ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Blue Fiesta

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Ever so slightly slower in a straight line but evens stevens on roads like this.

After 6 hours walking though I can safely say I'd of rather been driving the Focus for the journey home.

Nice pictures :)

Suits the 3/4 plate nicely. Agree with the Focus for comfort, my mates got B12's on his Focus ST and it still rides more comfy than the Fiesta!

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Owned (read;leased) this a year on the 10th of June, done just over 5000 miles I think. Its a good little car, especially when you kick its head in which due to it not really being mine I can do every journey of everyday. Only thing that bugs me is the ride is shocking round town.

I could happily own it for another year and be completely content as I love the fact it is warranted etc etc but tbh I miss having a car that is my own and that and that I love. Im just about to start liasing with G2L in the hope I can give it back and get an RS which will hopefully be here to stay for good. Just can't decide on green or blue. Head says blue, heart says green.

Owned (read;leased) this a year on the 10th of June, done just over 5000 miles I think. Its a good little car, especially when you kick its head in which due to it not really being mine I can do every journey of everyday. Only thing that bugs me is the ride is shocking round town.

I could happily own it for another year and be completely content as I love the fact it is warranted etc etc but tbh I miss having a car that is my own and that and that I love. Im just about to start liasing with G2L in the hope I can give it back and get an RS which will hopefully be here to stay for good. Just can't decide on green or blue. Head says blue, heart says green.

Did I get back to the other day? Can't remember.

Anyway, G2L advised it was half my remaining payments, less VAT (thanks to @Sir_Dave and his maths).

Swift Sport
As much as I like the Fiesta they've become such a boring everyday car so quickly thanks to their popularity, yet I still like the Focus (facelift only though!).

Agree that blue is the best colour for the RS.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks matthew I appreciate that!

Luckily if I'm not using it for the week I can store it in my warehouse at work. And my house is on a gated street so the weekends don't worry me too much. For every other time I'll get a disklock and the obd port sorted. Should be fine!

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
The car went back to the lease compny yesterday. Had a great 20 months or so with it. Great all rounder, possibly the best overall car I've owned. Just a little too bumpy imho or else it would be perfect. These are going to be a second hand dream in a couple of years time. Even though the back still looks sh*t.

image.jpeg

Looking for a 1*2 as a stop gap until mk7 Golf Rs drop a little in price.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
I honestly don't know if the Golf's will drop all that significantly? They of all cars seem to hold their value!

They do hold their values well, but the previous R versions where relatively limited compared to the MK7? I assume they are, because I see MK7 Rs everywhere!

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
They do hold their values well, but the previous R versions where relatively limited compared to the MK7? I assume they are, because I see MK7 Rs everywhere!

Aye they didn't sell as well due to lease deals not being as good (that and they just weren't as good as the mk7 R's)

Even so, a decent mk6 is still commanding 20k...

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
It will be interesting to see how far they come down. I'm expecting them to be at £20k within the next 12 months.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
How was handing it back to G2L, any issues?
Nope. Guy came, looked round it. I signed for it, and off he went. Said he could tell the car was looked after, pointed out a couple of bits which I was aware of. Didn't mention a few things which I thought he would, so I'm hoping for no further charges but I shall see in the coming days/weeks I suppose.

TTRS & V50
How much are you budgeting for the R ? I'm going to wait till the 20k mark I think, which I reckon could be within 6 months.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Ideally 20k. I'm after a very high spec though so it may take a while for them to come down to that. I'm hoping they take a dive when all the lease cars hit the market, but I can't see many of them being specced well, which could in turn mean specced cars hold abit of value.

Ideally 20k. I'm after a very high spec though so it may take a while for them to come down to that. I'm hoping they take a dive when all the lease cars hit the market, but I can't see many of them being specced well, which could in turn mean specced cars hold abit of value.

Saw my ex's one for sale the other week there at a dealer. Year old- 16k, 19's/lapiz/manual/heated seats/reversing camera/dynaudio/adaptive chassis. £24k

I recon they'll drop to 20k before long.

Reactions: RDH
  TTRS & V50
Yeah that looks to be the going rate, that is the exact spec I want too. Although I don't think autos will get down to 20k this year !

We are 2 weeks into the new plate and I've still not seen any lease vehicles hit the market yet...