ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Clio 1.2-72 trackcar project

Evo 5, Clio ph1 172
Hi folks, Name is Mark and as the username suggests I'm more so a jap head, lol.:rasp: I bought this little beast last week as a non runner and have only had a few hours at it since. Anyhow the car supposedly stopped running driving down the road one day, owner towed it home and had a mechanic look at it and said no compression. Then the car sat for a year till i got it last week. I think it is a re-shell into a 1.2 chassis as there is some things not quite right imo. Does not owe me a lot so if I cant fix it it cheap then it will be broke.

It has a few nice additions already including, K-tec stealth catback, K-tec rear strut brace, Uprated engine mounts, K-tec mapped ECU, matched inlets, PTFE gasket, samco induction pipe, DS2500 pads, dimpled and grooved discs, track wheels with Dunlop slicks. Has 82kish on the clock and was serviced last at 72k by K-tec who added the bits at the same time. Previous owner had dropped the car over from Ireland and flew back to collect it when all done.

Can anybody tell me if an engine from an 04 reg Laguna 2 litre will be the same engine and could i just drop it in and go? There is an automatic one in a local scrap yard and if it was cheap i might get it if it will work.

Anyway if you have read this far, thanks, and here is a few bad pics of the 1.2-72 lol.:p

Clio012.jpg

Clio014-1.jpg

Clio016.jpg

Clio021.jpg

Clio018.jpg

The engine from the laguna is different spec,
Its a f4r probably(same as the 2.0 clio)

But its on 140/145 ish brake,

Theres a fella on donedeal breaking 172 clio's ;)

Evo 5, Clio ph1 172
The engine from the laguna is different spec,
Its a f4r probably(same as the 2.0 clio)

But its on 140/145 ish brake,

Theres a fella on donedeal breaking 172 clio's ;)

Thanks for the reply. So it is a diffeent engie in the Laguna then yes? Is the 172 engine not an f4r aswell though?

I will look for him then if i need any parts, didnt know anywhere in Ireland who broke these.:)

172 is a f4r also..
But more hp out of it(not sure what's the difference)

The senic's had the f4r fitted also..
but same hp as the laguna..

Basically you need a clio 2.0 engine,
Or rebuild yours :)

Evo 5, Clio ph1 172
Yeah that is if it needs to be built. I will have a bit of time at it tomorrow and might lift the head off it to see what the story is.

What does an second hand engine go for?:S

Evo 5, Clio ph1 172
Jeez didnt think an engine would cost that much for an engine. Thats as much as the car cost lol. I may go at and see where i stand.:S