ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Clio 172 Pearl Black Project

clio 172 phase 2
my clio 172 winter project ( nearly finished )

Got myself a new rs grill today for £15 off a local guy breaking a 172 :)

BlackGold 182
Re: my clio 172 winter project ( nearly finished )

Good deal! Lol I'm toying with the idea of spraying all my grills, fogs etc grey and then the wheels a nice anthracite, you spraying yours black?

clio 172 phase 2

thinking about it mate i did my last one bt the paint went pretty rubbish after a few months im thinking the c4 trim restorer .

clio 172 phase 2

only 2 days intill im finally back on the road :) sunday i have the day off work so ima spray my rs grill satin black as this one is very bluey grey , then goin to give it the full clean treatment if the weathers decent . got hold of an osf inner arch liner which im missing should be here soon so i need to fit that also ,

then just insure and tax alls good :) oh yea and a tracking badly as the steering is all over the place atm .

cheers

clio 172 phase 2

update!!!
today insured my car and taxed it :) it blooming epic now ! so tight and nimble goes so much better with the rstuner map:)

im absolutley chuffed! alot of money has gone into this car ofer the past3 months and now to feel the changes makes it all worth it :)
still a few things i need to do but nothing urgent .

will be lowering it again 2moro to get the stance a little better . need to adjust the dampers aswell as there a bit too firm at the mo and the mrs is complaining only one good advantage there tho bouncing boobs haha ,

the michelins are epic tyres ! amazing in this rubbish wet weather .

will be ordering some detailing goodies this week try and get the paint work a bit better .

im so happy at the momment :) thanks to everyone thats helped me and given me some nice postive feedback i may have finished for now but its far from the end ;)

BlackGold 182

Mate could you send me that link to the gearbox oil please?

clio 172 phase 2

Took a few rubbish pics earlier tonite :)
udubutuv.jpg

5yjuby7a.jpg

u5yraqer.jpg

yzezajeh.jpg

nu5e5yta.jpg

My first time using a rotary polisher today the cars come out brilliant . So much more efficent than hand application .

Enjoying the car so much atm

clio 172 phase 2

Spec of my car at the moment :

Engine:
Rs tuner map
Ktec style induction
Vibratech engine mount
Powerflex dog bone
Mad battery cover
Sprayed engine cover
Ktec supersport stealth system with decat

Suspension
Gaz gha coilovers
Pure motorsport solid top mounts
Powerflex front end bushes

Brakes
Brembo hc discs
Mintex 1144 pads
Rear mintex discs and pads

Interior
Evo 7 recaro seats
Oreca 300 mm steering wheel
Momo boss
Renault sport 200 gearknob

Wheels & tyres
Speedline 2118
Michelin pe2

Exterior styling
Cup spoiler
Skoda splitter
Front badge black
Heko wind deflectors
New style rs badge
Clear indicators
Bee sting ariel

Thats it for the time being whiteline arb and carbon splitter next month

BlackGold 182

Good spec on it now dan! Wish I could do things to mine :(

clio 172 phase 2

Jared i cant attend 2moro as i have to work im gutted :(

Cheers for the positive comments guys

clio 172 phase 2

Good spec on it now dan! Wish I could do things to mine :(

Yea mate its getting there still loads to add tho .

Im sure youl be doing stuff mate soon as the box is done ? You getting a good second hand one or agency trans doing a recon?

BlackGold 182

Yeaaa but moved out and with a little un it's so expensive with no spare money lol yeaa a low mileage used one I've got waiting to go on, if I'd had the money i would of got it recon by agency but unfortuneltly I can't :(

clio 172 phase 2

Yeaaa but moved out and with a little un it's so expensive with no spare money lol yeaa a low mileage used one I've got waiting to go on, if I'd had the money i would of got it recon by agency but unfortuneltly I can't :(

Does suck mate none this would off happened on my car if i kept it on the road when the insurance ran out . Im looking to buy a house soon dreading the money situation then ! I may tackle my gbox when it goes on my own doesnt seem so hard just not alot of room .

BlackGold 182

Yeaaa I was tempted to do it myself but ant(Scrooge) is doing it for a price that I couldn't refuse

clio 172 phase 2

Haha 60 miles for a maccy ds mate is a bit excessive lol il try get half day i think

clio 172 phase 2

will be lowering the car 2moro if its quiet in work, gunamdrop the front a tad and a bit of rake i think :) ordering spacers next week for the front as the 2118s do stick in a little so i wanna widen the track slightly only 15mm

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member

Get some pics up of the spacers if you get a chance please. I'm interested in the same size all round (although not for a while) so it'll be good to see how much the push the 2118s out.

What offset are yours?

clio 172 phase 2

Haha so today i had a bit of a fright ! Heard a knocking noise when braking . Got it on the ramp in work too have a look basically the both ball joint bolts had worked there way loose ! Finger tight luckily i checked or i think id be dead ! Dont understand how they worked there way loose they wer torqued up and they wer nyloc nuts !

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member

Whoa! Lucky call there mate, that coulda been nasty!

I checked my wheels and thought they were the same offset but mine are et43 :(

clio 172 phase 2

Was very lucky mate ! So yours a wider right? How come they are diffrent offsets then? I thought the 2118s where just one offset for all ?

clio 172 phase 2

Ah right i have no clue when it comes to offsets and stuff . Thats all i know mine run when im a tad lower than what i am now . Goin to arch roll the lip and drop it a bit more then

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member

Jon got it right. The larger the et number the smaller the offset and vice versa.

Oh and you forgot to add TPI bolts to that list ;)

clio 172 phase 2

Haha i know mate i did enquire about them the other day see what funds are like this week now

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member

Haha, I'm only joking mate :)

I washed my wheels yesterday after about a month :eek: The only downfall with them is that when yet get wet they seem to go rusty on the inside of the looking wheel nut groove :( Just a little heads up if your buying from new.

clio 172 phase 2

If i do buy them bud il probally not bother with locking nuts ! Where i live most of the people are not that intelligent they wouldnt know how to jack up a car lol and plus when I lower my car they got no hope of getting a jack under to take the wheels off haha . Getting quotes this week for wheel refurb i hope !