ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My F4Rt Clio 200

clio 200 F4Rt
Hey guys, put a brief post in the gallery, but thought I should do a proper 'project' thread that i can keep updated over time.....

Standard Spec:
Clio 200 'full fat'
Storm Grey ID paint
TomTom Sat nav
Recaro Seats
Cup Chassis
photo4-vi.jpg

photo2-vi.jpg

Modifications/tuning:

Akrapovic Exhaust
039-vi.jpg

044-vi.jpg

Cup Race Car Speedline Wheels, sprayed gloss balck. Fitted with Bridgestone RE050A
002-vi.jpg

4-vi.jpg

KTR/PF 330mm brake kit
013-vi.jpg

016-vi.jpg

Carbone Loraine RC6 Pads
011-vi.jpg

Megane F4Rt engine conversion, with custom Pace intercooler and remap
photo-vi.jpg

photo-vi.jpg

photo1-vi.jpg

photo1-vi.jpg

photo1-vi.jpg

Lowered on Eibach springs
photo2-vi.jpg

Ultra Racing Strut bars
003-vi.jpg

007-vi.jpg

And the car runs a second set of Cup Race car wheels with Toyo R888's for track work
001-vi.jpg

photo18-vi.jpg

And I have a few vids from the recent Renault Sport track day at Le Mans (feel free to mute the sound if you dont like my music choice. My GoPro doesnt pick up sound well at all, hence the tunes!)
http://vimeo.com/39880714
http://vimeo.com/39430851
http://vimeo.com/39879537

Feel free to comment!
Thanks
Mat

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Love it Matt.

Did you do the engine conversion or was it done when you bought it? What have you done with the Impreza?!

clio 200 F4Rt
Love it Matt.

Did you do the engine conversion or was it done when you bought it? What have you done with the Impreza?!

Bought the car new, then after 12 months had the conversion done.

Impreza went ages ago. It was a 'sensible' decision, as I was addicted to buying over priced JDM parts! :)

And as you can see, I have really stemmed my spending on cars!

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Nice spec, shame about the music on the vids (Not the choice, just lack of engine note). Probably my ultimate spec 200 apart from I'd have kw coilovers on it.

Also did anyone else read the title as Fart?

clio 200 F4Rt
Sorry if I've missed it but who did the conversion? Great motor.

K-Tec did the conversion. It is 100% spot on. Really did a good job on it, and covered all the little details.

Nice spec, shame about the music on the vids (Not the choice, just lack of engine note). Probably my ultimate spec 200 apart from I'd have kw coilovers on it

Yup, Clubsports are on the list of things for the future :)

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Stunning car, looks proper quick too!

Is that a standard R26.:R that overtook in the second video? looks pretty damn quick!

clio 200 F4Rt
Stunning car, looks proper quick too!

Is that a standard R26.:R that overtook in the second video? looks pretty damn quick!

I dont think any of the R26.R were standard. They all seemed pretty quick! A popular thing to tune on the continent!

I was happy to be out pacing the MEgane 265 Trophies tho. Especially as I had never driven the track before.

Italian 3.2 V6
Epic. Just unsure of the White wheels against the storm grey..

What's your plans next? Coilovers?

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Yeah he must of been gutted being over taken by a 200 :eek: ha

I like the white against the grey, looks just as nice as the black imo

clio 200 F4Rt
Epic. Just unsure of the White wheels against the storm grey..

What's your plans next? Coilovers?

I need to sort the gearbox and clutch/flywheel setup first. But then I think a set of KW CLubsports will be on the cards.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Awesome.

How much of a drop are the Eibach springs? They look like a better height than the H&R's I'm thinking of buying.

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Love the exhaust, get a video up!

It's the first thing I'd do to a 200, awesome!

RS172 Flamer
I saw this on K-tec's facebook page. It's perfect! Completely eliminates the lack of torque. Good work :)

clio 200 F4Rt
Thanks for all the positive comments guys!

Awesome.

How much of a drop are the Eibach springs? They look like a better height than the H&R's I'm thinking of buying.

front is about 30mm, rear seems to be a little less. Its a more subtle drop than some!

Just make sure you get the later versions of whichever springs you go for, as you probably know, they changed the suspension top mounts etc.

182 trackday racer
K-Tec did the conversion. It is 100% spot on. Really did a good job on it, and covered all the little details.

Yup, Clubsports are on the list of things for the future :)

AST Sportline II, caged and full striped interior FTW :D

clio 200 F4Rt
That is f**king awesome!

What's the plans for it then?

Its going to be developed over some time.

Coilovers, gearbox with diff are top of the list.

Then once the handling/chassis is sorted it will no doubt be a quest for a little more power, which will probably lead to the engine being forged.

Otherwise, for the time being, enjoy it as my daily driver and attempt to get as many track days in as possible. Going to the 'Ring 11-14 May, should be good!