ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Clio 172 Pearl Black Project

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Clio 172 winter project

Haha mate i started it up last night and just reved it and it pt a smile on face . Need to get the rs tuner map on there now so shes running even better then . Im hoping cams by the summer how much did it cost you if you don't mind me asking ?

Haha mines flat as a pancake the alarm kept going of it was driving me mad lol u not done the RS Tuner yet then? I paid £1350 for cams,map and belts, Tensioners not cheap mate haha

clio 172 phase 2
Clio 172 winter project

Not cheap at all mate ! Yea i got the rs tuner in my draw lol just need to get round too it mate .

clio 172 phase 2
Clio 172 winter project

Thats my goal buddy and providing im off work i should be coming . But you never know with cars somthing always crops up lol .

clio 172 phase 2
Clio 172 winter project

Update !

So today i went to get my tyres fitted :)
As soon as i came back home thought id give my wheels a good scrub in this lovely winter weather . My hands nearly fell off ! Here's a pic ;)
sy5y7aqu.jpg

Couldnt get the 4th wheel in the pic lol

Also finished painting my calipers black could do with another coat but who cares better than rust i guess !
9are7yju.jpg

Also adjusted my damping on my coilovers not sure of there equal wel see when im on the road .

Seems that ive finished everything on the back end of the car thought id put the wheels back on :) this has made my day waited so long just to see a wheel back on the car lol
yde7aheb.jpg

Gave the engine bay a quick wipe down will clean it propally when back on the ground .

Just waiting for my gearbox oil to turn up now bought 3L of this stuff
Genuine renault ftw !
gy8ypypy.jpg

Got to pinch a plug washer from work then that shall be that done .
Whilst doing this il do the engine oil same time .

Il be sorting out my rs tuner this week somtime also il be buying all the map available and the airbag module to turn my airbag light of due to the recaros .

Few pics of the interior so far not finished yet got some dash strips i need to order from Austin on here also got anew sony head unit to go in and alpine rear speakers to match the front .
e8u5u8eh.jpg

u7ujyzy7.jpg

Tonite il also be putting an order for some tpi polarised wheel bolts for that extra touch :)

Nearly there :)

Cheers dan

BlackGold 182
Re: Clio 172 winter project

love your car dan! after having my cup mapped with the rs tuner makes me want my BG mapped too, i have had 5 Rs clio's and it noticeably felt quicker

clio 172 phase 2
Clio 172 winter project

Cheers mate :) i did the rs tuner for my mate the other week on his 182 mate goes well now noticeably diffrent so much smoother i thought ! How's your bg coming along bud? You keeping this one ?

BlackGold 182

i never done it myself, bought it like it. so once you buy the tuner you then buy the map and then you can then sell on the tuner? and yeaa mate im keeping this one. want it just as epic as the iceberg, its just time and money :(

clio 172 phase 2
Clio 172 winter project

Ye mate you got it ! That iceberg was a minter ! Loved them rotas . Id like to do that lamix headlight thing too mate il see what it looks like on your bg first looked good on the iceberg you had . I maybe selling my rs tuner after i map mine mate you can have first refusal of you like?

BlackGold 182

Yeaaa I'm looking forward to seeing how it looks with the lamin x on the bg. Okay mate sure I will defiantly be interested how much you looking for? And also how much does the map cost?

clio 172 phase 2
Clio 172 winter project

Map costs like 40-50 euros depending if you 98 Ron or pop and bangs . Il sell mine for probally 110 its the newest version

BlackGold 182

Ahh okay so say £110 for the tuner from you say then €49 for licence and then €40-50 on the map and that's it? So then when I come to sell the tuner if I get the same money it's only roughly £80 altogether for the map

clio 172 phase 2
my clio 172 winter project ( nearly finished )

Cheers mate :) yea i cant wait to just take it for a spin and feel the changes :) spent a fortune over the last few months but its worth it . Also got a stupidly cheap insurance quote which suprising for me . So alls good at the mo .

clio 172 phase 2

Haha na mate just waiting for the suspension too settle first then adjust it where I want it then . Took it for a cheeky spin i swar to god its a diffrent car mate so tight and nimble now the seats are perfect too

clio 172 phase 2

Back on the axle stands she goes gearbox oil has turned up sooner than i thought :)
ymudenu9.jpg

clio 172 phase 2

Just done the gearbox oil nice easy job :) shame the smell is disgusting lol

BlackGold 182
Re: my clio 172 winter project ( nearly finished )

I wanted to do this but don't really no how to, how much was the oil also?

clio 172 phase 2

Oil was 23.00 plus £5 p+p got it off ebay mate . Its really easy to do pal good guide on here . Has made a diffrence too gears feel alot slicker now . The oil was really thin dno if its menna be like that lol.

BlackGold 182

Ohh really? That's cheap some reason I thought it was over £50 ill have to have a look into getting it done.

clio 172 phase 2

When i go into my laptop mate il link you if you want . When you doing the lamix mate ?

clio 172 phase 2

The smell is rank mate ive washed my hands so many times and it still reaks

clio 172 phase 2

The snow is annoying mate luckily with me we got hardly anything . Plus im in a garage dont make it much better mind its like a freezer lol

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me

Good stuff Dan.

Coming along nicely mate. Liking the refurb of the coilovers they've done and the bargain Michelin pe2 tyres aswel

clio 172 phase 2

Cheers mate ! Yea gaz done a good job on the coilovers to be fair ! The brakes are good now aswell mate no need to stomp anymore lol them mintex 1144 are pretty good from the little spin i had and they havnt bedded in yet .

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member

Nice bit of work you've got done over the last couple of months :) Looks good. I do like the look of the white 2118s on the black :)

I thought they stopped making pe2's?

clio 172 phase 2

They stopped making them mate but they are still about all stock i suppose . When henk pulls his finger out il be mapping it 2moro with my rs tuner . But hes being fussy about my screen shot when i done nothing differently to anyone else lol i do like the white but im bored now all my cars have had white wheels :/ by march theyl be anthracite .

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me

Good to hear about the brakes mate. :approve:

Ye I managed to get some PE2 last year. Very good tyres ime

clio 172 phase 2

Haha bit biased matey ;) yes pe2 are very good tyres was guna get contis but decided on michelins

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me

Ha ;)

Yep used both the pe2 and contisports 1+ 2 all very good tyres.

Anthracite wheels will look smart on it I reckon too

clio 172 phase 2

Update : rs tuner all sorted :) running overun for shots and giggles will be
Putting 98 Ron on in few weeks