ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My CMC Tuning Saxo Furio

I thought i'd whack on a picture of my Citroen Saxo Furio. I know Saxo's aren't everyone's cup of tea, but not everyone can afford a Clio 1*2, although a PH1 172 is on my future car list. The car has been prepared for (and used on) track.

Spec list of the car can be viewed here at CMC Tuning where it has been prepared, and my full project thread is here (post #107).

The car as it stands today:

Engine/Performance/Handling:
K&N 57i air filter system
Front mounted cold air feed
Supersprint desilenced centrepipe
Mintex drilled & grooved 247mm brake discs
Mintex fast road pads
Painted red calipers
OMP upper front strut brace
Rear seating removed
Spare wheel removed
Inner bonnet shield removed

Exterior/Looks:
Graphite grey VTR wheels
Graphite grey widemouth RS style lower grille
Graphite grey upper grille and Citroen badges
Blue radiator/air filter hosing
Rear side window 85% tints
¾ size front number plate
6000k HID Xenon Conversion
Painted purple inner wheel hubs
Painted purple wheel nuts
Front and rear white tow arrows

Interior:
Corbeau Forza 2000 red bucket seats
Rear seating removed
Black carpeted rear interior
Fixed cargo net
Carbon fire extinguisher
Kenwood audio unit
Sony speakers

Plans: Coilovers/uprated springs+dampers, OMP Targa steering wheel, more weight reduction and carbon fibre parts, wheel refurb, NGK spark plugs.

Let me know what you think.

Ah, neither did I, that picture is a month or two old and since then i've only left the K&N ones on either sideskirt.
Thanks for your comment tho

306 GTI-6
Nice mate. Just read throgh your whole project thread.
Unlucky with your attempt to find why the car felt weird initially! But top marks for sticking with it and doing a pretty good project.

Also, any vids of the exhaust sound out of curiosity?

Black Clio GT
you could haved saved all the cash you spent on the saxo and bought a 172....
done a nice job of the saxo all the same.......

Nice mate. Just read throgh your whole project thread.
Unlucky with your attempt to find why the car felt weird initially! But top marks for sticking with it and doing a pretty good project.

Also, any vids of the exhaust sound out of curiosity?

Thanks, yeah I think it was the wider tyres which were hugely under inflated just made the car feel so odd at first. Then it went in the hedge.

I'll get a vid up of the exhaust. It's good, pretty raspy as I think all Supersprint exhausts are.

JB

RB 182 Cup
Looks well. Get some updated pics up though Tom.

Then sell your bike, keep this for the daily and get a Ph1 172 for the weekend :p

Looks well. Get some updated pics up though Tom.

Then sell your bike, keep this for the daily and get a Ph1 172 for the weekend :p

I'm thinking of selling the bike but I wouldn't have the 172 as a weekend toy. It's not that sort of car, too practical!