ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 172 questions

Right, been out for a test drive in a Mk1 172 today. Lovely it was too! Its a Mk1 (2001) with 18000 miles priced at £8995. Its got really low mileage but i feel its a bit overpriced... what do u guys think?

The car had a cassette player up front with a CD multichanger in the boot. Is it right thats its only got a cassette up front cos it looks naff.

What kind of things should i be looking for in a used 172 (mk1 or mk2). Its the first real time ive had a close look at one and i dont really know what to look for.

Thankin you!

Focus ST3 + proper Mini

My old Mk1 172 had a single disc up front with a renualt (alpine) multi changer under the drivers seat.

Check for alloy spare and alrm sensors on the pillars. UK cars should have both.

check for the 4k rattle, mine started at around 20k miles.

KDF

Audi TT Stronic

I bought my mk2 2002 172 when it was only 8 months old for £9000, it had 5600 miles on the clock.

My Mk 1 (X-reg) 172 had cassette on the dash and the 6-CD changer under drivers seat. From memory there were no real options, it just came with everything back then. Which caught me out when I got the current one because they had made the changer an extra :(

Still my 182 arctic blue cup susp is coming next month and that will have a changer again :) Expect Ill be fitting some mp3 gadgetry at some point as this will be all mine and not a company car like last 2.

I still miss the mk1 gear stick tho... even if it was always either freezin cold or bakin

172 FF

I got my 02 Clio with 23000 for £9000 & its mint. I think it might be an import, but it was first registered in the UK & according to DVLA & HPI its not an import.
I had to do a lot of looking around for it though (And it was a private sale).

[Edited by NIN-172 on 24 May 2004 at 4:36pm]

got my 02 172 with 31k on it for £7800 which i personally think is a steal needed two tyres and tax which i have now sorted for £250 so its cost me around £8k, as above i think its an import but it hasnt shown on dvla or hpi so when i sell it on to th ebest of my knowledge it not ;)

paid 9k for my 02 172 with 14kmiles private sale its an import too...reg vardy wanted £10500 for same year car with 30kmiles and that was an import so i think i got me sell a good cheap car....

Paid £8995 for mine a year ago - 2000 X MK1 172 with 28k but totally mint, very hard to find it but well worth it (has french manuals but was orgionally sold new in the UK from sheffield - sourced from belgium). Had new tyres, discs and pads all round, new centre section exhaust and timing belt done. Turns out it was owned by someone who lived around the corner from where I work and its the same car Id been lusting after for ages.

That is way way way overpriced. As the guys said above, you can get a MKII 172 for less than £9000 easily enough. I paid £8800 for my 02 172 with just 9730 miles on the clock in February.