ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 2003 DC5 Integra Type R (Bulid-ish thread.)

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
After 5 years dutiful service, the 172 Cup went to the south of France for it's new life.

It was time for a change, and I've always wanted a DC5, so I bought one.

17369378322_baa9fb7ab0_c.jpg
Integra DC5
by Adam Lister, on Flickr

85k, 1 owner in Japan, 1 owner here, FSH from new, in the UK since 2011. It all stacked up, so I got it bought.

The spec as I bought it was:
  • Eibach Springs, Camber Bolts
  • Spoon Strut Braces
  • AD08R's on Rota G-Force
17345383946_37d9dbfa5e_c.jpg
Integra DC5

17370999351_8eda1180ce_c.jpg
Integra DC5

Just after I bought it, there was a DC5 meet at Ace Cafe. 40 of them in one place, was quite a sight!
https://flic.kr/s/aHskfq6cMo

19002573574_99ac89a53d_c.jpg
dc5-ace-cafe-22

19004207863_d7232dbf18_c.jpg
dc5-ace-cafe-20

Then I bought a set of Bilstein B16 / PSS9 coilovers. Ride height didn't change, but ride quality did - big time.

20950021284_574d3e5086_c.jpg
PH Lineup

Then I decided the brakes didn't inspire me with much confidence, so had some HEL lines and Motul DOT4 fluid put on it.

I absolutely love this car, it doesn't light many fires compared to new car performance. However, the way it drives is absolutely incredible.

I've got a Tegiwa / GruppeM copy in the garage waiting to go on, and should have some Rays CE28N's in bronze ordered up in the next few weeks.

I want to get a de-cat system of some sort, but don't want it too loud.

Ray Gin

ClioSport Club Member
  Cupra Leon & Impreza
attachment.jpg

I keep repeating myself every time I see a DC5 on here, but they are one of the best looking second hand cars money can buy, IMO.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Just awesome. The new wheels in bronze should transform the looks also.

Clio 172
As above, best looking car in a realistic price range, with yours being in the best colour. I have two mate that have got one, one blur other white, parked next to each other white one stands out loads

clio 172 phase 2
Looks awesome dude ! Dc5 is next for me after owning an ep3 for 3 years . K20 is an awesome power plant

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  Seat Leon
Stunning car you got there,there is one by me and it sticks out like a sore thumb and sounds awesome :smile:

Starlet_gt

ClioSport Club Member
  VW T5.1
I was looking at these as a replacement for my focus st the other week. Just couldn't find one anywhere. Lovely car, I'm very jealous!

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I love these, yours looks lovely. Can never get on with the blocky rear bumper though.

Renault clio 182
She's looking a million dollars awesome looking dc5 buddy keep the hardworking up buddy

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Yeah very good mate. Pretty normal as standard but I've started to mess, forge recirc dump valve, induction kit, back box removed. Goes and sounds well mate. Just looking to get it mapped at some point too.

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
Nice, they seem like great cars on paper. Sadly, never drove the R26R when my dad had one.

Trophy = Recaros and slippy diff right? :)

Love DC5's, ive had two. Looks like you have a decent example.
Id recommend an RBC and of course kpro if youre going down that route.