ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 172 cup...love it!

Looks really clean mate

Good idea with the heat shields. Might have to use that

Did you rebuild the callipers with new seals/pistons or just clean and paint?

clio 172 cup
Cheers mate, yeah the heat shield has come up really well with a bit of paint and a clean up, bit of an arse to mask bits up but worth it in the end. The calipers hadn't done much work so I just cleaned them up and had them shotblasted and powdercoated.

I'll more than likely take them off and do it off the car. Gota under seal the whole underside anyway so would be easier

Just noticed the mileage, no wonder you just cleaned them up!

clio 172 cup
That sounds like a plan, I would have done that but luckily the car has been under sealed before I took ownership so I just did a lot of masking and got spraying...it didnt take much paint to get a good finish.

Hehe it is more of a mantelpiece than a car lol, it's not going to see much use this year as me and the mrs are getting married early next year so are on the save. Its currently a shade off clocking 49k:)

clio 172 cup
Nothing much to really update this thread at the min, done a bit more tidying underneath and freshened up the oe exhaust with a touch of high temp paint to keep it looking factory fresh...one day I will put a stainless system on it. Apart from that nothing much to report. A few snaps I took earlier today...

Bit of a bath after being stuck in the garage collecting dust...

14l4r4n.jpg

eqe82o.jpg

couple of pics of the underneath with mirror,not the best but u get the idea,should definately be show worthy next year...

15d845h.jpg

2uiaxxv.jpg

clio 172 cup
Thanks, I'm trying my hardest with it, been a while since I went into so much detail on a car, last one I did like this was my racing puma. Yeah that's not to far away, I'm sure we will catch a glimpse of each others cars one day ;)
p

clio 172 cup
Im really unsure on whether to keep he new style rs badge or to go back to the standard renault sport and clio badges on the boot?

clio 172 cup
Finally managed to get my induction kit fitted today, really pleased with the end result and the cost overall. The itg maxogen air chamber and filter was from a cupra r that I got cheap and re powedercoated and the silicone intake and breather pipe from a local hose company. Overall cost was £80 ;)

Haven't had it up the road yet as the car is currently sorn but I'm sure it sounds a bit better, certainly looks the part if nothing else haha.

j7s30i.jpg

1zevam1.jpg
23hu5n7.jpg

v2wf8p.jpg

clio 172 cup
Been a long time since I updated this. So much has changed in that time, I still have the car and no intentions on selling it just yet.

It has become a car that me and my other half appreciate owning and driving as and when we fancy it. Apart from that it is very pampered and I enjoy improving things on it ie powdercoated parts here and there, uprated bushes etc and just keeping it near enough standard as it's such a great car as it is and to me worth more in standard form.

The car has come along way since I bought it 5 years ago, I'm really pleased with how it is now and it's nigh on how i invisaged it .

I entered waxstock with it last year and was very pleased to come away with runner up in the arrive and shine Classic class.

This year I am going to have another go but I've entered into the top 16 which is something I've always wanted to do and hopefully I will get the chance as it has to be chosen out of 30 entrants first.

Last year

clio 172 cup
Been a long time since I updated this. So much has changed in that time, I still have the car and no intentions on selling it just yet.

It has become a car that me and my other half appreciate owning and driving as and when we fancy it. Apart from that it is very pampered and I enjoy improving things on it ie powdercoated parts here and there, uprated bushes etc and just keeping it near enough standard as it's such a great car as it is and to me worth more in standard form.

The car has come along way since I bought it 5 years ago, I'm really pleased with how it is now and it's nigh on how i invisaged it .

I entered waxstock with it last year and was very pleased to come away with runner up in the arrive and shine Classic class.

This year I am going to have another go but I've entered into the top 16 which is something I've always wanted to do and hopefully I will get the chance as it has to be chosen out of 30 entrants first.

Last year

sc6zd3.jpg

clio 172 cup
It's come a long way since I first bought it. My original plans were to change the seats and half cage it etc and go along the same lines of a Meg r26r, but it's just such a good example of a standard cup it would be a shame to change anything on it, and I think in the long run will be worth more as there many standard cups out there nowadays.

I'm thinking I might try and get the car to the cliosport event at Blyton in early July, would be nice to show it.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
I really do think I'll end up with a cup one day - I wanted one after seeing one about 2 months after they were released - they are by far the best looking 1*2 in standard spec.