ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 172 Cup (T5MY G) & 172 Stealth (T5M YO)

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti
Re: My 172 Cup (T5MY G) Gaz Coilovers/Ktec mounts & decat! Back in a clio :)

how much did you lowered the front? nice car btw ;)

Cheers Dude! I'm not sure to be honest, we lowered the rear on the lowest setting and matched it on the front. The front is alittle lower tho to improve turn in.

That vid sounds good mate i have the same exhaust still waiting to decat it tho , isit really loud or isit barable ?

Cheers Dan, I honestly wouldnt decat it. If you do, get the silenced version at least. My system at the mo is easily over 100db's. Very loud.

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

Went round to Tom's earlier to correct our headlights. My o/s only needed doing so i cracked on.

This is what it looked like before when i got the car...
DSC01789.jpg

This is after my first attempt by hand...
DSC01846.jpg

During...
DSC01847.jpg

And after with a machine polish...
DSC01852.jpg

Looks so much better :)

TTRS & V50

Welcome back, cups looking good.

How come you bought two rear wheel bearings instead of disc with bearings already pressed ?

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

Cheers buddy, the discs had recently been replaced but the guy used the original bearings. The bearings i got at a very good price :)

Audi TT 3.2

wish i had of come round just for the beers man!

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

Lol they were big bottles. You'll have to come round mine on Saturday. I'm going to be removing the renault sport badge and 172 cup rear badge/fitting plates/removing acoustic valve and spraying & fitting fog ducts. Then a proper clean if your up for it?

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

Some lad went into the back of me :(

I was on the way too work this morning and was in a que at the traffic lights. The flow of traffic set off and stopped all of a sudden so i braked with the flow of traffic and came to a stop but the lad behind carried on as he wasnt paying attenion as he was texting and went into the back of me at about 15-20mph. It jolted me forward and threw my neck foward as i didnt see it coming. Hurts like mad :( It's craked the bumper in 2 places and has pushed the bumper out on the o/s and nipper abit of the number plate light.. The boot floor looks ok with no creases luckily but ill get them to inspect behined the bumper.

It's going to clarkes in kibworth to have the repair work done and should hopefully have the car back sometime next week. I'm getting an estimate done tommorow and i think its being booked in to have the work done on tuesday but hopefully i can take the car back for the weekend so i can do a few bits. I'm getting a courtsey car aswell but its a 1.4 corsa :dead: Could of been alot worse but it's not that bad considering. It's just the hassle with the insurance company's. Anyway heres some pics of the damage...
DSC01856.jpg

DSC01858.jpg

DSC01857.jpg

DSC01859.jpg

DSC01860.jpg

DSC01861.jpg

DSC01855.jpg

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

Im fine thanks mate, its just my neck and shoulders that are acheing. I was praying that the boot floor didnt crease as its pretty much a write off when that happens so luckily the bumper did a good enough job of absorbing most of the impact.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member

Sadly your boot floor is creased mate. Look to the left of the picture. They always kink there.

You'll get away with a back panel/bumper. Possibly even back panel repair and obviously and easy boot floor repair.

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

Not good u need to take time off work ?

I carnt have time off. I'm in management and I have a member of staff off at the mo for 2 weeks so if I have time off it only leaves one person in the department which it's virtually impossible to run on your own.

Sadly your boot floor is creased mate. Look to the left of the picture. They always kink there.

You'll get away with a back panel/bumper. Possibly even back panel repair and obviously and easy boot floor repair.

Not idealllllll! I hope they don't write it off. I've not seen behind the rear bumper yet but can imagine it's damaged. Ooo well will have to see what he says tomorrow ;(

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

It's no big deal mate. It's a actually a very very easy fix. It's just how they are constructed tbh. As you know.

ripp

ClioSport Club Member
  182 FFAT

bloody bad luck! I just replaced the front bumper 3 weeks ago and 2 weeks after I find the car scraped on the bumper corner under the headlight all the way to the front left wing! idiots!

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

Got back from clarkes and it's going to cost £1500. It's having a new rear bumper, numberplate light, rear panel and having the boot floor jigged to pull out the 2 creases. Hopefully should have it back for the end of the month.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member

Good news, as soon as I saw the picture you can see the crease in the bottom left. Luckily it's only very slight so as has been said, it will pull out.

For £1500 I'd be making sure they blow the sides of the car in if they are fitting a new / repairing the current bumper as the colour will be slightly off, Gally's opinion is the best bet for that one though.

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

There fitting a new rear bumper. I said about flicking it in and he said the won't authorise it. What I've said is if they get the go ahead to do the work and it's an off colour match I will not accept it. I think what they will do is start the job and say they attempted to colour match it but carnt unless it's blown in. Once the insurance company has authorised the repair, once in they can add stuff. That way the insurance company dosent write the car off from the start. It's the same really with the boot floor, if they jig it and it dosent pull the creases then it will need a boot floor they have already committed to the repair. Hopefully it will get sorted properly.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Lols. He definitely knows what he's talking about mate. Sounds like it's in good hands!

Blowing in 1/4 panel for a rear bumper is like 1 in every 1000 job.

TTRS & V50

For £1500 I'd be making sure they blow the sides of the car in if they are fitting a new / repairing the current bumper as the colour will be slightly off

Blowing in 1/4 panel for a rear bumper is like 1 in every 1000 job.

I LOL'd at Ryhs, sorry.

s**t times bud, should be sorted soon-ish though.

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

UPDATEEEE!!!

Got the car back from Clarkes. They did a very good job and the paint work is too a very high standard.

Heres a few pics (Car wasnt clean at time of photo)...
DSC01864.jpg

DSC01862.jpg

DSC01863.jpg

I got some goodies to cheer me up after the crash :)

A pair of Corbeau sprints with alloy side mounts and Luke 4 point harnesses...
DSC01877.jpg

DSC01878.jpg

A pair of Omp subframes (Passanger is still on order)...
DSC01868.jpg

A pair of Omp Spreader plates for the eybolts for the inside of the seats...
DSC01867.jpg

Foliatc silver brake calper kit...
DSC01866.jpg

Paints4u mondial blue touch up kit...
DSC01871.jpg

Plasti-kote sray gun...
DSC01870.jpg

Matt black sunstrip...
DSC01869.jpg

AAS custom catback exhaust. I got the exhaut off a mate as i got pulled over by the police as they had received complaints about how loud my exhaust was. So i got issued with a defect notice so had 14 days to get it sorted. My ktec stealth system with the decat is just insanely loud. I've fitted the AAS exhaust and its quietend it down loads...
DSC01873.jpg

DSC01872.jpg

Sounds really nice. Heres a fly by vid...
[video=youtube_share;pDIhYoffQrc]http://youtu.be/pDIhYoffQrc[/video]

I have also stripped the car to shed pointless weight.

Before...
DSC01865.jpg

During...
DSC01880.jpg

After with drivers bucket seat fitted...
DSC01882.jpg

The door cards are staying on until i get some cup racer handle spacers.

Fitted my private plates. Only have a pic of the front 3/4 plate...
DSC01874.jpg

I removed the caf and acoustic valve which has skimmped alittle weight and has gave the standard airbox a really nice grunt. I've removed the rear renault sport badge and rear 172 cup badge which has neatend things up. I wil be getting a 197 renault sport badge later on.

Going to be painting the fog ducts tomorow ready for fitting at the end of the week.

Thats i for now, will update later on in the week.

Clio 182

looks nice! All the right mods too! What are the coilys like compared to the standard height?

ian

Renault Clio 172 Cup

Very nice project here mate, the newer exhaust video is so much better imo then the original raspy one, i dont know how the old system lasted on your car for that long, would of driven me insane. I will be following this thread as i will be going down the same route with my 172 cup in the not to distant future.

Keep up the good work. :)

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

looks nice! All the right mods too! What are the coilys like compared to the standard height?

ian

Cheers Ian, to be fair the cup suspension as standard is really good. The gaz coilovers are good value with the adjustability etc. I'm just having abit of a weird problem with the rear setup. Its clunking all the time even tho the rear springs are properley seated and there's no play in the springs. So I've got too look into that.

Very nice project here mate, the newer exhaust video is so much better imo then the original raspy one, i dont know how the old system lasted on your car for that long, would of driven me insane. I will be following this thread as i will be going down the same route with my 172 cup in the not to distant future.

Keep up the good work. :)

Cheers dude, the ktec stealth with decat was loudd!!!! The copper was sound about it tho and didn't give me a fine :) I've just recieved some heat wrap through which I'm going to use for the tailpipe.

I also did the oil change at 93,731. Nice gulf oil in now to take some abuse :) the car feels rapid now it's stripped with just one seat. The car will be staying like it until the end of the month as the passenger side subframe is on back order.

TTRS & V50

Looks a good job.

Your going to get told off for mounting your harnesses like that BTW.

Edit: The clunking from rear is probably exhaust on rear beam ? Un-tighten clamps, push as high as possible into heat shield and tighten again.

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

Compress my spine etc haha. It's only temp untill I get harness bars welded on the cage.

Its defo not the exhaust. it makes the clunk when stationary. I'm going to remove the rear adjusters as now Ive stripped it, it's raised it alittle. So I'll see if it stops after that if not I'll change the shocks back to standard and if it stops its the shocks.

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

Did a quick video earlier incar showing the acceleration.

Last edited by a moderator:
  182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

Got the DEI heatwrap through with stainless ties for the tailpipe...
DSC01885.jpg

Ordered from JJC race and rally off ebay. Very good service, ordered at 3pm and received by 9.30am the next day. Very good price also :)

Got loads to be getting on with tomorow. Ive booked off tomorow and friday for fcs prep haha. So ill hopefully have an update tomorow.

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

Managed to get a few things done today.

Painted the fog ducts matt black.

Before...
DSC01886.jpg

After...
DSC01896.jpg

Changed the side repeater bulbs to silvervisions.

Before...
DSC01891.jpg

After...
DSC01892.jpg

Removed the headlining, grab handles, sun visors etc (Still have to remove glue)...
DSC01890.jpg

DSC01888.jpg

Removed the Renault alarm stickers from the door windows to de-clutter...
DSC01887.jpg

DSC01889.jpg

I also tidied the interior wiring loom alittle. Tomorow im getting the matt black sunstrip put on, touching up the scratches, fitting the ducts and if the weather holds out painting the brake calipers.

Clio 182

looks good dude! 0-60 looks pretty sharp too!

Where are the fog ducts from? or am i just being a noob? :D

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

Cheers mate.

The fog ducts are custom a lad from here had them fabricated as a one off.

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

1. Because I don't want it to burn the new bumper 2. The tailpipe isn't in the best of nick so it will hide it plus will look alittle motorsporty

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

Just finished fitting the wrap but like an idiot i used to plastic cable ties to support then i fitted the stainless ones right next too them. Problem being is i kind of forgot and took the car for a spirted drive to see if it held the wrap in place and it kind of melted some of the plastic onto the wrap ooooooops. O well still looks good imo...
DSC01898.jpg

I also fitted some thumbgrips as mine were fooked that i was given with the car which i beleive are ktec ones...
DSC01897.jpg

When i went for my fun drive i went onto the oadby bypass and there was a new shape boxster that had spanish plates so pulled byside him and we had alittle play. It was literally neck and neck the whole way down the bypass. On the return jorney there was a honda crx b16. Had a play with that and pulled away from it. So she is quite a quick little car :)

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182

Awesome progress is such a short time! Your old ktec stealth back box must have been f**ked! Mine was never that loud with exactly the same setup:

th_Ktec-Supersports-Stealth.gif

I don't know why my boot is open btw...

182 Cup/Mk5 Gti

Cheers Greeny! The exhaust system was sound. I think the earlier janspeed versions that ktec did were straight through so i wonder is yours had baffles in the backbox?

Got the fog ducts fitted. Looks alot better than before..
DSC01899.jpg

DSC01900.jpg

And how she stands now...
DSC01902.jpg

DSC01901.jpg

Future plans after fcs are to make her into a full on cup racer rep. I'm on the hunt for a set of 2118's then its on with the stickers/vinyls

Re: My 172 Cup (T5MY G) FCS Prep!

Looks awesome so far man! I skim-read everything, so sorry if you mentioned this...

Are you getting a cage/interior respray?