ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my 5 gtt and clio 16v with a gtt lump (no 56k)

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
member of the RTOC so might know a few people knocking about..:D

the clios my project that i bought for £800 and have fitted my gtt engine out my old rotten 5.. its getting there but there are so many little jobs that need doing. getting things to look like they were always there is a real g1t of a tast.

the 5's my baby.. owned by some old dude for 15 years and then sold it to a guy i know who broke it and thought it was just the start of something bad.. so i bought it last year at 136 thou and its reading 147 thousand miles now, still running perfect...:cool: shame about the rotten sills:S

P8010576.jpg

P8010575.jpg

P8010574.jpg

P7210090.jpg

P7210072.jpg

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
the picture tell story of pure hell but its not all that bad.... i made little effort to get the engine in and running as you cant spend to much time trying to perfect something as it might be binned when the next things fitted...

the front mount was the first to go as it was just to bit and getting the pipe run to look tidy was impossible.. i can get it in but i need tools and a workshop for that..

the engine bays alot better than in the pics above but to get thing to look right i need to spend £££££££££££££££££££££ and im just not interested at the mo..

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Looks immense on the 182 rims!!!

Always thought the GTT motor was messy...But job looks a good'un.

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
the 5 is standard at the mo although it was running a rejetted carb, induction cone, Ktec sidey and 15psi.. the carbs now on the clio as i thought it had carb trouble (it didn't) and the sidey also went to the clio.. i've also insure the 5 on classic wth HiC as a standrd set up so thought it best to make it standard agian.. wheels and all..

the 5 looks great in the shots but there are a few problems.. the rotten sills crept up the rear quarter and theres now a hole where the rear arch and side skirt meet.. the boots rotten and the doors are also dented and ones for rust on the window.. i have new sills in the garage, a mint boot and 2 good doors for it tho.. once its all fitted and got a nice respray it will be VERY mint.. (inside and out)

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
the clios a never ending thing.. using the gtt samco set and non gtt locations for the header etc, im having to cut them to make them fit.. when im ready i'll purchase some straght lenghs so they one be so long and bendy..

theres still a million wires in the engine bay while i only need a few of them.. i will be sorting out the wiring for the gauges as soon and i get around to it. :S

im runnng the clio 16v wheels at the mo as the last one needs a dent to the rim repaired b4 fitting + i want the stealth look untill its running 100%.. it has passed its MOT and is tax etc and i've driving it about a few times.. hence my disapointment with the handling and power delivery. the PAS rack was removed for a clio RN rack so thats either to slow on the turns or not tracked up right.. :(

the cars far away from where i want it but i'll get it there:D

R5gtt, 182, volvo...
i f*cking LOVE renaults and talked my mother into geting a 182 with the cup packs.. she loves it but only drives it shopping and at the weekends... there aren't many a day go by when im not in it:eek: i also love our driveway as there all there in black looking harder than the UFC

P1010013.jpg