ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MX5 Number 2.

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
what do you want? Fixed dampers and lowering springs? They only do adjustable dampers that I can find, If you don't want those, I'd recommend some KYB dampers

Listerine & Poledo
Yeah, I'd want a road-spec damper set that can handle a 30/40mm drop on lowered springs.

But if there's not a huge amount in it, it would be silly not to get adjustables

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
It's easy with an open.. but only for about 10metres and then you spin.. I have some nice opposite lock pictures from Llandow with an Open dif (ok it was torrential rain which helps)

I did do quite a good one before that was filmed, the inside wheel just spins up though most of the time so it's a bit pants. LSD before the end of the month anyway. REALLY looking forward to that.

Listerine & Poledo
good god that sounds terrible.

well, until it gets some revs through it anyway, then passable

:)

Philip.

ClioSport Club Member
  VRS 245
LOL, nice tone!
Might post my drive by vid for my civic now you've posted something like this :eek:

Todays progress was the first day on killing and preventing rust. I've not really kept it a secret as to what my plans are, but I haven't exactly been clear either. So here goes...

I'm sure most of you remember RACK. It was insane:

7537445842_33263dc10e.jpg

Anyway, since that was broken for parts a couple of months ago, Seb has given me the chance to have the remains. Since I wanted to change the shell eventually anyway, I took him up on the offer as it was far too good to turn down. Perfect sills and arches with a lifetime guarantee. What more could you want?!

So today, three cans of Dinitrol arrived. I've read nothing but good things about this stuff, and safe to say it didn't disappoint. It's brilliant! I would spray the exterior in the stuff tbh. Very Very easy to get a good finish. I've done the drivers front arch and the rear panel so far, and all that really needs doing now are the chassis rails and the passenger front arch. The rears are already done!
Here are some photos anyway.

8057241286_9ff973e004.jpg

Dinitrol by j0eyD, on Flickr

8057240397_3cee99cc0e.jpg

Underseal by j0eyD, on Flickr

8057240068_a8e6433eee.jpg

Underseal by j0eyD, on Flickr

8057239063_e701403290.jpg

Dinitrol by j0eyD, on Flickr

8057238790_05c130418d.jpg

Dinitrol finish by j0eyD, on Flickr

8057239722_f82ecae575.jpg

Clean arch by j0eyD, on Flickr

8057239393_e0e0c9173f.jpg

Clean sill by j0eyD, on Flickr

As you can see, it's fairly mint! With the shell, I've purchased a Torsen LSD, Manual steering rack, polybushed front end, racing engine mounts, and all the underbody bracing that comes with a 1.8 shell. I'll be keeping my 1.6 engine, though. Much more characterful IMO. That'll be getting 'bodies next year too, hopefully :)
Aiming to have the engine swapped and back on the road by the end of the month... so we'll see how that goes LOL.

And lastly, a quick snap of Sebs freshly cleaned boosted bus.

8057240857_82e90df5ab.jpg

Boosted bus. by j0eyD, on Flickr

Nice.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Good work mate! I'm planning on undersealing mine soon too, looks, erm, fun...

Red
Just to recap, You're reshelling?

Looks mint, the latest pics anyway. That underseal would be a lovely colour of paint.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
Cheers for the link mate. Is it just a case of prep, clean and apply? Just new to work out how much I'll need.

Jamie86

ClioSport Club Member
  RS175,595,205gti,172
Good stuff!

btw I still want his door bars! Want to get them of him to post them if he's too busy?

f**king LOL.

Tonight was brilliant, Nandos, mates, cars and concreted open space.

Joe, tonight you reached new levels of hero, D1 grade smoke made sure of that!

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
it's wet here tonight. I may have stumbled across the most well known greasiest roundabouts and played with the throttle a little bit. Oh how I've missed you rear wheel drive <3

Imagine the noise with ITB's and that exhaust?!!? I never want to be within a mile of this car again without earplugs at the ready.