ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 2011 Motorsport Season Highlights (quite pic heavy!)

Oil Burner
So with Britcar this previous weekend that draws a line under my 2011 season. I've done about 20-25 events this year, similar to last year, its been an interesting one. It hasn't quite been such a memorable year in terms of championship battles, but it has been very entertaining all the same.

I will stop going on and post some photos, hope you enjoy them. Bring on 2012!

1. BTCC Media day

BTCCMediaDay2011-4781-Edit-2-L.jpg

2. One of my favourite shots of the year.

BTCCMediaDay2011-5362-L.jpg

3. Brands Indy BTCC

BTCCBRANDSHATCHINDY2011-5719-L.jpg

4. The result.

BTCCBRANDSHATCHINDY2011-5724-L.jpg

5. All i could find of interest at Donington

DoningtonParkBTCC-8247-L.jpg

6. BTCC Thruxton

BTCC-Thruxton-Saturday-3047-L.jpg

btcc-thruxton-saturday-2577-L.jpg

BTCC-Thruxton-Saturday-2108-L.jpg

9. Just one more then

BTCC-Thruxton-Qualifying-1528-L.jpg

10. BSB Brands Indy.

BSBBrandsHatchIndy-8739-L.jpg

11. BTCC Oulton Park

BTCCOULTONPARKSATURDAY-7762-L.jpg

BTCCOULTONPARKRACEDAY-9268-L.jpg

13. British GT

BritishGTBrandsHatchGP-9523-L.jpg

BritishGTBrandsHatchGP-1542-L.jpg

BritishGTBrandsHatchGP-9952-L.jpg

16. Cadwell BSB

BritishSuperBikesCadwellpark-L.jpg

BritishSuperBikesCadwellpark-L.jpg

18. BTCC Snetterton

BTCCSnettertonRaceday-7378-L.jpg

btccsnettertonraceday-7045-L.jpg

20. WTCC Donington - in contrast to BTCC @ Don, i loved this event.

WTCCDoningtonpark2011-3894-L.jpg

WTCCDoningtonpark2011-4952-L.jpg

WTCCDoningtonpark2011-4902-L.jpg

23. DTM - Once again my favourite event of the year.

DTMBrandsHatch2011-0755-L.jpg

DTMBrandsHatch2011-2194-L.jpg

DTMBrandsHatch2011-2657-L.jpg

26. Rockingham BTCC

BTCC-Rockingham-3461-L.jpg

27. Bit of Historics

MastersHistoricsBrandsHatchGP-L.jpg

28. BTCC Brands GP (ok its a clio)

BTCCBrandsHatchGP-5585-L.jpg

29. BTCC Silverstone

BTCCSilverstoneSunday-9598-L.jpg

30. Britcar Brands Hatch

BRITCARNIGHTRACE-4363-L.jpg

Superb, I always enjoy seeing your image threads and the progression year on year is both obvious and impressive. Press access aside, the most heartening thing about your images for anyone should be that you don't use unattainable equipment. Sure it's reasonably expensive, but we're not talking £5k 400mm lens here and it's obvious that your creativity and technique are 95% of what makes your images as good as they are.

BMW Z4
i am 100% jealous of you're shots.
I go to knockhill in scotland now and again to try and get good shot but nothing as near as good as you're final product. If you dont mind me asking what kit are you using i think im needing a new lens i am rocking a tamron 70-300mm dont find the images very sharp.
Keep up the good work i always look forward to youre threads.

Audi A3
great shots, one with the plane in is my favourite. watermark (if thats what its called) is bloody annoying though!

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks for posting up, mate - always enjoy seeing your work and photography threads. Out of the pics you posted... my favourite is #23; it just 'works' for me.

vtr, 172, s1 rallye
Good stuff nick.

Glad you had a good year behind the camera. Know how tough things are in your sector at the moment with the number of SBF togs out there.

let us know when free for that beer

Oil Burner
Thanks everyone for your comments, unfortunately i just found out that once again i didn't win the MSA Young Photographer of the year. Probably due to my lack of portrait work and Nationally published work. Next year hopefully!

Superb, I always enjoy seeing your image threads and the progression year on year is both obvious and impressive. Press access aside, the most heartening thing about your images for anyone should be that you don't use unattainable equipment. Sure it's reasonably expensive, but we're not talking £5k 400mm lens here and it's obvious that your creativity and technique are 95% of what makes your images as good as they are.

Thanks Chris, Glad you enjoy them!

i am 100% jealous of you're shots.
I go to knockhill in scotland now and again to try and get good shot but nothing as near as good as you're final product. If you dont mind me asking what kit are you using i think im needing a new lens i am rocking a tamron 70-300mm dont find the images very sharp.
Keep up the good work i always look forward to youre threads.

Thanks, the kit is a 70-200 2.8 1.4xTC 17-40F4 50d 1dmk3. A 70-200 F4 or F2.8 is all the lens you need if your a bit creative with your shots.

Undoubted talent you have Nick, your work is seriously impressive and inspiring.

Thankyou mate

Great shots, Nick.
I've enjoyed them throughout the year and wish I'd been to that many events!

Thanks Ben, its great fun even if pretty hard work and relentless at times (this year i worked 1 month without a day off between my day job and weekend photography work)

great shots, one with the plane in is my favourite. watermark (if thats what its called) is bloody annoying though!

Thanks Gary, the plane shot is one of my favourites, i've wanted to shoot this shot for years - so it was very cool to finally get it. Even if i do wish it was lower in the sky and tighter framed. Unfortunately the watermark will always be there.

Awesome as always! Look forward to seeing your photos in 2012!

Thanks buddy

Some fantastic shots there, very very impressive!

Thanks!

Another great year of shots Nick - nice!

Thanks Paul

Thanks for posting up, mate - always enjoy seeing your work and photography threads. Out of the pics you posted... my favourite is #23; it just 'works' for me.

Thanks, its good to know they are enjoyed. 23 is my favourite shot this year ;)

Awesome stuff. So many poster worthy shots!

Thanks Andy, hopefully getting a few onto canvas.

Wow that,s amazing. A true talent.

Thankyou very kind!

Phenomenal shots!

Cheers!

A truly amazing set of shots. I look forward to seeing your shots next year.

Hopefully a few new events next year which should add something to the mix!

Those shots are mindblowing! Absolutely fantastic! I could look at your photos for hours on end!

Look forward to next year!

Thanks very much, glad your enjoying them.

Good stuff nick.

Glad you had a good year behind the camera. Know how tough things are in your sector at the moment with the number of SBF togs out there.

let us know when free for that beer

Thanks mate, lets grab a beer before xmas in town. Are any of your jobs nr London Bridge?

vtr, 172, s1 rallye
Ministry is elephant and castle so right next to LB.

Portrait stuff for next year - lets have a chat I may be able to put something together with you on that front.

Oil Burner
Seriously fantastic shots there. More for 2012 please :)

THanks! I will try my best.

Number 29, flash and flash, superb :cool:

Thanks Pete, that's one of my favourites from the year. Not a skilled photo to take, just knowing where to be and when.

If any of you guys have 5 seconds to 'like' my photo in this msvr photo comp that would be great! Unfortunately it's a bit of a social networking comp. Which Jonathan is very good at lol, so I'm getting trounced!

My pic is the DTM shot should you not be particularly taken by any of the other images ;)

http://on.fb.me/rItMK2

Stunning. I would love to get to a comparable level at some point. The hours you must have put in (and money you must have spent lol) is reflected in how sharp each and every panning shot it.

I always look forward to your photo competition contributions and this thread for me hands down would win the "best shot from 2011" theme :D Keep it up next year!