ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Car, Colour Coding Complete!

Quote: Originally posted by badinvincible on 06 June 2005

I like to eat biscuits on a rug in front of the fire.
^^ Whats that all about then?

Again many thanks for all the comments so far, theres so many I cant relate to each one individually, but im glad to see that even though some people may not like certain elements of the car, they can maturely and responsibly point out why and that is much appreciated.

Biscuits, chavfords and chavtastic are not very appropriate though eventhough Im sure they are meant for a joke therefore Ill leave it be ;)

Glad to hear that my efforts are appreciated, I have put quite alot of time and effort into it, thank you.

Keep them coming guys! Thanks

Black Clio 182

not looking to good to tbh mate, far to much chavy stuff on it.

loose the 2.0l badge and the 16v one, loose the k-tec sticker too and the chrome light gaud things and loose the nurenberg decal as i think that is just pure tack.

1. is it a 2.0 16v???

2. have you ever driven the nurburgring???

3. lexus lights???

4. cheese grater front grille???

5. is your car an f1 car??? it certainly doesnt require a rear wing of that proportion!!!!

6. RS badge!!! is it a RS car???

7. saxo vts 16v badges???

overall

SHITE!!!!!!

sorry if you like it, but this is a definition of why clios get a bad name

Octavia VRS

Quote: Originally posted by Bryan on 07 June 2005

1. is it a 2.0 16v???

3. lexus lights???

5. is your car an f1 car??? it certainly doesnt require a rear wing of that proportion!!!!

overall

SHITE!!!!!!

Id say thats harsh mate!

Not all of it is my cup of tea but some nice touches here and there, as long as you are happy, now you can enjoy it

Quote: Originally posted by Loony on 07 June 2005
not my thing tbh

thats a little soft for you si!!! :eek:

Quote: Originally posted by POW_Clio on 07 June 2005
Id say thats harsh mate!

he never asked us to be nice, he asked "you guys like?"

Id say thats harsh mate!

he never asked us to be nice, he asked "you guys like?"

I never said be nice, but you could have been a little more courteous and polite so to speak, say what you think but dont be nasty and personal about it mate, that is why people on here are given a bad name.

1. is it a 2.0 16v???

3. lexus lights???

overall

SHITE!!!!!!

To answer the points;

1. No

2. Yes but not in this car

3. Well spotted they are lexus lights

4. Tried grating cheese and it doesnt work

5. Not an f1 car, but the spoiler is a "rally" spoiler which is nothing to do with f1 anyway, the spoiler is for styling not "use" as I dont go the speeds for it to come in useful IE. over the speed limit.

6. RS as in Renaultsport, and yes.

7. They were not taken from a saxo and the packaging did not specify, saxos only.

sh*te? Well beauty is in the eye of the beholder but thank you for your frank, if slightly abusive comments.

Quote: Originally posted by Pauldredge on 07 June 2005

not looking to good to tbh mate, far to much chavy stuff on it.

loose the 2.0l badge and the 16v one, loose the k-tec sticker too and the chrome light gaud things and loose the nurenberg decal as i think that is just pure tack.

Might as well just lose the car then?! LOL

Quote: Originally posted by HazzyP on 07 June 2005

6. RS as in Renaultsport, and yes.

sorry fella but it may be a renault and it may be a clio "sport" model rather than a privilidge etc but a renaultsport is a different matter only renaultsports are the 172/cup/182/cup/v6 and megane 225 all built in a different factory.

My seats are renaultsports, so IMO its a renaultsport! I see what your saying, but I couldnt find a CS one mate.

Weeman sucks ****

each to their own mate but the worst of all is the nurburgring sticker, unless its been round of course??

^^ It doesnt really but its always nice to get honest opinions to learn from your percieved mistakes so to speak mate, thanks.

Quote: Originally posted by CHRIS172CUP on 07 June 2005

each to their own mate but the worst of all is the nurburgring sticker, unless its been round of course??
Can you please explain to me why the sticker is really really bad unless I have been round the ring? So if I have been round the ring its all good?

I have never met God, but I still believe in it, so if I had a sticker of I love God but have never met him then its a bad thing?

Ive been round it but this car hasnt mate.

[Edited by HazzyP on 07 June 2005 at 3:06pm]

Weeman sucks ****

i didn;t know that so it doesnt matter.

however if you had have said youve never driven it then imo its a big case of respect. you cant put a ring sticker on your car without having driven it but thats just my opinion.

now this is not intended to be as rude as my last post, but it probably will be

description of chav mods, as ive worked it out from other posts on here : a cheap tacky mod that looks out of place on the car

1. £20 badges, aimed for a 2.0 16v, not a 1.2 16v

2. £60 lexus lights, that went out with the 3-spoke alloys

3. reasonably expensive (£100?) front grille from k-tec, that does look out of place

4. £80 disproportionate spoiler, seen better on novas

5. £20 Focus RS badge, ford? no! focus? no! base spec clio model? yes! its well out of place, and no renault sport interior will ever make it any beter

6. £20 saxo badges, again, see above, just because it doesnt specifically say for that car, doesnt mean they should be fitted to any car

i think my point is made here, you have done the spraying yourself i take it? if so, youve spent approx #300 on the exterior mods for that car, all of which have made it look worse

al it needs is, lowered, colour coded and an alternative spoiler (cup?) nothing more is needed from a base spec clio, though the interior is one of your more tasteful mods

Bryan
honest as ever

ex Clio 172 owner :(

People try to make the most of what they have.

You have a lower spec, 5 door Clio.

Thing is mate, youve gone too far.

Imo, its too fiddly. Bits stuck here there and everywhere just for the sake of it, it seems.

I could live with a colour coded, alloyed, lowered, 5 door Clio. On yours theres just too much going on.

And Ive stated my thoughts on the 2.0 16v badges in previous threads.

Its like people having 16v on a VTR. Anyone who knows Clios will know its fake a mile off. Anyone who doesnt will assume a 2.0 Clios performance is rubbish.

I just feel that driving around in that would make me feel stupid the minute I pull up alongside a 172.

(Ive tried my best not to be offensive in this post)

and get a nice 3 door with bigger engine or sell some of the mods on ebay (there gunna sell easily to 17 year olds) and do some stubble mods, cup spoiler, 172 grill, color code door handles and put some of the interior back to standard.

But then again if you like it stick with it, also i see you in one of the pictures - take that hoddy off!

Clio 182

Looks pants! Possible the worst choice of mods you could have done. Your trying for it to be something its not, seriously G-HEY

Quote: Originally posted by D4ve F on 07 June 2005

and get a nice 3 door with bigger engine or sell some of the mods on ebay (there gunna sell easily to 17 year olds) and do some stubble mods, cup spoiler, 172 grill, color code door handles and put some of the interior back to standard.

But then again if you like it stick with it, also i see you in one of the pictures - take that hoddy off!
ASBO sire?

If i owned a 172 and pulled up along side it i would absolutely piss my pants, make an L symbol with my hand put it agaisnt my forehead and shout LOSER, clarkson style.

Your a clot and youve ruined your clio!

LOL, some harsh opinions. But Im afraid you have to expect reactions like this if you hang your nads out there and ask what people think. I say if youre happy with it then its all good :)

To finally sum up the final batch of comments, again some of which are to the point, some are harsh and just plain disrespectful but I can overlook that;

I havent got a base spec clio, I have the TOP SPEC clio (trim and toys not engine)

The car is lowered 60mm

the comments of ghey, asbo and the like are a bit personal I feel, to clarify I have never been arrested, do not drink or smoke, have a law degree and a legal career underway.

And as far as being a clot with a ruined clio, well some think so, some dont so I suppose what I have learnt from this experience is that if I like it then thats all that matters but its nice to see what people have to say and also HOW they say it. Separates the men from the boys, you know who you are.

Thanks for all your input! And incase anybody cares, my next car (come september) is going to be a Supra Twin Turbo which again I have been advised to buy.

Cant wait to show you the size of the spoiler I have lined up for that! Cheers guys it really is much appreciated!

Hello,

Like everyone else, I think you have gone a little over the top to be honest with your Clio, I made most of the mods that you did but have taken them off over the years. I think IMO that you should lose the spoiler for def and replace with original, lose the decals for sure, colour code the handles, def def take off the 2.0 badges even though they are stuck on; I would just rip them off if I had too and remove the headlights grills.

You obviously put a lot of work into it and to be honest its your car but taking it back more or less to standard will increase your chances of selling it in the future.

dont worry POW_Clio, im not one of them, if i ever meet HazzyP in life, ill say the same things to him as i have on here

others that have met me will confirm

tact isnt my forte

cheers kwingy again thats a good way of putting it, thank you. And yeah POW, gotta love those keyboard warriors lol, Bryan just a little bit of thought beforehand would im sure help you greatly on here and life in general, thnaks for the input however mate.

Scooby STi, FiestaST

mate,

if you like it then fine, but to be honest.. on this forum you are opening yourself up for a world full of pain if you post a thread asking for opinions on a car that is anything but a lowered clio cup rolling on 16" or 15" wheels and with a nice custom zorst, this is not a go at anyone on the site just an overall observation of these type of thread responses.

If you like it then good for you, no need for you to have to defend yourself.

Now into my own comments, i do like some of the interior, the colour coding etc but not sure about the sticker on the insert above the glove box. the seats are a good mod to make.

Outside im not a fan of the spoiler, but then again i wasnt a fan of the K-TEC koncept one either until i saw a few at FCS, not as bad in real life.

Good job on the colour coding outside, but i do agree that some of the stickers look over the top. The RS and the K-tes on on the boot inparticular.

But credit due to you for actually doing some work on your own car.

im off to hide now......

do the stickers over the speaker covers effect the sound, i thought they might deadend (spl) it abit.

dave

Mini Cooper S sport

Hi...a few people have been a bit mean, but essentially I have to go with the general consensus Im afraid.

1) Spoiler - a smaller one would look SO much better..it just would!

2) Silver front grille. They always look cheap and nasty IMO - maybe consider a 172 grille instead?

3) Headlight covers. The headlights are already nice, these arent needed and I think look a bit daft.

4) Stickers everywhere..again, they just make the car look cheap instead of sleek.

5) Interior - well, its not what Id do, but its up to you and the seats look good.

6) 2.0 16v badges..I really think you should try to remove them. Its just embarrassing to make people think you have a bigger engine than you do - it it actually a 1.2? I just hope some chav in a Saxo VTR doesnt try to race you.

Of course, its all just my opinion, and if youre happy with it thats the main thing..out of all of that the one thing I feel most strongly about is the 2 litre badges.