ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My clio v ariel atom Donington 25/5/12

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
The Atom driver looks like one of those guys with a really fast car that can only drive it fast in a straight line.

Clio 182 Cup
Looked like you had the edge over the Atom driver, he just could not go round corners or find the racing line.

You are so much smoother & faster through the bends, but he pulls away on the straight, well done to get past him in the end! I don't usually like these track videos, but I watched all of that!

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
How an Aton vs. Cliosport should go:

Last edited by a moderator:
  RB 182 Track Project
LOL don't get me wrong guys I know what these things are capable of, I just thought it was a good video to post.

My clio is fully stripped, full system exhaust, cold air feed, 98 ron map, coilovers etc...

Some cracking cars there today.

Clio 172
Was that yours Andy? Whats with the stickers????

Its covering a load of scratches and as a track car it might as well look different. I'm not a fan of all the JDM and drift crap but thats all I could get so I thought why not. Had a lot of positive comments yesterday and alot of people come and say hello because of it.

Clio 172
Get ya. Well i retract all negative comments :)

Dan I'm a big boy I can take negative feedback. I looked at buying single stickers but for the amount of space I'd need to cover the cost was silly, so I went on ebay and bought a sheet. As said the drift stuff isn't my taste at all nor the shocker's but there is only a limited selection of stuff and I didn't think peugeot or VW stuff really fitted. TBH I like it, it is a 2m job lol but it serves a purpose and gets a few interesting glances from joe public when driving about.

RB 182 Track Project
Shane I'm guessing yours was the Silver 172? Didn't you get black flagged after out braking yourself in to the chicane?

Yes mate thats me although I never out braked myself I was suffering all day with brake fade and didn't get black flagged for that, I got black flagged because my power steering pipe bust throwing oil all over the engine bay causing it to smoke.

Next mod are new brakes!!!

Clio 172
Yes mate thats me although I never out braked myself I was suffering all day with brake fade and didn't get black flagged for that, I got black flagged because my power steering pipe bust throwing oil all over the engine bay causing it to smoke.

Next mod are new brakes!!!

Got ya, I saw you lock up there as I was just behind you. You got polycarbs in it as well? I came to find you at the end of the day to see the car but you'd already gone. Any more video from yesterday?

kwak ZX9R+golf gttdi
hi shane,hows it going buddy?
didnt know youd got a clio now mate,has the m3 gone now?
youd bought another blue e46 m3 last time i saw it on my mum and dads road at inky pal.
small world isnt it bud lol.

Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
Sigh. Another track day toy with zero talent behind the wheel.

Looks like you were having fun! Makes me want to get booked up at abingdon again. It's only 5 miles from my dads house and the shortish straights mean the clio doesn't get mullered by the big stuff.

kwak ZX9R+golf gttdi
lol all the gear and no idea as usual.
you should see the numptys on bike track days,dress like carl fogarty,
new ducati and matching leathers,downright dangerous ffs.
no idea what a racing line or apex is and no idea of whats going on around them,
just rich and think cash buys talent.

BMW M4; S1000 RR
In all fairness, track days are for anyone to enjoy. You don't have to have a racing licence ffs.

Looks like you had fun shane! Work on learning heel&toe next and everything will feel a lot more natural.

Last edited:
  Clio 1.2 16v
I work in the hotel that the Atom driver stayed in and he spent a small fortune staying in a Suite the night before. He looked like a racing driver on check out lol

Pug 206 SW, 172 CUP
Not when they ruin other people days by overtaking you on a straight and then ruining every corner and not getting blue flagged so you can get past again because they are so much quicker on the straights. I am extremely accomadating at track days everyone has to start somewhere but don't ignore the car behind almost running up your ass into every braking zone and sat there in your rear view mirror with it's ass wagglin around as their foot is off and on the throttle following your slow ass through the corner! Easing off on the straights and following the more confident driver through the corners is surely a better way to learn than blastin past and not being able to keep that speed up. You can easily boot it past when you can keep the speed up.

A bit of consideration goes a long way. The under confident xbow driver at a wet abingdon i did recently didn't annoy anyone all day!! Unlike the BMW drivers who took anything upto 2 full laps and a lot of frantic blue flag waving to get the ruddy message!!!!

Allan-

ClioSport Club Member
Well everyone has to start somewhere :D And if you have the money why not in an atom :D
Only done 2 track days myself and im slow as hell lol, the idea is to have fun and not race other people (or so they say) :D long as you get out the way when your clearly out paced.

Clio 172
There were alot of people there that clearly couldn't drive at 50% of their cars full potential but at the end of the day if you have a £100,000 car why not run it on track. There were more BMW drivers that wouldn't move than the atom and GTR drivers.