ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 182....handling and speed

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Wow!
Just been for a meal for my bro's birthday near my local private rally tracks that I haven't been down since getting the 182.....

Coming back with my sisters boyfriend in the car, and it was awesome! max speeds around the bends were 60-65mph in my PI Springed 1.2 16v Clio, and similar if not a little less in my Weitec coilovered Lupo GTi. Flying down at 90mph in the 182 and there was not even a hint of loss of grip.

First time I have really pushed it, and so, so impressed!

The 182 is lowered on Sportlines and had PE2's all round.

Clio 1.2 16V
Lol, don't tell me it was round Broomfield bends? seen as you're from Derby i guess you know where that is?

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
It was indeed matey, had just been at Morley Hayes.

Clio 1.2 16V
Haha, had a feeling it was round there, going 90 round there tho i'm suprised you didn't end up in the hedge!
Where abouts you from?

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Last time someone did that on a bend they nearly ploughed into a bus ;)

It's downhill and you can see all of the road in front, so any obstructions are clear to be seen.

Boosh, I won't!

Staton, I'm from Spondon, not far away. You?

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Yeah I know heanor a bit.
It wasn't 90mph around all of them, slowed down a bit for the first left-hander, spun my 1.2 on that corner before by accident!

I love the roads up there, all around Horsley and Smalley, very good fun!

Full Fat 182
I live just up the road and whilst it is a good road, I've seen and heard of more really bad accidents there. And seeing as you've come from a 1.2 to 2lt I would be careful pushing it until you really know how to drive it. Over confidence especially on a road you know well says one thing to me - writeoff at the very least

Nice motor mind, I do like them in titanium

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
I live just up the road and whilst it is a good road, I've seen and heard of more really bad accidents there. And seeing as you've come from a 1.2 to 2lt I would be careful pushing it until you really know how to drive it. Over confidence especially on a road you know well says one thing to me - writeoff at the very least

Didn't jump straight to the 2.0 mate, but I see what you mean.
I know them very well though, and wouldn't do it with other cars around. Although considering it is my private road, there won't be any other cars on it!

the car could have gone faster, felt really composed

Clio 1.2 16V
Lol, yeah musta slowed down for a few of them, the worst one i think is just after the college and downhill in to the right turn then the left, kinda like a backwards S.
Yeah they're good roads round there.
Do you know Matt hare if you're doing a royces aprentership?

Clio 1.2 16V

Yeah 4 youngsters died recently in a Ibiza cupra R round there.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Thats the best one, can carry loads more speed than you think through that one.

How old is he?

I can see this turning into a flaming for me!

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Dunno, people seem to not like fun on here sometimes!

Erm, name doesn't ring a bell, but theres loads of them! Does he have a car?
I've got a shite memory though so probably wouldn't remember anyways!

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Erm....nah not sure mate to be honest, don't know many of the first years as don;t have much to do them anymore.

Although I'm not an apprentice anymore, just come out of my time last week, I'm now a qualified 'Configuration Engineer' who knows nothing at all!

Clio 1.2 16V
Haha, you're insurance must of been a lot to get insured on a 182 at 19! Did you start with a 1.2 then?

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Yep, 1.2 16v, Lupo GTi, Volvo 360 GLT (runaround) then the 182.

Insurance was £1800, a lot, but worth it in my opinion, wanted one for as long as i can remember.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
Yep, 1.2 16v, Lupo GTi, Volvo 360 GLT (runaround) then the 182.

Insurance was £1800, a lot, but worth it in my opinion, wanted one for as long as i can remember.
u gonna help me in sure mine in march man ;)

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Haha, just clone my details mate, bingo!
Although, Flux messed up with mine, should have been £3200, but they had to honour the price!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
you got 0ncb or a claim mate? surely shouldnt be anywhere near £3200 for you?!

im only £1100 at the same age (19) with 1yrs ncb, fully comp with admiral

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
my ex used to live that side of derby - so i was always flying around that area morley hayes in my 04 black gold and 05 tity :)

dont forget thats the road that those people died on

Trophy #267
lol whenever i drive round there im stuck behind half a dozen cars lol.
personally prefer turning left just after the 40 zone and doing donkeys hollow ;)

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
you got 0ncb or a claim mate? surely shouldnt be anywhere near £3200 for you?!

im only £1100 at the same age (19) with 1yrs ncb, fully comp with admiral

I'm F/C, 2 years no claims.
Not sure why its so much with them, had other quotes around £1700 mark, but I'm 4 months through my policy and didnt fancy cancelling.

Must be the postcodes mate, mine is D I think, in the middle of the range?

lol whenever i drive round there im stuck behind half a dozen cars lol.
personally prefer turning left just after the 40 zone and doing donkeys hollow ;)

Donkeys hollow is awesome, not enough corners though!

200 Gordini
Pepsi, get that avatar changed!

What insurance company you with? Im looking to be insured on my 19th birthday