ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My custom ally foot rest.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
So had a spare hour, so decided to make an ally foot rest to replace the horrible plastic job renault supply.

Heres a little build of it.

Paper template stuck onto ally sheet.
b61fa016.jpg

Cut and formed into shape
1e150546.jpg

Holes measured to match pattern of the clutch and break pedal then drilled.
2267f489.jpg

Piece of metal with a counter sunk hole so we could tap the holes out to give them shape. Also opposite counter sunk hole so we can retain the screw to fit it back. And then Pop riveted back to the original plastic rest.
3e82af25.jpg

Finished result :cool:
P1010266.jpg

P1010267.jpg

It's going to be Scotchbrite'd to give a brushed aluminium finish then lacquered.

Hope you like and I haven't bored you.

Matt.

P.S. can take all the credit as my Dad gave us a hand with this (and the use of his tools!)

Fiesta ST-3
Thats a real good effort mate. Im sure you could sell a few on here if you put your mind to it.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra

Cheers

Don't lacquer it!

Leave it exactly as it is and let it wear away like the pedals :)

Either that or just polish the pedals up :)

Could do, but as it's raw aluminium it may end up going white. So I'm going to make the other pedals more presentable :)

bob on that mate! make me one lol

Thats a real good effort mate. Im sure you could sell a few on here if you put your mind to it.

Cheers guys!

Have been speaking to my dad about this, can't say for definite that they will be mass produced, suppose it all depends on demand :)

Renault Sport Clio 182
looks good, i was too lazy to make one so just purcahsed mine off a guy who mass produces them on here, dont know if he still does though

p@blo

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio/A3
Good effort Matt, looks really good matching the pedals.

Needs some of the RS mats! ;)

'06 Black FF 197
that is top job ! I'd get it polished so you dont see the signs of drilling, then you could get anodized and it would look great!

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra

great job!

Looks like a cheese grater! lol but nice effort

Thanks guys!

Good effort Matt, looks really good matching the pedals.

Needs some of the RS mats! ;)

Cheers, and yeah I agree the mats need replacing.

that is top job ! I'd get it polished so you dont see the signs of drilling, then you could get anodized and it would look great!

Thanks, Don't think I'll anodize it, but it definitely needs tidying up a bit, the holes are a bit rough round the edges and after a good polish and it'll be reet!

None
Good job that mate, i made one myself but in my usual fashion i completely over engineered it and made it from one eigth thick stainless steel plate!.....took bloody ages to drill :(

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Good job that mate, i made one myself but in my usual fashion i completely over engineered it and made it from one eigth thick stainless steel plate!.....took bloody ages to drill :(

FLOL! Good effort! Any pics :)

We had some steel lying about in the garage which I said we should use, my dad wasn't so keen as he knew it'd be a b**ch to work with, so he got the ally from work which was easy to work on.

None
Yeah mate i have a pic, it's a bit of a half arsed effort as i was bored one day at work so it still needs polishing up :)
I have a black allen key set screw for the top hole when it's finished.
DSC03597.gif

None
I really should have cleaned it up before taking the pic though :eek:.........this is what you get when resting rigger boots on them everyday!

JMR

RB 182 Cup
Yeah Turners were pretty good. Hand made too. He must have made some £ from them on here.

I made one for mine when I had the 172.
Lasercut from aluminium.

..and a DC5 replica I made for the Type R

Last edited: