ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my 172 cup

alfa romeo gtv v6
how do all reasonably new to this site but iv had a 172 cup since january and i love it. love its bare simplicity and raw speed. not had it on a track yet but i am taking it on a road trip next year to the stelvio pass (where top gear were) and the nurburgring. its pretty much standard (the way they should be) except a pipercross air filter and it will soon have drilled brake discs which will be need for the ring! i will try and post some pics for uz.

ps how do u attach pics.lol

welcome, I do like the 172cups and think they only need a few slight mods to finish them off :)

You need to use the advanced editing options for replies I believe, select insert image and point it to where the image is stored.

Hope this helps.

172 A Cupwork Orange™
personaly i'd stay clear of drilled disc's as they can crack, grooved are much better mate, and i hope ur piper has a head shield as u'l need one if you visit the ring to stop all that nasty heat soak :)

good choice of car tho mate

alfa romeo gtv v6
cheer guys i spoke to someone last night and he said grooved will be fine. still and seem to get my pics posted im a bit stupid when it comes to stuff like that.lol. anyone recommend anything else for going on track?

www.renparts.co.uk
i would definitely avoid the drilled disks, as said they crack.If your going to get some spend some money as cheap ones are garbage. stock items are fine for the track just upgrade the pads.

personaly i'd stay clear of drilled disc's as they can crack, grooved are much better mate, and i hope ur piper has a head shield as u'l need one if you visit the ring to stop all that nasty heat soak :)

good choice of car tho mate

I've had my drilled discs from k tec for about a year now and haven't cracked as yet! But I will say that the greenstuff pads arnt what they used to be and don't drive the car that much past year so still more than 50% on.

alfa romeo gtv v6
im gonna get black diamonds theyve been recommended by a few people. my mate with an alfa v6 uses them and they seem to stop that! im also planning on painting my calipers which iv been told is a long boring summers day job. anyone painted their 172 cup calipers blue so i can get a prewiew?

Leon Cupra 300
Brembo max discs mate will be ample, with some mintex pads...

Lose the Pipercross too, it will probably be costing you power.