ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MX5 Project

VX220
So as some of you may have read im going to pick the 5 up tomorrow. Had the deposit on it for about 6 weeks now.
DSC03794.gif

Arrived back from the states today and been to the bank to get the cash. Got home to a nice big parcel...
bc.jpg

Also paid a deposit on these...
DSC_0654.jpg

After Malice's suggestion i did some searching and really like the style, got them in 15's ET17. Going to pick them up on sunday. Also have brand new tyres on so a bonus. Not sure i'm going to put them on straight away or wait until the snow clears. I think I am going to change all the bolts to anodised, will have a play around one i get hold of them as the wheels have only just been refurbished. (since this picture was taken)

Also have some plans for other bits and pieces including uprating the supercharger pulley's etc to squeeze a bit more out of it.
Ill try and keep this thread going as progress comes.
Chris

VX220
Probably just going to get the arched rolled.

these are the 13's that are for sale mentioned in another thread
56741.jpg

595522.jpg

VX220
Obviously marminte wheels but wanted something that was different with a dish. Think they should look better against the black car.

Clio 172 PH1, Mini
Just thought I wouldn't mind one of these today after seeing wheeler dealers episode on a mx 5. :approve:

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Why are so many people buying these old sheds!!! And WTF are the wheels about?!

They are great to drive, and for those that don't care too much about what other people think, awesome.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
They are great to drive, and for those that don't care too much about what other people think, awesome.

Look rubbish, VVVV Gay, so dated, slow, will inevitably need work to make it handle...How can they possibly be that good to drive to warrant buying one??? Especially with bin lids for wheels...

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Look rubbish, VVVV Gay, so dated, slow, will inevitably need work to make it handle...How can they possibly be that good to drive to warrant buying one??? Especially with bin lids for wheels...

Need to work to make them handle? Sometimes I think you don't even like cars. At all.

Image? Shut it hairdresser;).

VX220
no i sold the tamora before i went to the states. Didnt really have any where to store the Tamora or anyone to drive it while i was away.
Other money is going towards a new bike in the new year when i sell the buell.

Listerine & Poledo

*Facepalm*

One of the few cars internationally recognised as being a great steer, but that's just not good enough eh :)

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M

I thought you liked cars.

PMSL @ 'need work to make them handle' LMFAO

Listerine & Poledo
I reckon the wheels could look quite good, 5's go well with quite a lot of designs.

Of course, in CS terms, it's either Turini's or GTFO :)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I thought you liked cars.

PMSL @ 'need work to make them handle' LMFAO

Aye, dampers, springs, bushes, ARB's will be tired, patchwork for the rust, pest control to rid it of spiders, you get the picture. I wasn't talking about uprating components.

I do hate cars, infact i really wish i hated cars, would save me alot of cash monies!

That car could handle like a Kart and i still wouldn't ever buy one!

VX220
Well its on my drive. It doesnt leak, it does pull extremely well and it does look like the last owner used a scourer to clean it with. Hopefully once the weather drys up I can really drive it and get the rotary out on it!
Interior looks smart, leather is in great condition and the only thing to come out is the walnut centre dash strip. Being the 'classic' it also had a chrome rear strut behind the seats which finishes it off nicely. Also has the glass rear screen I would take some pictures but its dark out and chucking it down with rain.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
did i read right that its supercharged??

as for the wheels, you are a f**king hero! dont listen to ali, he knows f**k all, likes to think he does but doesnt lol.

drop it low, bang the wheels on with camber and change the bolts for gold plated ones for extra hero status!

n1093530151_30102364_4580.jpg

pic of my mates ae86 before it was stolen with the same rims on it :) you wont ever lose money on them either! get a garage vary lip and see how far the rims stick out... then space them so they need overfenders :D satin black the over fenders to look hardcore lol!

Will be watching this closely :)

So tempted by those SSRs but I don't think there's a chance in hell of a mk2 pulling them off.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
I bet the brake cooling is simply horrific with those slabs of iron stuck on the hubs as well!!

they are billet alloy not iron... also the mx5 has brake ducting built in to the engine tray and bumper so it will still prob cool better than a clio :p

gotta love this place, if people dont like something you have to find the most retarded reasons to dislike it lol.