ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Black 172 Proffessionaly Detailed

Abarth 500
Just picked my 172 up from being detailed, dropped it off on Friday and picked it up lunchtime today, so was a very thorough process. Basically under light the paint was covered in scratches and swirl marks so quite bad! but now it's mint!

It was done by Matt at Prestige Reflections in Cardiff (see www.prestigereflections.co.uk) he is going to do a full write up on Detailing World today or tommorow so will be able to show the before, after and middle. Top job though and good service and would recommend him to anyone in the South Wales area. He told me what wax to get so i can keep it for a few months, then might go back for a top up polish.

Clio1.jpg

Clio2.jpg

Clio3.jpg

Clio4.jpg

E87 118d M Sport
i wouldnt mind knowing the cost too (and how long it took)

(whats that sticker on your bonnet too)

Abarth 500
i wouldnt mind knowing the cost too (and how long it took)
dont ming a PM if you dont wanna post it

(whats that sticker on your bonnet too)

posted the price, price is on his website anyway. He started Friday night and i got it back Sunday lunch time

oh, sticker is Rentech

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.
£200 to clean a car... Jeez! Suppose its a lot of work getting rid of all the scratches and swirls though. Looks spot on :D

Abarth 500
£200 to clean a car... Jeez! Suppose its a lot of work getting rid of all the scratches and swirls though. Looks spot on :D

true, but it's like this is gonna be every month, it's been done now and i can keep it looking like this by careful washing and waxing every month.

E87 118d M Sport
yeah. i think once its done it will be easy to take care off. i would do it if i had the spare cash! thanks for the replies.

Last edited:

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

£200 is cheap!

If it was £200 exactly, then the guy has charged £100 a day. Take out electric/products/water etc etc and he's not left with a lot.

Plus, I did mine once and know what a paintstaking process it is.

£200 is deffinately cheap!!

ST
Looks a good job tho i would've waited til around march/april when there's less grit etc on the roads..

iimushroomzii

Toilet roll king
  Transit Connect.
£200 is cheap!

If it was £200 exactly, then the guy has charged £100 a day. Take out electric/products/water etc etc and he's not left with a lot.

Plus, I did mine once and know what a paintstaking process it is.

£200 is deffinately cheap!!

Suppose, Didnt realise how much work could go into polishing/cleaning a car really!

Abarth 500
Looks a good job tho i would've waited til around march/april when there's less grit etc on the roads..

dont drive my car much, plus it's kept under cover, plus its got a few layers of wax on now so should be easy to keep it up!

330Ci (Fail)Sport
Looks great mate.

£200 seems reasonable considering the time and effort gone into it, and of course the outcome and as you say it's not an every month cost.

Was it the Correction Detail he did?

C

clvs2222

£200 stupid cheap for a business, doubt he made any money at all on it. £300 is roughly the pro' price. due to all the business costs, insurance, products, wages etc.

ibiza cupra
very impressive mate think im going to get into the detailing when the summer comes round. too cold at the momment tho. i only gave my car a quick wash today and it started snowing half way through so i thought id just quickly finish and that be it. my hands ended up like blocks of ice by the time i`d finished.

Abarth 500
£200 stupid cheap for a business, doubt he made any money at all on it. £300 is roughly the pro' price. due to all the business costs, insurance, products, wages etc.

not his full time job though, so he can do it for that price

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
I was thinking of getting mine done as a good base to start on - Hmmmm wonder if theres any local to me!

TrackCar & F30 330d
£200, i would have said thats a good price. i'm gona give it a blast myself.
Practice on the old mans car first ;)

Must say that looks bloody gorgeous! Especially with no front plate.
£200 is a bargain for whats been done to it. Keep it looking good mate and your onto a winner!