ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Arctic 182...!

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Well havent really put any pictures up, wanted to put a good few miles on it before i passed comment on how it fairs up against my old Phase 1 172...!

Ive had it around 4 weeks now and im really enjoying it, the Renault Sport range is sublime, they do eveything really well, i dont think they can be beat pound for pound!

Anyway, its a 2004 model, it has 46k on it and i got it from Arnold clark for £5950 (people will call that expensive but there is method in the madness)

When i turned up i obviously went over it with a fine tooth comb.

The cambelt hadnt been done and it was due a service :nono: so we got down to buisness. They agreed to do the belts and a service within the price which was fair enough (this was before they knew how much it costs to do the belts on the F4R..)

So the service and belt change came in at £890.. They then MOT's it and it passed no bother, but as they went to move it around the forecourt the baffle failed on the exhaust so they had to put a new exhaust on it £690 apparently!

Over all im really happy with it and the fact they done nearly £1500 worth!

The dealers manager had said that had they knew that it would have cost that much to sort it would have went straight to auction! Not a happy bunny he wasnt but then thats their problem for not checking the necesary work to make it worthy to sell on....!

Anyway, pics....!

S1051280.jpg

S1051268.jpg

S1051273.jpg

S1051274.jpg

S1051275.jpg

It drives really well its quick enough for me (176bhp @ 6945rpm)

But what i could definatley notice about it is the fly by wire over the throttle cable that the Phase 1 has, theres not that much difference but you can definatley tell!

Either way im happy :cool:

Pictures don't really do it justice :(

Looks much better in the flesh.

Had a wee sneaky look at it while you were in Ikea a few weeks back :p

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Someone's stolen your engine cover.

Car looks good though

I took it off and sold it to another member.

I prefer it without i think, and ive got a spare one from my old 172 anyway :)

Pictures don't really do it justice :(

Looks much better in the flesh.

Had a wee sneaky look at it while you were in Ikea a few weeks back :p

Aye im not great with a camera :eek: lol

RS6+ & 40d MSport X5
I put it through its paces yesterday, was rather impressed!

Daniel's stomach was another matter!

:p

koi

Audi S1
Diadems for the front and Silvervisions for the rear :cool:

Did you manage to get a new stearing wheel out of them too lol

Stagecoach Ticket
Your made mate if you just got a new 182 system put on for free i would run that intill it dropped off first!

Go high power silver on the wheels mate no one does it anymore always the same greys, anthras and blacks. Silver wheels look so clean and smart

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
Your made mate if you just got a new 182 system put on for free i would run that intill it dropped off first!

Go high power silver on the wheels mate no one does it anymore always the same greys, anthras and blacks. Silver wheels look so clean and smart

Aye my old boy tends to agree, its weird because it actually sounds pretty good (the standard one) seems to backfire and pop which im suprised about :eek:

Id have liked a Miltek but im happy the now, but we shall see ;)