ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Eunos Roadster

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
Some pics of the roadster. Excuse the bad pics as I didn't have my camera.

Picture002-12.jpg

Picture003-12.jpg

Picture004-8.jpg

Picture001-13.jpg

Picture005-10.jpg

Work done so far:

Gaz gold pro suspension
Yellow stuff pads on front
Cambelt & waterpump
Clutch
Relocated rear fog
Removed spoiler
Removed style bar

Next on the list:
Full cage (Safety Devices or Caged)
New seat
Strip the interior (retaining dashboard but nothing else)
Crossmember and subframe refurb
Supercharger (maybe)
other stuff that I can't think of atm

Going to try and reroute the cooling system to see if I can solve the overheating probs on track.

Clio Cup,Leon 1.8T,Eunos
Looks nice - I have one as my weekend car

I removed the AC rad, which helped keep the temperatures lower
It's worth checking that you have the undertray still there, as that does make a difference to guiding the air to the rad

Also, and I'm sure you've looked - replace the thermostat, when I took mine out I had loads of swarf in there, which was not allowing it to open fully

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
AC rad is gone. Undertray was on but still overheating and thermostat is working. Just flushed the system but still overheating so coolant reroute before I get a new rad.

Clio Cup,Leon 1.8T,Eunos
Check that the gauge is showing properly... I tapped in a 2nd to see if the one on the dash was right. I think that when they replaced the clocks for mph ones they didn't put the temp needle (or fuel needle) back on correctly

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
Will have to check the gauge again but we know it is getting way too hot. Some coolant is disappearing after a longish run.

Brilliant!

My Dad's just bought a white Mk1 as a weekend toy.

I love them.

Great fun espcially with the roof down. Just got to ignore the comments from chavs in Clios. lol Great handling when you get used to it even though mine understeers like a barge at the moment.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
My mum has one in white. Ohlins coilovers and its sat on its arse! Big wide alloys too. Looks the nuts!

I personally couldn't give a fig what people think, they are awesome to drive.

J03

MX5 1.8
looks exactly like mine tbh.. bar the wheels! no plate on the front aswel :p

Photo0999.jpg

Photo1012.jpg

wish i could drive it... :(

J03

MX5 1.8
drove my sisters car from her mates party without insurance so i have to do my test again... :( unlucky

J03

MX5 1.8
i know! so stupid.. lol literally 2 min drive to the next street aswell and some stupid copper came right up my arse

J03

MX5 1.8
It's getting some team dynamics 1.3s. Your wheels should be easy to sell. I'm suprised no one bought your car yet.

oh so are you on nutz aswell? yeah me too thought it would go with it being nice weather had a few viewers though..

BMW M4; S1000 RR
^ Because they can. Simply put.

Mk1 MX5s are awesome, but there's a list (like the silvervisions/lower/turinis thing on here).

That list is.

Lower drastically. (I put Tein Flex on mine and it transformed the handling, no more understeer)

Wider wheels (15x7 ET20) I haven't done this one yet, but RS Watanabe are a good shout. I'm looking at Work EMotion atm though.

Front and rear lip spoilers, go for around 80-100 each on ebay.

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
It has factory alingment atm. Will be getting it cornerweighted etc after the cage goes in.

oh so are you on nutz aswell? yeah me too thought it would go with it being nice weather had a few viewers though..

Yep. Same username as on here. Your car look very nice and good vfm imo. Shame I don't need another one. lol

J03

MX5 1.8
ah right nice one! and cheers pal, do u get pulled with no plate on the front? i think the mx5 blends well in without a plate on the front

BMW M4; S1000 RR
It has factory alingment atm. Will be getting it cornerweighted etc after the cage goes in.

If it hasn't been done for a while then it won't even be factory. They do go out, mine was all over the shop when I had it done the first time.

The curse of double wishbone suspension!

ah right nice one! and cheers pal, do u get pulled with no plate on the front? i think the mx5 blends well in without a plate on the front

Mine doesn't have a front plate and I've driven past a few police who didn't even seem to look at it. Unless they're taking pictures, giving me a week or so to sort it out and then lamp me with all of the fines:star:

The only plate that looks good on the front of a Mk1 is the offset square plate.

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
I meant it had alignment back to the factory setting just for now. Need to decide on a new colour for it soon. Too many choices. lol

RRS, 172, ST3, VTS
What all engines are availabe in these, 1.6 and 1.8 is it? looking at getting one for the track.

ado

ClioSport Club Member
  기아 &#4
1.6 then 1.8 post 93/94. There are 90bhp 1.6 post 94 for some markets though.

J03

MX5 1.8
If it hasn't been done for a while then it won't even be factory. They do go out, mine was all over the shop when I had it done the first time.

The curse of double wishbone suspension!

Mine doesn't have a front plate and I've driven past a few police who didn't even seem to look at it. Unless they're taking pictures, giving me a week or so to sort it out and then lamp me with all of the fines:star:

The only plate that looks good on the front of a Mk1 is the offset square plate.

yeah i use to have one but it looked ugly once ive taken my GV lip off the front.. just looks odd without the splitter

What all engines are availabe in these, 1.6 and 1.8 is it? looking at getting one for the track.

mines a 1.8 for sale 131bhp with 2ks worth of little bits :) if my wheels sell its going for £1800