ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MY 172 ALARM UPDATE OUCH

clio 172 exclusive n
right got a172 exclusive went to get in it the other day

key fob didnt wrk (alarm button) so got a new battery in morning

still didnt wrk

rung renault they said i was looking at 120 for fob/key + programming charge + labour to look at key i was shocked they couldnt even look at the key for 1 week lol that sucks

rung a car electrician ,he said he can get the keys for 80 pounds from renault ,but my key has to be ordered from main factory in france which will take approx 5 days , he charges 45 for programming , if i want a second key he will program that one for free , so thats 80 pounds + 45 vs renaults 120+there prgramming charge ,renault also wanted 50 pounds and vat for labour to look at it as well (an hour to identify the problem)

the nice electrician spent half hour looking at key for free lol :) top bloke

whatever way its gonna be exspensive job so bottom line is look after your renault car keys they cost a small fortune to get done iam gutted

think it got wet while i wash jet washing my car arrgghhh

electrician said that the button was wrking on the circuirt board but led wasnt coming on so the prob was later on in the circuirt board then the button part, he was very good and showed me what he meant on his circuirt board tetser :) stopped what he was doing and came and looked for half hour , he even rung renault for me to find out about the prices there and then, he was much more helpfull then renault in cressing braintree lol

i love good customer services

anyone else had to cough up for a new key/fob i feel like iam getting robbed lol

Last edited:

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
I need another key, that electrician sounds like a plan :) Where is he based?

Im sure when I rung Renault a while go they quoted me £130 all in for another key, might well of been before vat though!

clio 172 exclusive n
I need another key, that electrician sounds like a plan :) Where is he based?

Im sure when I rung Renault a while go they quoted me £130 all in for another key, might well of been before vat though!

just spoke to renault again different branch, they have said 78 quid + vat for key ---41 pound programming-- and if i buy two keys they will also programme both for the 41 pounds --- so guess cressing branch was trying to get some more money out of me hummmm not happy-- but will take the quotes the chelsmford branch gave me to cressing in person and ask why they wanted a bit more money in their cressing branch seems a bit weird to me iam sure they will just say oh sorry sir we made a mistake lol

gutted i need a new key thats gonna be 125++ just for 1 key lol thats crazy man

the car electrics guy is in witham perry road unit 13 hes in yellow pages mate essex way

RRS, 172, ST3, VTS
yeh ive put my key throw the washing machine aswell. It wouldnt work at the start, wasnt turning the immobiliser off so the car wouldnt start. but i jst sucked the water out (tasted nice :|) and it worked :)