ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MY CLIO 197 ONLY WORTH £10,200?!?!?!?

Jesus!!! I bought my 197 in August for £14,000. Ive just had it valued at £10,200!! I cant f**king believe it. I was looking to swap it for something larger, as since I bought it I have set up my own business and need something more practical! Looks like i'll be keeping it then!

Anyone else suffered this way recently??

Maz

LY 200
I bought my 6 month old 182 for that price 2 years ago, think they were around £14/15k brand new too wern't they ?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
'Had it valued' ??

By who? Some two bit salesman monkey in a dealership no doubt. if its got spec then you'll sell it for 13k in the autotrader.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Is this another stupid person who's gone to a dealer and expected them to buy it from them at market value? Thus meaning the dealer will make no money on selling it whatsoever?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Is this another stupid person who's gone to a dealer and expected them to buy it from them at market value? Thus meaning the dealer will make no money on selling it whatsoever?

I like you. :cheers:

No!! I bought it at £14000 and was expecting to get around £12500 for it!! It has climate control, cornering lamps, tinted rear windows and 6 disc cabasse stereo!! Is that really unrealistic expecting 12500 for it?? I dont thinks so!! Both Renault Manchester and Renault Oldahm have offered £10200!!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I'd say thats a fair price for a dealer to offer as they'd probably sell it for £13kish. You cleary are one of those people if you took it to 2 dealers, (no offence) best bet is to look what prices they are private.

172, Tiguan

No!! I bought it at £14000 and was expecting to get around £12500 for it!! It has climate control, cornering lamps, tinted rear windows and 6 disc cabasse stereo!! Is that really unrealistic expecting 12500 for it?? I dont thinks so!! Both Renault Manchester and Renault Oldahm have offered £10200!!

I've said this before on this forum however;

A dealer has to make a profit. They will put £1500 accross your car minimum to cover paperwork, salaries, rent, overheads etc etc.

Yes your car is worth more than £10200, £11,700 approx tbh - but you aren't ever going to get a garage to offer you full list value.

You also need to consider that new 197's can be had for £14k ish, not list price. Another reason for the low value.

You may find you are offered more for your car if you trade it in against something with a greater value, as the dealership is making the money on that car as well and they can afford to loose a bit on your part exchange.

If you want top dollar for your car sell privatly.

Ad

MK2 FRS
problem you have is that new 197 R27s are 14k brand new.

Retail I reckon its worth 12-12.5k max on a forecourt. Also renault oldham and manchester are the same group so no surprises the price is the same.

Mk2 172
Jesus!!! I bought my 197 in August for £14,000. Ive just had it valued at £10,200!! I cant f**king believe it. I was looking to swap it for something larger, as since I bought it I have set up my own business and need something more practical! Looks like i'll be keeping it then!

Anyone else suffered this way recently??

Sounds about right yeah. thats what id expect on a new car. i mean look at the prices of the r26's. you can buy them for not much more than 12k

titanium 182,
whack it in the trader and see what happens your always gonna get less for it at a dealer they have overheads and profit to worry about
its the same for any cars m8 if i had traded in my mk2 gte they would of given me £250 for it i sold it for nearly £2,000 to a friend and he has now sold it for not much less after a year of ownership sell it private

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
tjhmortimer;3307587 No!! I bought it at £14000 and was expecting to get around £12500 for it!! It has climate control said:
So if they give you 12500 for it, by the time they put their mark up on it, (has to be 1500 minimum!) then their going to be trying to sell a second hand car for 14k that was bought 3 months earlier.......for 14k!!

£10,200 is a fair price tbh mate.

You can brand spaners for £13k so asking £500 less for a user car? Ok so you have a few other bits but that means not much.

Sounds quite reasonable buy somehting with a big profit margin and they'll give you more. Its all down to what else your buying etc.

I was in the stealership today for a new tyre and they had an R27 in the showroom. It looked awesome in black with the decals, anthracite wheels and the Recaros so I decided to see how much it would be to trade my Albi Blue 197 in for it. Bought in May, 3500 miles, was offered £10,500 for it.
The guy didn't know what he was talking about though, I had to point out I couldn't have the Recaro's because of the amplifier for my Cabasse system being under the driver's seat. He didn't seem to be aware of the R27 having the cup chassis either.
So in the end, I'd rather spend the £4,000 difference on some H&R coilovers, KTR exhaust, remap and some 18" Turinis!

The guy didn't know what he was talking about though, I had to point out I couldn't have the Recaro's because of the amplifier for my Cabasse system being under the driver's seat. He didn't seem to be aware of the R27 having the cup chassis either.

It does't have the Cup suspenion though the cup is the later car the R27 has the R27 suspension setup

It does't have the Cup suspenion though the cup is the later car the R27 has the R27 suspension setup

I was under the impression that the Cup would be getting the R27 suspension and it would become an option for the standard 197 as a cup pack, much like the 182. Would that not classify it as the cup suspension??

Resale value on cars is shocking across the board, and Renaults more than most coz of the amount they sell and the deals to be had!

Sell on the Autotrader for maximum money, or trade it in and barter like fook on the new car!

leon

Renault Clio Renaultsport (06 on)

2.0 16V (197bhp) 3d 2006/56

Average mileage 10,000 miles

Original Price £15,947
Franchised Dealer £12,670
Independent Dealer £11,680
Private Good £10,690
Private Poor £8,615
Part Exchange £9,800

I was under the impression that the Cup would be getting the R27 suspension and it would become an option for the standard 197 as a cup pack, much like the 182. Would that not classify it as the cup suspension??

Yep but officaly the R27 isn't the cup setup. When the car came out it was the R27 setup not the cup setup. I belive the new cup and cup setups are supposed to be the same Im not convinced they will be.

could be worse
i read in the paper the other day that certain models of the ford focus will be expected to loose 50% of its value within its first year.
thats bad

MK1 V6 Lutecia / 197
Original Price £15,947
Franchised Dealer £12,670
Independent Dealer £11,680
Private Good £10,690
Private Poor £8,615
Part Exchange £9,800

This certainly ain't correct - are you saying that a dealer wil give you more money than a private sale will?

No....

Dirty E91
No, if you were to buy it from a dealer then you pay about 12,670K, if you're buying privately then you should look to pay £10,690K.

missmy257bhp r5/ got evo6

its french so money will drop fast mate

Last edited:
Perhaps it's just me but...

You bought a new car (a Renault at that) that isn't a limited edition (and even if it was, knowing Renault they'd lose sight of what "limited" means), when there are plenty about, for £14k, nearly full price, you've been offered £10k for it from a Dealer, who is in a market to make money...

I don't mean to state the f* obvious here, but what exactly were you expecting?

As I say, perhaps it's just me.