ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my DIY GoPro mount

BG 182
After seeing a few DIY mounts made on other forums i thought i might as well give it a go

£10 in BNQ and a nice cut on my hand later, this is the result ...

5849144632_0b4c4b51c9_z.jpg

IMG_1014 by samdec169, on Flickr

might spray in black or wrap it with some carbon effect film soon, cant decide!

BG 182
cheers lads, its a hd hero ... bought it last year for my ski trips but not really used it in the car until now

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
Nice DIY mount, however whats wrong with the sticky back pad mounts you get with the camera? I've got mine on top of the clock on the dash and just fix the camera onto that?

BG 182
cheers rob (loving your ph1 btw) ... im sure ive seen yours on the a2 once before when it had the green wheel trims

i actually have got a sticky pad in the exact place you mentioned noddie, i just just fancied having another angle to record from !

PH1 172
id suggest cutting it in half and using both head rest posts on the passenger seat, if you need to recline your seat or move it for what ever reason you have to mess about with undoing it and repositioning it, i made one like that years ago and found that with half the length and fixed to both head rest posts it was stable enough even for the big ass video cameras.

BG 182
cheers narf, i did consider only using one seat as the mounting point but i wasn’t sure it would hold steady ... suppose i can always make another half length mount with my left over metal so I’ve always got the option between the two.