ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 2000 Wreg 1.2 8v won't start

Renault Clio 1.2 Grande
I have had this problem for a while and its hit and miss which is the most annoying part. :mad:

I can unlock the car as normal and everything is fine. When i come to start the car it will start but then the little red light inbetween the 'stop' and 'serv' light, flashes really fast and then it cuts out. It will only be running for about 2-3 secs then it will cut out.

Sometimes it will take loads of attempts to start but then other times it starts first time and then on occassions not at all.

I have had the mechanic out who puts the computer on your car and he can't find any faults at all.

I really need help to resolve this and to restore my faith in my little car and Clios in general.

Any help woulf be great

Ta Muchly x

Mk6 Fiesta Zs
i aint no mechanic but i'd guess something silly like the battery ? starter motor ? all guesses. can be quite a few things

The light flashing fast sounds like the immobiliser, could be a key or decoder ring fault. Bit strange how it runs for a few seconds tho??

J

jakm15

no you need one recoded not sure how to do it, but as your other key doesnt work your ecu may need to be reprogramed, take it a garage and tell them to fix it