ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Blue Fiesta

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Whats everyones opinion on the build quality? I'm only 1300 miles in and not overly impressed if I'm honest. Still a nice little car but I'd be miffed if I'd of payed 20 grand for it tbh.

I think I'm just missing a car with a bit of noise tbh, turbo 4pots sound woefully bad no matter what exhaust they have. Slightly regret not buying a FRS (Which isn't helped by the fact my mate has just bought a 400bhp one) but I suppose I bought it as a money saving exercise and two years isn't really a long time.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I find it at least on a par and arguably a little better than either of my Clios (172 and 200).

I'm still almost 100% rattle free after 24k miles pounding along broken country back roads, carpets still look good, leather shows no sign of age, everything's still tight and taut.

The best bit for me is that after this mileage my wheel shows no sign of wear at all. On both Clios there was peeling by now on the steering wheels.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Rattles are my main bug bear. Suppose it stems from the dirt cheap plastics that are everwhere. It is probably the norm for new cars in this price bracket, although after coming from an 8 year old Golf I did expect a little better.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Love these Best colour too :approve: cant believe how many are sold great deal on lease and as said 2 years time market will be flooded with them .

RB182cup&golf gti
No rattles and coming up to 12 months old. Only gripe is the boot is too small to fit my lads pram in where as easily fits in my wife's 09 Clio. Ah well.

As Mark said; the build is better than a Renault, but IMO no where near VAG etc.

You can see where they save the money over a Polo or A1 in the materials used.

Mines not too bad for rattles; thy came and went! Must wear in over the miles (3,500 now).

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
my wiper sensor rattles, had to ram a peice of paper into it.

Fiesta ST-2
Just gone over 4,000 miles, various rattles are popping up.

Mine was exactly the same as yours until I ripped the entire middle section of the splitter off driving through a puddle :eek:

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Find that SB is a really rewarding colour to keep clean!

15094693807_834bf588e1_z.jpg
IMG_3281 by R32Rob, on Flickr

15280857632_cc0d85d63d_z.jpg
IMG_3279 by R32Rob, on Flickr

15094489619_76cb5390f5_z.jpg
IMG_3275 by R32Rob, on Flickr

15278122421_9aa08f621b_z.jpg
IMG_3283 by R32Rob, on Flickr

Interior shot. Quite a nice place to sit but not overly impressed with the build quality as I've said before.

15094544320_3d6be423a4_z.jpg
IMG_3282 by R32Rob, on Flickr

Peugeot 308
I'm extremely glad I leased the car and didn't buy one. Residuals are pretty shocking, dropping like a stone.

I'd be interested in a forcast of what mine would be worth in 2 years time with 30k on the clocks... :laughing:

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
I still really like these and would not have a problem owning a 2nd hand version in the future.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I'm extremely glad I leased the car and didn't buy one. Residuals are pretty shocking, dropping like a stone.

Theres a white one near me for £14k odd. Was fairly surprised as the miles were sub 10k iirc. They've sold an absolte s**t load though to be fair..!

Peugeot 308
It's a Ford Fiesta, did people really expect them to hold value?

I certainly didn't, although in 2 years..there's going to be some bargains to be had! I cant see a 2 year old ST with 30k on the clocks being worth fack all at this rate :smile:

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
It's a Ford Fiesta, did people really expect them to hold value?
I don't think it will be AS bad as people expect. Depending on the car.

I think ST3's and high spec ST2's will be alright. The lower spec ones may suffer.

I'm hopeful my ST will be worth between 10 - 13k in 2 years.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
How much can one of these be had for new? Only ask as a mate who lives in Scotland and is in the police gets a good discount. Pretty sure he said around the £15k depending on spec.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Really don't know what to do with mine, planned to sell it at year old. But now I've found out about this 5 year warranty that's available might keep it. It's cheap trouble free motoring over 5 years.

RB182cup&golf gti
Part-exd mine after 12 months and it went up at the dealer for 16k and was gone in a couple of days. Was as new though. Would have leased mine but intended to keep it a few years when I bought it. Oh well, only money haha

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Had its first clean in a few weeks last week. Partly because of the weather, partly because it isn't really mine and I don't care for cleaning it.
Took a picture that I thought made the car look pretty good. Looks have grown on me a lot and I do now think it's quite a decent looking car. If the do an RS version it should look immense.

16263598378_becfafc24e_z.jpg
IMG_3978 by R32Rob, on Flickr

And a crappy picture with its big brother. Fiesta better on a decent road, Focus miles ahead as a daily (fully loaded aswell)

16449614661_f58b5d3fd1_z.jpg
IMG_3368 by R32Rob, on Flickr

Needs to go back to Ford as a one of the lights on the ST door strips has gone, and 6 months of parking on mine drive has shagged the handbrake and it needs tightening. Just clicked to 3500 miles. Nurburgring in May.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
What i do like about them, as you can tell its an ST from a fair distance away, their stance is noticeably more aggresive than the lesser models.

I'm a big fan - they're really, really common. For good reason i suppose but common nonetheless!

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah there are loads in my area, all the same colour too. Not that I care, I didnt buy it to stand out. I enjoy more that it looks like a normal fiesta as I've had issues with jealousy on my cars before.

Splitter is a tw*t to fit. Anyone who says otherwise is lying.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
What's the best tips for fitting the splitter bar a ramp?

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Always left in reverse, cable has still been stretched though.

And Kev, apart from havin the hands of a 9 year old girl, there isn't much else you can do. Took two of us to fix mine properly and it took ages. The pre drilled holes on the splitter do not correspond to accessable fixing points in the bumper. Ended up drilling my own holes in the splitter.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Ah fun times. I won't be fitting it anyway but hate asking the guys to do shitty jobs.

Fiesta ST-2 Finsport
I've fitted a few now, half hour tops. The bolts are tight but it helps to have a helper to hold the splitter, drill or mark. Pull the arch liners away from the bumper and you can get in there.

-Jamie-

ClioSport Club Member
Looks great, becoming cheap now as well.

My younger brother has just put a deposit down on a Spirit Blue ST-2 with 11k on the clock for 12.5k, 12 plate Im sure.

Looking forward to getting it out on some roads i know, I do miss my MK7 ZS at times.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Climbed Snowdonia a few weeks back. Great day out and the roads were brilliant. It is a shame I don't get to drive it more often like on roads like them as the bumpy and crashy ride round town makes sense when you get it on decent roads.

16437963903_452edc87d2_z.jpg
DSCN1006 by R32Rob, on Flickr

16435709344_4da83e63ed_z.jpg
DSCN1000 by R32Rob, on Flickr

17057321961_74889c44ac_z.jpg
DSCN1004 by R32Rob, on Flickr

17032151456_ee174f7714_z.jpg
DSCN1003 by R32Rob, on Flickr

16870602390_802d51335e_z.jpg
DSCN0999 by R32Rob, on Flickr

16437993513_a6b68591bc_z.jpg
DSCN1011 by R32Rob, on Flickr