ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Clio 172

182 trophy
thats looking well mate. colour of the 182 wheels goes well against the silver. where abouts in northumberland you from?

182 trophy
yeah it wasnt so good at halloween like... better on the light nights. dont often see many clios there though. seems to be mostly saxos lol

I used to have a saxo :eek:

100_0164.jpg

Haha, I hated mine. Sold my first sport and got that because i lost my job. Ended up keeping it for about 3 years. Got that sick of it, i ended up buying anothrt sport. Best choice i've made for a long while.

182 trophy
lol mine was a whole life times worth of mechanical problems with in the space of 1 year... clio is on a whole different level.

182 trophy
lol i had new gearbox bearings, 1 front wheel bearing, whole back axle, 3 new driveshafts, new back break calipers... lol the list goes on mate. I'll drop you a pm next time im along at that cruise if you want to come along for a bit. im usually the with a 206 gti 180 and a really fast old shape focus rs. makes a decent line up.

182 trophy
haha same problem as me by the sounds of things. lol im usually ok though cos she works most weekends. I,ll prob catch you at a meet befor hand any ways. have a good christmas mate.

Bit of an update.. Had an issue for about a week now. Sounded like what i thought was a wheel bearing when at motoroway speeds.

Turned out my drivers rear caliper had been grabbing on, resulting in the disk getting very very hot.

Anyway.. the disk ended up like this.
IMG_4875.jpg

All is fixed now, replaced both rear disks, free'd off all the sticky bits on the caliper, and put in new pads. Drives like new again.

Scott S

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Flamer & ER-6F
I replaced my rear discs recently as one bearing had gone. I still have the other one in the garage. If you need one to get yo by until you get some new ones, then let me know by PM.

Advice/Idea's needed..

Right, i'm getting an exhaust made next week, from a friend who's recently just started up. Now, the dilemma i have is...... Do i get a 182 style exhaust made, with slash cut tips, or just get a recessed 172 style one? I'm not sure what to do.

The wheels won't be on for very much longer. Getting some new ones.

Anyway, I've made my choice and went for a recessed one. Gets fitted on tuesday hopefully. I'll post up some pictures of the process when it's all done and fitted.

Also, another update, i've ordered a carbon front splitter, and bought some carbon dash inserts.

Clio Sport 172 CUP
what alloys you going for mate, good idea btw.... a 172 is a 172 and a 182 is a 182!
i like good standard looking clios with subtle mods myself.
Are you selling the 182 alloys by any chance, i have a mate who is after a set???

Turini's. Nah I'll be keeping them to put on the Mrs' car. She's been at me for months to sort her some new wheels haha.

Yeah, that's what swung me on the exhaust front. As much as i like the 2 pipes out the back, i'd rather just have the 1.