ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My CAR insurance has just gone up!?!?! WTF????

Megane Mk4
Admiral have just put my insurance up. and extra £62 per year so I'm told.
Got 5 years no claims plus I thought with me and the wife now being over 30 it'd drop... so it's now costing us extra per year!!?! :mad: :mad: :mad:

I thought the idea of older drivers and more experience would go in our favour?!? Their excuse?
"Because of interest rates and claims made"
I wanted it to be protected this time round too, and they're WANTING an extra £50 per year for that too!!!

Whats the f**king point? Careful driving gets you f**king no-where by this.
So I'm going online to find a cheaper quote online.

Anyone else's insurance gone up? and where would I be better looking?
I'm paying £606 per year for the clio just in case anyones asks

Admiral insurance??
I'd like to stick that over-budgeted, well paid parrot up their f**king ass! :mad:

1.6 Astra ... R.I.P. 182
your renewal will always go up but if u get quotes else where than go back to admiral with it then they should match it and if not then just move.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Last year was the first year it actually dropped for me *ever*, I was 29 at the time, 10+ years of NCB as well.

It's a myth about it dropping at X, Y and then Z ages....

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Where do you live, Baghdad? :)

@30 with 5 years protected ncb I wouldn't want to be paying over £300!! And I pay 340 I think now @25.

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b
admiral were by far the cheapest for me, over £800 cheaper than churchill this time around. Will see what they are like when my renewal is due in a few months

A Beautiful R32
My insurance company tried this with me mate. I just said no way, other insurers are offering me much less... so just like that they dropped the price by £115 and called it a loyalty bonus. You gotta be brutal and just say that's not good enough, I'll go elsewhere...

BG 182, R26
I had the same with mine. I found Direct Line and Privilege gave me the best quote. They are the same company so I change back and forth between them each year.

Inferno 182
I tried another quote online with my extra 1 year no cliams instead of taking out the renwal and it was £130 cheaper!!! With the same company!!!

Im 28, and been quoted £400-£450 full comp. My scoob would cost £600 so they doo seem to be charging a bit too much.

Try These online as they`re all the same underwriters and give decent quotes.

Egg
Tesco
Direct Line
Privilege

106 GTi
Mine always seems to go up these last few years - despite another years NCB and being a year older to. Bit of shopping around and it always is cheaper in the end.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Mine always goes up . Shop around like Rich said then go back to your original insurer and they will usually better it . Adrian Flux knocked off £165 from their renewal quote for me cos privelige bettered it and i had proof .

I've never accepted any renewal quote ever .

Clio 1.2 Expression
Ive found virgin to be the cheapest so far. They actually charged more than tescos but since virgin dont charge an APR for paying monthly it worked out £1 cheaper per month.
Not much but worth noting none the less.

Bye Bye 182....
Im paying 480 for the 182 with Privilage. Im 25 with 5years ncb. You should be able to get that easy enough but it depends on how many mods you got?!?!?

Andi-b: I can't remember what company I'm with, but I'm:

younger than you (27)
have less NCB (4yrs protected)
have 3 pts on my licence
have coilies declared
have business class 1 insurance for using my car for work (up to 2k miles/year)
have my wife (28) on the policy too
(not sure how high risk my postcode is - FK2)

and I'm paying just over £500. So I think you could definately get a lot cheaper than Admiral! Even if all policies have increased for "interest rates and claims made", someone's still having a laugh I think.

VW ....
over £606 :eek: ,does seem high

i'm 32 ,full NCB ,8 points on license ,car garaged at night on max 8k milage a year for £327 through Elephant .

Insurance always goes up ,think out of the 15 years i have been driving i have only stayed with same insurance co for 2 years on the trot once,when it's due i always phone around & have pleasure in telling them to stick it :) ,how they can put the insurance up when the vehicle is depreciating gets me :S

MR2 2.0 N/A & Mk1 1.2Clio
anyone who takes their renewal price needs a slap. when my renewal came in this year it was more than what they quoted me when i got a new quote off their website, they then tryed to charge me more for mods when their site quote gave me them for free,

Ben182

ClioSport Club Member
  X3
try living in E14. 27, 10 yrs no claims. secure carpark with cctv etc, 7k miles a year. £1000.

touch your toes!

RenaultSport Clio Trophy
Never ever stay with the same company unless they give you a cheaper quote when you go back to them!

al

ST on the way...
Got 5 years no claims plus I thought with me and the wife now being over 30 it'd drop... so it's now costing us extra per year!!?! :mad: :mad: :mad:

I thought the idea of older drivers and more experience would go in our favour?!? Their excuse?
I wanted it to be protected this time round too, and they're WANTING an extra £50 per year for that too!!!

Admiral insurance??
I'd like to stick that over-budgeted, well paid parrot up their f**king ass! :mad:

£606!?! Tesco quoted me £650 for a PH-Quick.......if only I hadn't gone with RAC I could change NOW!! :(

Dyson
Mines with Diamond the renewal was £1100, shopped around and got a quote for £700 on Diamonds own website!! WTF!!! rang up and they "matched"??? it.

Oh how insurance companys love trying it on!!!

Megane Mk4
Ben182 said:
try living in E14. 27, 10 yrs no claims. secure carpark with cctv etc, 7k miles a year. £1000.

touch your toes!
I do have a couple of years more under my frown! lol
31 year old ond the wife is too. It's a shame insurance companies rob the people that pay them their wages really, I'm a little happier now seeing your policy price ;)

al said:
£606!?! Tesco quoted me £650 for a PH-Quick.......if only I hadn't gone with RAC I could change NOW!! :(
RAC have quoted £479 inc. RAC assisted recovery/legal costs. with me/wife on the car
Don't need the coutesy car though as J works at an accident repair centre :D
Perks of her job, she gets a car ;) So we might be going To RAC instead :approve:

Ben182

ClioSport Club Member
  X3
I do have a couple of years more under my frown! lol
31 year old ond the wife is too. It's a shame insurance companies rob the people that pay them their wages really, I'm a little happier now seeing your policy price ;)

al said:
RAC have quoted £479 inc. RAC assisted recovery/legal costs. with me/wife on the car
Don't need the coutesy car though as J works at an accident repair centre :D
Perks of her job, she gets a car ;) So we might be going To RAC instead :approve:

yep, it's pretty depressing really, but not much I can do about it. I'm buying a leon TFSI FR which is group 14 (despite having the engine from the golf gti) , and that's more like £850, still a rip-off though

clio 172 cup
your renewal will always go up but if u get quotes else where than go back to admiral with it then they should match it and if not then just move.
My insurance remained exactly the same,even though i declared 17"wheels,induction kit,s/s exhaust,lowering springs and brake upgrades.Try adrian s flux (p.s my insurance is £400 with protected no claims,legal protection e.t.c on my 53 plate 172 cup)

Trophy
Never stay with your current company without shopping around.
For the last 5/6 years i have just been playing Bell/Elephant/Admiral against each other and they are all part of the same company.
Insured the 172 a couple of months back for £370 with full protected NCB.

Mat.

Leon Cupra R 225
That's gay. Insurance should go down every year standard procedure if no claim has been made etc...

Da

Less
I'm with elephant at minute, currently paying ~£500. Just done online quotes for renewal (next month) with admiral and elephant...
Admiral £403
Elephant £418
So, looks like I'll be 'switching' even tho they're the same company! ;)

1.6 16v
i payed £1100 for my first year at norich union, then to renew they wanted £1500 so i got a quote on the net and the best 1 was £600. £900 cheaper! theaving ba**ards!

Ford Mustang 5.0

Admiral insurance??

Hi looking at your details I would expect our price to come out around £460.

If you would like to receive a quotation please complete your details under our website www.greenlightinsurance.com and we will e-mail you back a price.

Best Regards
Neil
Greenlight Insurance