ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MX5 Number 2.

Just ordered some JDM plates and a Fabia splitter as a temporary solution until I see how low it goes and then I can decide on whether to go with a G.V lip or a Mazda R lip (massively in favour of the OEM R lip at the moment, but they're just so much money!)

e92 330i
Everytime i see this with updates i hope its low :(.

If your struggling for c spanners, try ebay, you can get a set of 4 different sizes for a tenner. Here item no 290713243112

You're a bit special sometimes Joe.

"It's not low, I don't know why"

"There's still 3 inches left on the coilovers"

WTF man!?

It'll obviously go a bit lower, but I don't think its going to make a massive difference. I'd love to be surprised, but looking at how high it's at now and the amount of adjustment left on the coilovers, its not going to be anything like as low as I want it to be.

Everytime i see this with updates i hope its low :(.

If your struggling for c spanners, try ebay, you can get a set of 4 different sizes for a tenner. Here item no 290713243112

They actually look quite useful! Just wondering how I'm going to put enough force through them to loosen off the adjusters... Lol

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
I used a screwy on my Rokkors once and the ring was fucked. If you do it remember to put a cloth over the top of it.

It's just getting them loose that I'm worried about. But yeah, cheers for the advice!
This is what I'm up against:

7997158611_a371397bb7_c.jpg

HKS HiperD by j0eyD, on Flickr

Not much adjustment left, as you can see. Unless there's a way of taking the lower adjuster ring out and making sure the big one doesn't move?

Do these only adjust by the spring? If so you need both of those loose and wound down.

I know how to adjust them. I'm saying could I take the smaller bottom locking ring off completely and wind the top ring all the way to the bottom of the thread and try to wedge it in? Or perhaps add the smaller ring on top of the large ring to tighten it - the opposite of how it is now.

Would need to see if the spring clears the smaller ring, I guess.

You need to lock it, otherwise there's potential for the lone ring to come loose and wind off the body and then you're in a whole world of s**t. I don't think you'll be able to run the rings the other way as getting at it will be a right c**t with the spring. You could tack weld the one ring at the bottom, and accept the fact you can't raise it again?

Hmmmm, I think I'll see how low it goes with them both in then. Don't want to have to weld anything, I'd be better off buying different coilovers at a later date tbh considering these will still be worth a fair chunk.

Yeah, they're a good 10/15 years old, so an old design. They'll certainly do for now though, and I guess I could look into different springs in the mean time. Only thing is, HKS have long stopped providing any parts (other than the top mounts) and as far as I know don't rebuild them anymore either which is a bit of a pain.

The diameter is easy enough to get a measure of, it's just the rates that are a bit more difficult, but I'd imagine the newer ones will be either the same, or very similar rates.

340lbs front, 280lbs rear is fitted to Hipermax II's, which are just an updated version of mine afaik. Can easily get length/width measurements by taking them off the car I guess!

And yeah, even Sebs white car was miles lower than this thing. That's what I'm so puzzled by!