couldn't fit the jack under anywhere else and I know what's going to happen to the shell soon enough). It reminded me of damp cardboard or paper mache. There really isn't a sill anymore tbh...

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
LOL at how high it is! Mine's already lower on the front and thats on super wicked sick safe RACELAND coilovers. Hopefully getting my £150 shed on the road within the next week, depending on the MOT.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
I'm going remember. You won't be the most useless there.

It's a good night for me if I don't break something.