ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 2010 Motorsports Highlights

Oil Burner
Well its that time of the year again, and while I try not to think about how long I will have to wait to get my fix of motorsports again, i've been going through some of this years photos.

So here you go, these are my favourite photos from what has been an amazing year of motorsports photography for me.

Next stop BTCC Media day - I cant wait.

*These might be in the wrong order and as ever I really appreciate your crit good or bad.

1. Media day - My first experience of tracking shots - loved it

817910615_MUDtj-L-1.jpg

2. Perks of the Job

1095793487_SGaTk-M.jpg

3. BTCC Thruxton

1092203389_eYxpA-L.jpg

4. More Perks of the job

829356355_McAcd-L.jpg

5. Some robust overtaking from Neal

1092203758_HyGKR-L.jpg

6. BTCC Rockingham - now one of my favourite circuits

848140863_BuLNK-L-1.jpg

7. More Rockingham

850468123_buGkh-L.jpg

8. BSB @ Thruxton - not a good bike circuit

1092187734_YXiQn-L.jpg

9. BTCC @ Brands Hatch - First of a few soakings this year

1092208118_zkPNe-L.jpg

10. BTCC @ Oulton Park - Great circuit, if only it was about 3 hours closer to home

1092210909_JSwnh-L.jpg

11. BSB @ Cadwell - pretty much the only BSB round I would bother going to

1092198607_5WdcA-L.jpg

1092200512_thxkr-L.jpg

13. BTCC @ Snetterton - by far the most interesting undulation present on this track

1092213210_n3pZj-L.jpg

964937175_vQtsf-L-1.jpg

15. BTCC @ Silverstone - another circuit where the racing is by no means the best thing present

979483378_EEr6W-L.jpg

978880338_TWJb8-L-1.jpg

17. WTCC @ Brands Hatch - by far one of my favourite events - shame its moved for 2011

941099794_VZZfw-L-1.jpg

18. DTM @ Brands - Favourite event of the year

1046166430_SYCiR-L.jpg

19. Sparky - BTCC take note

1092178341_e4EfM-L.jpg

20. GT Trophy @ Brands - unfortunately to see a Engleberts car go up in flames :(

875105635_kKNRm-L.jpg

21. BTCC Final @ Brands

1043144022_dN8fe-L.jpg

1095794678_RcHpD-L.jpg

23. My favourite photo this year.

1092218251_Bip75-L.jpg

Oil Burner
Cheers guys, much appreciated as always.

Revels - it's my only job at the moment, but thats more to do with not having found a proper job yet. Next year it might be a bit more like a proper job, hopefully a few bigger customers. But i won't know until next year. I will be doing the entire BTCC season (did everything except Knockhill and Croft this year), and probably letting some friends take over my BSB stuff as i have had enough of the series organisers. I can't wait for next year, if there was any money in doing this i would love to do it full time. But there isn't a real living to be made purely from Motorsports photography at this level.

lift number 1 @ btm
All very nice mate!!

no 13 looks pretty perky too..

I'm guessing you are allowed past the fences?

Oil Burner
excelent stuff fella.

dont suppose you'll cover any of the Andros thorphy this year?

Not unless someone paid me to cover it. And given its location i doubt i could find 1 customer to pay me enough. Shame, looks like a really cool series.

All very nice mate!!

no 13 looks pretty perky too..

I'm guessing you are allowed past the fences?

Yeh i'm accredited media, helps a lot for interesting backgrounds, but i often find myself shooting from spectator positions too. Probably about 1/3rd of the shots in this thread could be replicated by spectator photographers from spectator positions.

Wow amazing shots. What equipment do you use? expensive no doubt!

Not that expensive in the grand scheme of things. My trust 1dmk3, 1.4xTC, 70-200F2.8 Non IS, 50d, 50mm F1.8, Borroed 10-22mm, I have a 430 EX but i dont really use it, Also have a Sigma 100-300 F4, but again its been gathering dust.

I have two bodies, but prefer to just shoot one if i can help it. The 50d is only there incase the 1d fails or i need to use the wideangle (EF-S fitment)

Utterly awesome shots.

*Twiddles thumbs until "My 2011 Motorsports Highlights" thread*

:coffee:

Thanks very much, if you can hurry 2011 up i will hurry the photos up lol

excellent photos! I wish you all the best in your togging career next year :)

Thanks very much, with any luck i will have a proper job by then and this will be an extra source of income to fund my Camera habit.

There is a slideshow here of the images, plus a few others i have chucked in :: http://sportstock.photoshelter.com/gallery-slideshow/G0000tFxU.l4fLEg/?start=

lift number 1 @ btm
I know what you mean about the stands, I got some good stuff from the f1 at Abu Dhabi.
I had to keep both eyes open though to try to track tha cars and frame the shot at the same time!

Oil Burner
Cheers guys,

Dan, you might be surprised. If you have a need to be there they are pretty fair. Unfortunately your unlikely to get a media pass purely on the basis of shooting for a team (certainly not at club level), so you need to be providing to media/have published images. But if you can sort that then your laughing.

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
An absolutely fantastic selection of photographs; diverse, vibrant and each one capturing the emotion/action as it happened (in my humble opinion of course). Since I found this section of the website I've always looked forward to viewing the photos of certain folks on here, yourself being one of them, and this selection highlights why. Sorry for the brown-nosing but they are great and I hope you can go on and make it happen next year. Awesome.

Oil Burner
Thanks Sharky. Its nice to get comments on the photos as a lot of these wont see the light of day apart from in threads like this.

For what its worth i always look forward to your roadtrip photo threads. Returning the brown-nosing ;)

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks Sharky. Its nice to get comments on the photos as a lot of these wont see the light of day apart from in threads like this.

For what its worth i always look forward to your roadtrip photo threads. Returning the brown-nosing ;)

I'm thankful for these sorts of threads where folks *can* share their photos; in some ways it's like getting our own exclusive view into portfolio's that many will never see (which is a shame in itself given the quality of the photos). In terms of the roadtrip photos.... thanks for viewing them - all of a sudden I feel very humbled!!

I look forward to seeing more of your work (and, indeed, those of other capable 'tog's on here).