ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My black 1.2 16v

hmmmm not to sure about the lensos.......... ;)

HRr3Ygd.jpg

Haha yeah there all pretty sweet! is yours lowered at all?

Clio 1.2 Mk2 Ph2
See, there really smart. No, it's not lowered as of yet. I do have some spring's but just haven't fitted them yet.

Clio 1.2 Mk2 Ph2
60 or 50mm I'm not too sure. Problem is I'm living away from home. I'm staying at a hotel in Scotland but live in Norfolk. So I have no decent amount of space to do any real wor

Clio 1.2 Mk2 Ph2
well, payday once again. And i decided to fix a few things that needed to be done, first of all - spark plugs, i haven't changed these since i haven't I've had the car despite servicing it when i got it. Good thing i did too as my old ones weren't looking to good.

New vs old
DSC_0032_zps5504d0ac.jpg

also, I've ordered some new brakes - discs and pads - so hopefully get them fitted soon.

Dchalmers92 another memeber from here on the same course as me is currently been taking really good care of his new Clio 182, check it out
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?720177-Titanium-Silver-Clio-182

heres a snap of him cleaning it. No matter the weather this boy is doing something to tidy his car.
DSC_0036_zps4efd8bb9.jpg

Last edited:
  Clio 1.2 Mk2 Ph2
1.2 16v restore and improve.

So, with my recent pay check i am trying to sort out the little things that have been bugging me and other things i just felt might improve the car.

Im not sure i this is a common problem, however i have had a leak on the top of the A pillar on the passangers side for a few weeks,
DSC_0044_zps02a9b873.jpg

has this ever happened to anyone else. Looking around the car i cant find any direct reason for this, i have bought some sealant and a rubber grommit and plugged the hole under the roof lining just above the a pillar.

Any advice as to things to look out for would be excellent.

Also i have ordered some silver-tech indicator bulbs for the rear light clusters from ebay, as well as an LED liscence plate bulb.

Future mods/repairs to car
- mintex brake discs and pads fitted when they turn up
- new headlight clusters - hopefully black surround xeonon lights from the 172/182
- new bumper / repair + respray the bumper to get rid of several scratches and a few chips
- new bonnet (curret one has been straightened but isnt perfect and is annoying me)
- new wheels and tyres to get the car looking nice, i have finally decided on a set of FOX MS006 in gunmetal in 15" after a lot of humming and ha-ing
- fit the lowering springs (50mm lower then standard)
- tint the rear 3 windows
- rs front grille

Any suggestions, advice, or critism is appreciated. Cheers guys

Clio 1.2 Mk2 Ph2
Thats probably your sunroof leaking, mines the same
i thought the sunroof, so i went around that about 2 weeks ago and sealed it, but its still happening. Strangest thing is that the only park of the car getting wet is the passengers side a pillar. but ill see how the sealant and rubber grommet get on, if well ill let everyone know.

plans sound good though!
Thanks Jackdanielsmom, it might take a while to do but hopefully i can get it looking good again

2007 Clio 197
On the passenger side of the windscreen is a seal that runs top to bottom, check the top of it, a friends clio was leaking through there. Bit of silicon seal inside done the trick. Ill get a picture of the location for you when I get home!

Arctic 182
Hi Ben, on the topic of your lights: I bought a new set from eBay as mine were horribly clouded & hazed. Really spoilt the look of my car. I couldn't really be bothered with the 3M kit as I'd tried similar methods before. Anyway, here's some pics of before & after. It made so much difference & the light output is great.

tumavu8u.jpg
a7agygu4.jpg

5asynegy.jpg

The 3M kit is obviously cheaper (£65 for the lights) but if you want new lights I'd say this is the way to go unless you want xenons.

HTH,

Chris.

Clio 1.2 Mk2 Ph2
On the passenger side of the windscreen is a seal that runs top to bottom, check the top of it, a friends clio was leaking through there. Bit of silicon seal inside done the trick. Ill get a picture of the location for you when I get home!

Awesome, thanks james, would really appreciate that, i think i know where you mean so i will have a go. Photos would be much appreciated though if you could.

Clio 1.2 Mk2 Ph2
Tidy car! Subbed to this, loving the thread and the future plans

Thanks pal, much appreciated

Hi Ben, on the topic of your lights: I bought a new set from eBay as mine were horribly clouded & hazed. Really spoilt the look of my car. I couldn't really be bothered with the 3M kit as I'd tried similar methods before. Anyway, here's some pics of before & after. It made so much difference & the light output is great.

Cheers Mendizmo, the difference is huge, really like it. Yea i did try the meguires kit, but to be honest, it was a pile of crap. slight improvement but not worth the money spent. Those photos have Convinced me to get some new lights next pay day after i have fixed the brakes and got some new tires.

Clio 1.2 Mk2 Ph2
not much new, just fitted my new silver-tec bulbs and took some photos to show you guys. Alot of people have done this (with better photos) but i think the difference is awesome.

before
DSC_0052_zps9294ebf5.jpg

DSC_0053_zps37e5c019.jpg

and after
DSC_0054_zps1b2518f4.gif

DSC_0057_zpsa03bda31.jpg

2007 Clio 197
Scrappies normally have plenty lying around. Otherwise, people breaking cars will normally have them.

2001 mk 2 Clio 1.2
The corner bit on mine is missing and it's getting wet in exactly the same place as yours so it probably is that, it only gets a bit damp and doesn't drip so it's not all bad

2007 Clio 197
I think there kind depending on if you got a "finished at 10 to 5 on a friday night job" with clios. ive seen people who havent got the sunroofs, get a leak through this seal haha

Clio 1.2 Mk2 Ph2
The corner bit on mine is missing and it's getting wet in exactly the same place as yours so it probably is that, it only gets a bit damp and doesn't drip so it's not all bad

yea kyle, mine gets relly wet but depends on the weather. recently been really bad, ive added some sealant under the little black bit, so i will see how it goes and let ya know. Its dry at the moment so wont find out till it rains again. haha

Clio 1.2 Mk2 Ph2
Ive put this in the detailing thread as well, but for anyone that might read this too...

as my car is slowly returning to a decent standard (still not there yet) i want to add that extra touch of improving the paintwork and look of the car with some detailing. Basically i want your recommendations of the things i will need (such as wax, swirl removers polishes and clay bars ect...) and the makes of things you recommend most.

Thanks in advance

2001 mk 2 Clio 1.2
yea kyle, mine gets relly wet but depends on the weather. recently been really bad, ive added some sealant under the little black bit, so i will see how it goes and let ya know. Its dry at the moment so wont find out till it rains again. haha

Shouldn't be long before it rains again ;) lol

Ok thanks :) I'll fill it up with sealant if it works for you, saves taking the sun roof out then. :)

Clio 1.2 Mk2 Ph2
Shouldn't be long before it rains again ;) lol

Ok thanks :) I'll fill it up with sealant if it works for you, saves taking the sun roof out then. :)

well, there was a little drizzle today, Not really much of a tester, but so far so good.

hahah definatley thats just moe time and effort then possibly needed

Clio 1.2 Mk2 Ph2
Any news on if it worked yet? :)

yea mate, its worked... (mines not the greatest repair at the moment, but huge difference to the damp patch inside the car. worth a try pal. I just gt some of the halfords silicone sealant and it appears to have dont the job, the wet patch is significantly reduced but still a little bit there when it really heavy rains

2001 mk 2 Clio 1.2
yea mate, its worked... (mines not the greatest repair at the moment, but huge difference to the damp patch inside the car. worth a try pal. I just gt some of the halfords silicone sealant and it appears to have dont the job, the wet patch is significantly reduced but still a little bit there when it really heavy rains

Think we've got some laying around somewhere so I'll give it a go, won't harm anything :)

I'll let you know :)

Clio 1.2 Mk2 Ph2
Problems, problems problems.

so my first few months of owning the Clio haven't been giving me the best impressions. from leaky sunroof, to leaky windscreen and now more starting problems.

a few weeks ago i had some major starting problems, once i changed the spark plugs, these problems went. Until today. pretty sure the battery is naffed as when i turn the key to start the car the engine ticks but not enough to get it going, a second attempt i get nothing at all. I recently put in LED bulbs in the interior courtesy light, boot and licence plate. i noticed these always have a glow even after being turned off, so im thinking these might be causing some problems. Has anyone else ever had this problem??

also my friends think it may be my sub, but I've never had an issue with this either... any suggestions, whether its battery related or not? if so what possible could be draining it?

i aim to replace the battery this week as im not im major need for the car at the moment just wanted it for a drive.

In good news, i got a set of new tires last week so the car is ready for a good drive about, just not able to take it.

2007 Clio 197
Everything gets better in time mate. Within the first 5 months of me owning my clio, i had to replace the coilpacks and ignition leads, spark plugs, 2 front shock shocks, 3 rear shocks (due to one being fault when it arrived), 4 springs (honestly, just gave me a good excuse to lower it), both front drive shafts, discs, pads, all 4 wheel bearings, and the handbrake cable. But since then, touchwood, its been fine haha, and i still love driving it about!

Comes with buying old cars mate/

2001 mk 2 Clio 1.2
Problems, problems problems.

so my first few months of owning the Clio haven't been giving me the best impressions. from leaky sunroof, to leaky windscreen and now more starting problems.

a few weeks ago i had some major starting problems, once i changed the spark plugs, these problems went. Until today. pretty sure the battery is naffed as when i turn the key to start the car the engine ticks but not enough to get it going, a second attempt i get nothing at all. I recently put in LED bulbs in the interior courtesy light, boot and licence plate. i noticed these always have a glow even after being turned off, so im thinking these might be causing some problems. Has anyone else ever had this problem??

also my friends think it may be my sub, but I've never had an issue with this either... any suggestions, whether its battery related or not? if so what possible could be draining it?

i aim to replace the battery this week as im not im major need for the car at the moment just wanted it for a drive.

In good news, i got a set of new tires last week so the car is ready for a good drive about, just not able to take it.

Not too sure what it could be but it won't be the bulbs, mine do/did that aswell, don't notice it anymore if they still do, its because they use so little power there's always some left in the wire that keeps it lit ( or that's what I've heard) :)

Everything gets better in time mate. Within the first 5 months of me owning my clio, i had to replace the coilpacks and ignition leads, rear shocks (due to one being fault when it arrived), 4 springs (honestly, just gave me a good excuse to lower it), both front drive shafts, discs, pads, all 4wheel bearings, and the handbrake cable. But since then, touchwood, its been fine haha, and i still love driving it about!

Comes with buying old cars mate/

Mine hasn't been too bad for an old french car :) 3 wheel bearings, fan belt and 2 coil packs (1 was faulty)

Clio 1.2 Mk2 Ph2
so most recent development on the car. Had the battery replaced. and starting problems went. thankfully. now it turns over every time happily.....

... or it would if i had the keys.Yes i have managed to loose them see the car is sitting bout mocking me. finally works and i cant use it. ohwell, i will no chase up getting a new key at the expense of about £210 from renault.

so most recent development on the car. Had the battery replaced. and starting problems went. thankfully. now it turns over every time happily.....

... or it would if i had the keys.Yes i have managed to loose them see the car is sitting bout mocking me. finally works and i cant use it. ohwell, i will no chase up getting a new key at the expense of about £210 from renault.

aha unlucky! did you loose both keys?

Clio Sport 1.2 8v
nice clio pal :), im hoping to make a progress post but struggling on how to upload pictures could anyone shed some light? and i like the standard alloys but in black , just a thought. ;)

nice clio pal :), im hoping to make a progress post but struggling on how to upload pictures could anyone shed some light? and i like the standard alloys but in black , just a thought. ;)

upload your pics to an image sharing website (for example, imgur.com)

Then copy the image url into your post, adding these to each side of the url -

so for example, to upload this:

YxD58kI.jpg

you need to type this:

YxD58kI.jpg**
and just get rid of the '**'

Hope that helps!