ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Clio 197

Since the time came to part with my Ph2 172 after 5 years and 100k miles, I bought this little "toy" a couple of weeks ago...

120609-Front.gif

120609-Front2.gif

120609-NearSide.gif

120609-OffSide.gif

120609-Rear.gif

120609-NearSideRear.gif

120609-OffSideRear.gif

120609-Interior.gif

120609-Interior2.gif

120609-Interior3.gif

120609-Interior4.gif

It's a Clio 197 Lux. The standard specification is listed here...

http://www.renaultsport.co.uk/roadcars/clio197/specification/Default.aspx

The car came with the following manufacturers' options...

- Cup Chassis with 17" anthracite alloy wheels and red painted brake callipers
- Double Distance Xenon Headlamps & Headlamp Wash (includes fixed cornering lights)
- Fixed cornering lights
- Metallic Paint
- Renaultsport Recaro Seats
- Body coloured electrically adjustable and heated folding door mirrors
- Extra tinted rear windows and tailgate
- Air conditioning
- 4X15W Radio CD with integrated MP3 player, Fingertip Remote Controls with 6 speakers

The car also came with 4no. brand new Hankook Ventus V12 Evo tyres :)

At present, the car is fine as it is so no changes are planned in the immediate future.

Will be interesting to see how it handles on track :)

Damo

awesome spec! got any more pics of the mp3 connection?

It's just a small box with three connections within the glove compartment.

And a couple of WOW modifications... silvatec indicator bulbs to the front and rear and extreme white sidelight bulbs :)

120609-FrontLight.gif

120609-RearLight.gif

Fiesta ST-3
Very nice car mate. Exactly the same spec as my 197. I really do love red and the anthracite wheels set it off nicely.

aah, the tunepoint?

Yeh that's the one :) It's good but for some reason, the eejits at Renault have put some kind of block on it so when you connect it to the iPhone, it doesn't flick through the tracks properly (when using the stalk controls). The track isn't displayed on the phone either. Oh well. Sh*t happens.

Very nice car mate. Exactly the same spec as my 197. I really do love red and the anthracite wheels set it off nicely.

Thanks mate. Ahhh same spec. Good stuff :) Just need to look at getting some of the drivers side seat trimmed as it's wearing off on the side. A common issue on them I think.

Megane r26
The upper front grille had seen better days so it needed to be replaced :)

Before...

120613-Grille.gif

120613-Grille2.gif

120613-Grille3.gif

After...

120613-Grille4.gif

120613-Grille5.gif

120613-Grille6.gif

Looks alot better, those first few pics look like the originals have took there toll of nasty harsh chemicals (like used down your local polish car wash) I keep mine nice an fresh using autoglym bumper gel ;)

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Looks alot better, those first few pics look like the originals have took there toll of nasty harsh chemicals (like used down your local polish car wash) I keep mine nice an fresh using autoglym bumper gel ;)

care to elaborate on that? mine, although they arent as bad as the above, are similar to the above. any permanant cure?

RS197
picking my 197 up on thursday, your car is ace man! best colour too! lol. What tailpipes are they?! if so can you link?

DCi 80 DieselSport
Damo!

Very nice mate, can't believe you had the silver one 5 years!

197 looks lovely, how many miles are on it?

*outward rolled right?

Indeed :)

What tailpipes are they?! if so can you link?

Et voila!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200767388742?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

197 looks lovely, how many miles are on it?

Hellooo stranger :) Thanks mate. Yeh... a long but good old five years :) This is an '08 plate, but with 80k miles. However, every 12k miles, it has been to Renault and has NEVER been anywhere else. And with the optional extras, it was a steal :)

A very cheap, but effective modification :) I would NEVER normally put something like that on my car, but these were a must. Just simply slipped on and with a little force they're not coming off :)

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Cup spec ftw lol (id have kept it personally) also not a fan of the trims but each to their own etc

Thats a joke yeah?! number plate kinda gives it away ;)

Well done for paying attention!
I don't want to flood his thread with pictures if its not him driving as its just changed owners, but thanks for you input it was was really useful.

If you don't mind me asking how much did the car se you back as I'm looking to buy one

Between £6k and £7k.

That looks weird. Especially with the black line at the bottom lol. Why not just c4 the vinyl?

I'll see how I get on. I can have some vinyl/film applied to it but it looks cleaner imo :)

Was this you on the track at Castle Combe Action Day?

As now established, that was Byron, the previous owner.

what tips are they? want some :D
Any close up pics?

These are them...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200783323823

No more close up pics (yet) I'm afraid.