ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my bird is killing my 182

RenaultSport clio 182 CUP
having finally decided to insure my girlfriend for my 182 i am now so regretting it!!! man she cant drive. she s killing my clutch and crunching the life out of gearbox.
she came home last night to tell me she had been doing 120mph on the by pass and my heart sank. i had to go out and check over my little car and by some miracle she was still running....
it gets worse she had it at work today and as she works in a nursery she took a few of the kids to the park and oh the mud on the back of the front seats is freakin me out and the door seals and you can hardly see the renault sport badge on the sill for mud and scratches.
How do i tell her that her clio days are over?????????????????:mad:

Er, take the keys off her and don't give them back? Or borrow her car then go down the park to play football in the mud before throwing your boots on her back seat?

Just tell her that until she learns to drive she can't have it!!

Get a mate to ring up the house pretendint to be from the insuracne saying an error occured they want an extra £k or so to add her to the policy.
Or make sure the car doesn't start by unplugging the fuel pump.

Well you have to stand up to her then!! lol

I suggest you both go on Advanced Driving Lessons so she learns not to f**k the 'box up and learns to drive so she won't crash...

You have to give her a taste of her own medicine as she won't understand your pride in it 'til you do the same to hers imo!

Nimbus Clio 197
christ pal, just tell her thats shes ruining your car, and if she isnt gonna be more careful with it, she cant drive it.

ii dont think advanced driving lessons would help. she s one of these people who just aint meant to drive man!!!

'18 Megane dci
I'm sure she now knows how enjoyable driving a Renault Sport can be! :D

Nothing that won't wash out!

E92 M3 Monte Carlo
it sounds like your missus is disrispectful,my missus is on the insurance for my 172 but she knows not to speed in it or get it dirty

mitchzxr said:
tell her straight. tis the only way dude!

nooo you cant tell her straight thats way hard
you need to come up with a complicated excuse filled with lies
thats how i tackle delicate matters with the gf.

Little bit of milk goes off very quickly and stinks like mad parents had to see the car which I'd spilt some milk on as the smell always lingered.
Make sure you do it just after she's returned from shopping and you cna blame there for not taking care of your car.

AHD

Ford Focus ST
Did she drive the kids to the park?, if she did then she wont be insured unless your insurance is for work too!!!

hell your right ahd. those yummy mummys would be pissed if they knew their kids were being driven uninsured. even though its like half a mile away....

Clio IV 0,9 Tce
Make her clean it in her bikini!!! That will teach her!!!!

And take pics of it for us to see!!!

AHD

Ford Focus ST
muffs said:
hell your right ahd. those yummy mummys would be pissed if they knew their kids were being driven uninsured. even though its like half a mile away....

Yeah you dont want the kids in your car, i work in a nursery too , and they sometimes cant control there bladder,

muffs said:

too true, a lot can go wrong in half a mile!

clio 182 black /gold
Just tell to take care with the car and say it will last longer and not cost as much to repair. If anything goes wrong with it give her the bill

182 Cup, (2nd one)
noticed you have a 182 cup- strip out the back seats no way you can any kids in the back then LOL.

just have huge arguments - thats what I do!
Had my 172 2years 5 months and she has driven it about 10 times most of which have ended in bad arguments - sold her car yesterday so she thinks she can use mine til she gets a new one - er NO! I will find another quick!

Megane Mk4
Me and the wife always share the car, because I'm not working at the moment, she takes the car to work with her during the week and I drive it weekends. She has her moments with boy racers and the likes of :D .. It doesn't bother me how she drives it...

well.. Until she drives it worse than me ;) lol

Andi

Der Panzer
Chuck her.

Get her told that she can't drive and, knowing how important the car ist to you, she obviously has no respect.

a burnt one
the easiest way to to do it would simply let her read the comments on this thread, say to her;

"look dear, you i know i love you but i guy like me has a lot of love to go around, therefore i also love my car, i didnt know how to tell you so read this" say you wont stop her from sharing the fun of youre car but she has to learn to be careful with it

its a bit more subtle than the..."now look here biatch, its mine and you aint getting a shot of it again" approach

after reading the posts she will realise how protective not only you, but the rest of the clio owners are of their cars

Not a Clio
If she's transporting kids she needs to be:

A) insured properly
B) have parents written permission
C) be using child seats and boosters where required

Not sure if there is a minimum adult limit in the car for supervision also?

If she's transporting kids regularly they will wreck your car! They will pick at the seats, side trim, there legs are too short and will scuff the backs of your seats away, sticky fingers on the windows etc - you are insane mate. I only let our kids in my car on pain of death if they so much as breathe too loudly!

I'd never, ever let my mrs drive my car. If we go anywhere as a family then I drive her car (being the larger family one) It pisses me off how she treats her own car and lets the kids treat it. If i tell the kids off they always come back with "well mummy lets us".

Peddled device
Tell her she has to 'become one' with the car.This means that she has to drive around in nothing but her slippers!If she is reckless then everyone will stare!

By the way....if she does let me know ;)

E90
which do you love more your bird or a peice of plastic and tin foil glued together by communists?? If its the bird, then forget about the car. I watched my ex, smack my polo gti into a lampost, i just shook my head and went back to watching telly, theres not alot you can do. lol

I'd try the insurance line. Ex of mine used to pester me constantly to drive my Gt turbo i kept saying no and it caused numerous arguements. One day i said sit in the car, she went to open the passenger door i said no the drivers side. She got excited and said are you going to let me drive it (i had no intention of letting her but said nothing) then told her to push in the clutch pedal. That was the end of it, she never asked again and no more arguements.She knew she couldnt push the clutch in because it was too heavy and she insisted on driving in heels which made things worse lol.

106 GTi
LOL nice one Loony!

I am glad that my ex's that I have wanted to drive my cars, have been able to drive and had decent drivers car themselves.