ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 7.5 year old 182 cup

RB182cup&golf gti
Can't believe I've had this car nearly 8 years. Crazy!

Here are some snaps I took this morning. I cleaned it last weekend so thought would take some shots whilst it's clean.

DSCF1503.jpg

DSCF1502.jpg

DSCF1501.jpg

DSCF1500.jpg

DSCF1499.jpg

DSCF1498.jpg

DSCF1497.jpg

Lunar miles....

DSCF1496.jpg

Chavvy Sticker :)

DSCF1495.jpg

DSCF1494.jpg

DSCF1493.jpg

DSCF1492.jpg

one here from when I'd had it a week!

bens.jpg

one here from 2006

24dadd8f.jpg

another one from 2007 after a wax

CLIO04.jpg

That is proper mint car, still has the "cup" stickers on the pillar too. I'm guessing it's a weekend only car?

Octavia VRS LE
only on 19 thousand? not bad going for nearl 8 years old. Looks in as good condition as when you first bought the car. Very nice example that.

RB182cup&golf gti
Thanks for the comments. Not posted any pics on here for years. Beef-mc - yes it pretty much is a weekend car. When I bought it I did 5k in the first year and now I commute to work by train so it rarely needs to come out. If it comes out it goes on long journeys as opposed to short runs. It has actually wracked up 1k miles in the last two months but limited use again now! I remember your car Paul with the exhaust shots (very nice), and on dw, but i rarely go on the forums these days. Birchdown were really impressed with it when it had its belts done a couple of years ago. Really want a 200 in black or a Trophy and seen some minters for sale, but if I do get one I think this one is gonna stay.

I also need to use a different camera as these pics don't do the colour any justice.

2015 ST2(MO)/CorsaLE
im the same as you, mines not worth a great deal in the big picture, but its to nice to let it go, id swap it for a 200, but i know then its 6+ gone and then i know i would never get another one like mine out there you try searching on pistonheads/autotrader cars like ours done exist.

133/225/CLS AMG
That's awesome to see. A man after my own heart keeping a car a long time but them miles down.

Minter!! :)

Properly mint.
I did more (mostly fun) miles than that in 15 months when I had an RB182.
Seems like a waste of a fun car to me, but definitely respect the effort that its taken to keep it looking so good!

133/225/CLS AMG
Seems like a waste of a fun car me....

Thing is I get similar comments about my car but when you only do a few hundred\thousand miles a year in a car, it makes every drive a bit special. Plus I've not doubt that after seven and a half years that 182 feels as fun as ever rather than being a daily driver which feels 'normal'.

RB182cup&golf gti
Cheers for all the comments. Forgot to mention, it's still on its original tyres as well with plenty of tread left. It spends all week in the garage and comes out at weekends if needed, but I hate leaving it anywhere in case it gets dinged. Keep looking out for a nice ph1 172 as love them but no plans to get shut of this.

RB182cup&golf gti
Yep full service history all at Renault with the exception of the belts which I got done at Birchdown. Failed its first mot at Renault due to corroded brake discs, but because of the mileage and condition of the car Renault uk paid for all round new discs and pads which was a bonus!

Ged

PD130 Peach
just for an update what miles is on her currently? and as said, dont sell this, you will regret it!

133/225/CLS AMG
Cheers for all the comments. Forgot to mention, it's still on its original tyres as well with plenty of tread left. It spends all week in the garage and comes out at weekends if needed, but I hate leaving it anywhere in case it gets dinged. Keep looking out for a nice ph1 172 as love them but no plans to get shut of this.

Good plan mate, I don't park my 225 anywhere for exactly the same reason. That's also still on its original tyres as well and brake pads etc. Its a 2006 but has only averaged about 500 miles a year.

Definitely hang onto this mate, it's not worth selling it for the money as sadly older RenaultSports don't hold their value regardless of how well kept they are.

But it's a good feeling to have one of the best examples of a car you love. This is one of the best 182s about.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Great car Ben - stunning example. I didn't notice the mileage at first - the initial give away was the non-melted steering wheel. Straight away I knew it had to be a low miler with that still intact!

D.

RB182cup&golf gti
Oh and the steering wheel has just started to get a little rough around one of the edges from when I had the drive done and left the car parked in the street for a while in the sun. Got to love the French quality :)

133/225/CLS AMG
Thanks for the comments. Alex, your 225 must be a cracker, what mileage are you on?

She's not bad mate, currently got 3,200 miles on the clock. She's certainly in good condition.

Thing is there's a big difference between simply leaving a car sitting around without doing the mileage and actually preserving the car and keeping it like new. Your Clio is certainly in the second category. Will be one of those cars that in 10-20 years time will be the best example of it's kind. :)

Tangoed Works
Stunning a real credit to you!

I think I did about 16k miles in my first year of 182 ownership. Couldn't stop driving it! It died in Aug 08, 3 yrs old with 56k on it!

133/225/CLS AMG
Thanks mate, if you're interested have a look here : http://built-not-bought.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=32&sid=857fb28618f4b761fe04f3841048c345

I think it was just under 2k in the first year on my Megane. Thing is I bought a cheap runabout after about 6 months of owning the Megane so used that for driving to the train station each day. The Megane became a fair weather car but I just haven't had as much of a chance to use it as I'd have liked. It got to a point where I just though that actually I'd preserver it. I know it's not 'the' RS Megane to have but it is rare, still puts a smile on my face and is actually only one of 44 examples in Inferno with factory Xenons.

RB182cup&golf gti
Can't get link to work on phone, in Greece at mo which could be why :) will definitely have a look when get back.
I covered more miles in my VTS in 18 months of ownership than this over 7 yrs. I did what you did and bought a runabout that I could basically use and not give a crap about, and now with getting train to work I just don't do the miles. Had thought about selling but the money I'd get for it wouldn't replace it if that makes sense. We also have a new shape 1.2 dynamique, but quite tempted to trade this in for a new focus st :) that's what reading car magazines on holiday does!!
As years go by, mint original examples become harder and harder to find. Mine is the 182 cup which a lot on here slate, but I love it and will continue to look after it.

133/225/CLS AMG
Had thought about selling but the money I'd get for it wouldn't replace it if that makes sense. We also have a new shape 1.2 dynamique, but quite tempted to trade this in for a new focus st :) that's what reading car magazines on holiday does!!
As years go by, mint original examples become harder and harder to find. Mine is the 182 cup which a lot on here slate, but I love it and will continue to look after it.

I thought exactly the same with my 225. It got to three years old and the mileage was so low, for the amount it had dropped in price, what would I get that was in that condition for the money? I mean for a mint 225 Phase I I'd imagine £6,500 is probably the most I'd realistically sell for. For that money I might as well hang onto it unless I really need too.

It's good to have a car to use daily though. It's almost impossible to keep a car 100% mint while using it every day in all weathers, car parks etc. :(