ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Clio 172 Pearl Black Project

clio 172 phase 2
Basically my insurance is up so instead of insuring the car straight away thought id replace all the tired components on my car cus i know if its running on the road i wont get these things done !

So today i purchased a new blue point trolley jack and a decent rathchet set and got to work .

First was to remove the coilovers as they are well in need a of a refurb all 4 where leaking and damper was slightly bent no wonder they wer knocking :/ so there boxed up ready to be sent of to gaz .
u8ybebyj.jpg

Then i got to work on the brakes . My brakes are shocking they didnt work what so ever had to stomp on the pedal ! So new pads and discs all round removed the rears first fairly simple the discs where long gone as wer the pads .
unata7ap.jpg

Cracked on with the fronts they wer just as bad as the rears .

I need to replace my track rod ends and ball joints so doing that 2moro .
Ive cleaned the inner arches removed all the mud and grime guna underseal it and to freshen it up and replace all the broken inner arch liners .

As for the brake setup ive gone for
Brembo hc discs
Mintex 1144 pads
Braided lines
Decent brake fluid
Rears are mintex

As for the suspension ima replace the bushes for powerflex items . Also fit a whiteline arb.

Once the chassis sorted il crack on with the engine then

Needs a full service including gbox oil .
Id like a set of matched inlets and a decent induction set up
And then a map

Thats it for now guna update it daily with pics thanks for looking

Clio
Re: Clio 172 winter project

Make sure you secure it well with it being uninsured !

Mine was in my garage for 2 years until a few months ago and it really does give you time and spare money to work with

clio 172 phase 2
Yea mate its nice to working on with no deadline to get it back on the road ! Like with the suspension i removed i dont know how im alive haha

Its in a locked garage and the car is locked in there my area is quiet too

clio 172 phase 2
Clio 172 winter project

Got some more work done today .
Replaced both track rod ends
Undersealed inner arches
Hammerite the hubs to smarten them up .
Bought my brake pads last night mintex 1144 so theyl be here next week
Got my grills to respray sometime this week.

Really am enjoying working on the car :) hopfully it will be alot better than before

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep

Wish i had the chance to do this to mine!!

Fid you spray your hubs red first? Haha

Renault Clio 172

Looks good, starting to paint things is a slippery slope to having the underside of your car looking better than the top side IIRC ;)

clio 172 phase 2
Clio 172 winter project

Haha na mate the red bit you see is the caliper lol

Haha just tidying things up mate not really making much of an effort on the underside its only guna get dirty ! But the amount of mud and crap that came out of the back of the inner arch was unreal a proper big pile ! Cant wait to start putting the new parts on

Renault Clio 172

I think I saw these on eBay, fancied a bid myself! Should look really good when they are cleaned up mate :approve:

clio 172 phase 2
Clio 172 winter project

Yea guna give em a good scrub only payed 325 posted not too bad considering i sold my standard interior for 200 so im only paying 125

clio 172 phase 2
Clio 172 winter project

Small update :
Got a bit of work done this morning . Painted my caliper carriers front and rear . Also finished undersealing the inner arches . Also started prepping my grills so i can respray them .

My brake pads turned up also mintex 1144 pads.

Few rubbish pics .
teba4uje.jpg

hu5enusa.jpg

ra4ama2e.jpg

uhazury3.jpg

My recaro seats should be here by end of the week there out of an evo. Cant wait to get them fitted .

clio 172 phase 2
Clio 172 winter project

Done a bit more work on the car today .

I took my inlet plenum off as i wanna clean up my rocker cover as thats a bot grimey so guna prep it and spray it silver to freshen it up .

tesuru8y.jpg

Also ordered some load spread plates for my puremotorsport top mounts . So hopfully they will be here this week.

I need to order some resistors also for my airbag light to turned off so a trip to maplins one day this week .

Progress is coming along slowly but getting there :) hopfully some new bits around xmas time too be fitted should be on the road by jan/feb then .

Renault Clio 172

Coming on nicely buddy :clap: keep it up!

no pictures of Recaro's fitted is a bit of a fail though ;)

clio 172 phase 2
Clio 172 winter project

Cheers mate :)

Got a bit more done in the past few days , sprayed my rocker cover with vht spray paint looks alot fresher . Made one huge mistake tho droped a bolt down my lower inlet manifold :/ luckly i got it out with a magnet ! Was so lucky !

Also when i fitted my pure motorsport before they did not suply load spacers and because the previous dude butchered the turrets with his shitty combrake top mounts these cover up the damage pretty well !

Will upload pics 2moro .

clio 172 phase 2
Clio 172 winter project

Few pics as promised .

Cleaned my seats with a vax tonite came up much better :)

Pic of my engine bay also
You can see my half finished k tec style induction kit just need the pipe work .

And a pic of my load spread spacers
pumu6ygy.jpg

e7y4yte3.jpg

unybymuz.jpg

Seats were a great buy :)

I would love to take my car back off the road again, like I did when I first had it. As you said it's nice to work on it without worrying about when it's done.

Good luck with it mate :)

clio 172 phase 2
Clio 172 winter project

Yes hoping to attend a few in the new year mate aswell shows ! Should be
Mint by then i hope

clio 172 phase 2
Clio 172 winter project

powerflex anti roll bar kit ordered :) also got some wishbones already complete with powerflex bushes

Clio 172 ph2

Nice one... I've got a spare week... you've just given me some ideas!!! Lol...