ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 197'd Baked Bean

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Scoff is definitely finding his way round the OE ECU's, midst discussion last week he was saying he has updated software/firmware to give the FBW a better throttle response which is on mine.

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Notice a difference on the throttle Ricardos?
I'll be honest with the power I have (262bhp) I couldn't or wouldn't be able to tell the difference. If the firmware was mapped into a stock 182 I think you would, a bit like driving a 182 with the timing out then having it redone. Using the timing as a before and after reference.

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
Interesting...
Always thought the mapping could do with something like that. Will have to enquire when I do the cams in mine next year
Cheers

No probs, like I said going from the conversation we had, Chris (Scoff) seems to learn new things about the ECU and is able to tweak things.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
Small update for my thread seeing as I've not put anything in for ages...

Car hasn't changed much as such but while I was in France this year some French plank revered into my car on the campsite causing damage to the front/wing area. It has been fixed through insurance twice so far and I'm still not 100% happy with the work. In fact I'll go so far as to say they've royally pissed me off with it tbh.
But I managed to get a new splitter and a new headlight out of it:cool:.

Getting the new light made the other really stand out as looking shite so today I set about doing a restore on it using the Meguiars 2 step kit. Really happy with the results and would probably recommend it over the 3M kit as it uses less stages and the spray also provides UV protection.
So here's a few pics of the car sporting a new splitter and nice shinny lights again. Can you spot which is the new one?

I forgot to take a before of the light but it wasn't in a great state!

IMAG0018_zpslv55d91c.jpg

IMAG0017_zpsszqamtrq.jpg

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
What was it when you bought it from me, 60 something?

62k iirc so I've been doing less than average in it.

Nice, she still behaving?

Seems to be apart from the usual little clio niggles that they all have now and then. Did a good 2k driving to Morzine over summer and it never missed a beat so the cams seem to behaving still...

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Just read your thread again mate as I got linked from another about EFI. Will have to meet up now my RS is on the road for some photos or something.