ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Cup.

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
Finally got my hands on a set of Turini's without having to pay through the nose. Found them on ebay and were just down the road from me, badly in need of a refurb though.

2f370649.jpg

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
She ticked on to 52k over the weekend and I had my Turini's fitted with some Yoko S-drives. Very impressed with the tyres and excellent value for money at £196 delivered for 4 (brand new).

9-10.jpg

Next on my list is to get an exhaust, I'm probably going to go for standard as I have a near new centre section in the garage.

Italian 3.2 V6
Amazing! Can wait to recieve my turinis for my LY now!

You've really captured that colour well there mate!

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
Just passed 55k and finally got around to fitting a new standard exhaust, it seems to drive so much better with it on.

DSC01772.jpg

The sh*t that came off.

DSC01774.jpg

DSC01775.jpg

Much better.

DSC01784.jpg

My arches were lined with about 10mm of filth so after fitting the exhaust I took all the wheels off, clean them and the arches.

DSC01777.jpg

DSC01776.jpg

Next on the list is suspension and front brakes. At the minute I'm thinking Koni dampers and Eibach Sportlines.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Prefered the black F1's rather than the Turini's. Still like it though.

Is CAS, Cas coatings in Bradford? £64 seems a right deal.

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
Prefered the black F1's rather than the Turini's. Still like it though.

Is CAS, Cas coatings in Bradford? £64 seems a right deal.

That's them, can't be beaten on value.

The F1's did look good but a cup should really have silver Turini's (IMO).

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Nice one. Is that where you had your red F1's done n'all?

Insurance is due for renewal on mine so I might actually be able to start making a few mods. Desperately want some F1's.

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
Nice one. Is that where you had your red F1's done n'all?

Insurance is due for renewal on mine so I might actually be able to start making a few mods. Desperately want some F1's.

Yeh I've had 5 sets done there, always been impressed with the finish.

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
Fitted my Sportlines and new top mounts during the week, i went for the cheapskate option and bought SKF top mounts and bearings from Eurocarparts. They were £45 delivered for a pair and touch wood they seemed to cure the knocking noise on full lock.

IMG00364-20110419-1923.jpg

IMG00363-20110419-1922.jpg

It took me about 2 hours to fit them.

IMG00362-20110419-1920.jpg

IMG00359-20110419-1808.jpg

Then I thought I'd try some Autoglym.

DSC01865.jpg

How she stands now.

DSC01863.jpg

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
Serviced her again on 59k, plugs, filters and oil.

1-29.jpg

Soon after went down a huge pot-hole one night coming home from work that resulted in this....

Front Passenger Side
DSC01778.jpg

Rear Passenger Side
DSC01779.jpg

Found another set of Turini's on eBay and had 2 of them refurbed and powdercoated in the same silver as the others.
111-1.jpg

At the start of June I had a week on the south coast in Sussex, some really good roads down there, did 1500 miles in total.
1-28.jpg

She's now on 61500 miles.

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
Changed my aux belt at the weekend, turned out that when the cambelt was changed 2 and a half years ago the old aux belt was slipped back on....

IMG00428-20110723-1410.jpg

15 minute job on a Cup, very easy.

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
Bought some Brembo brakes off G172, top bloke.

Finally got them fitted and they are a massive improvement over the sh1te that I took off. One of the calipers has siezed up slightly, so I freed that up. I'd never noticed any pulling under braking though.

IMG00445-20110820-1157.jpg

IMG00447-20110820-1308.jpg

Mate loving what you've done to you Cup! Im planning on a set of the same springs for mine, how do you find them? Easy to fit?

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
Mate loving what you've done to you Cup! Im planning on a set of the same springs for mine, how do you find them? Easy to fit?

Cheers.

The springs are straight forward if you know what you are doing, my mechanical knowledge is fairly basic and it took about 2 and a half hours to swap the springs over.