ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My first machine detail...

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
Here we go..
This was my first BIG detail. And my first with a DA.
I'd ordered the Kestral but CYC rang and told me it was going to be a month until delivery, so I accepted their own DA, Which is exactly the same. (built on the same production line and everything).
I’m using a point and shoot camera for this so for some shots you’ll just have to take my word for it that the paint looks like deep water =]

Before shots:
DSC01760.jpg

DSC01761.jpg

DSC01763.jpg

My weapons of choice =P
DSC01765.jpg

Rinse with jet wash:
DSC01766.jpg

(Wheels off to be clean separately)
And onto the arches! These have never been done before. oops.
I used my own recipe for this; Bilberry, Snow foam, And Fairy liquid. topped up with water in a spray bottle. Worked pretty well. Here’s a before, during and after shot.
(I wasn’t after concourse standard, just cleaner)
DSC01768.jpg

DSC01775.jpg

DSC01769.jpg

Steelies on =]
DSC01776.jpg

Snow'd with PH Neutral foam:
DSC01777.jpg

And Jetted off. lookin better already =]
DSC01778.jpg

Next, 2 bucket method with Dodo b2bm and a brand new sheepskin mitt.
DSC01779.jpg

Dried with a water blade on flat panels and Dodo T2D everywhere else. (Sonus towel)
DSC01781.jpg

Shinyyy
DSC01782.jpg

Wiped down with Britemax spray and shine to remove and dust etc

I don’t have an inspection light, so sunlight had to do. (take into consideration the unique quality of my camera) swirls:
DSC01787.jpg

DSC01788.jpg

I spent most of the afternoon then practising on the bonnet with the sonus polishes, this is how it looked at the end of day 1. (Here come the hair jokes..)
DSC01790.jpg

DSC01792.jpg

DSC01791.jpg

Day 2.

Wheels.
Before:
DSC01798.jpg

DSC01795.jpg

Soaked with bilberry and ez wheel brush:
DSC01799.jpg

DSC01796.jpg

TAR!
Removed with AG intensive tar remover.
DSC01797.jpg

On of the wheels had this brown stain on the inside,
DSC01801.jpg

managed to remove most of this with some concentrated elbow grease. (don’t have a pic)

Back to polishing whilst my grandad AG SRP'd, EGP'd, and HD Waxed the wheels.
I decided to do the bonnet again, working up from sfx1 one this time because there was still some slight swirling/hollogramming.

Various stages in the process:
DSC01804.jpg

DSC01805.jpg

^My key scratch =[
DSC01810.jpg

After stopping for lunch, some dust from the trees over the road had fallen onto the car, so I doused with water and dried:
DSC01807.jpg

DSC01808.jpg

Polishing finished, Next was a layer of EZ Creme Glaze. I was so impressed with this I did it twice.
DSC01812.jpg

DSC01814.jpg

And then 2 layers of Jetseal 109.
DSC01816.jpg

Wheels finished!
DSC01819.jpg

DSC01820.jpg

DSC01821.jpg

DSC01822.jpg

I didn’t have time to wax with Dodo Blue velvet due to the gf nagging me to finish so we could go out for tea, and me going to Sheffield to pick up sport seats the next day.

Anyway, here’s some pics from the drive to Sheffield. (phone pics sorry, and the hazy sun didn’t help)

Sheffieldrun14.jpg

Sheffieldrun12.jpg

Sheffieldrun10.jpg

Sheffieldrun4.jpg

Sheffieldrun8.jpg

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
Good work. I lol'd at using an EZ brush when the wheels are off! Thats more for when the wheels are on! ;)

Good work tho.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
LOL. Just use a sponge dude!

Would also advice AS Tardis for Tar. Get yourself a bag of cheapo tery towels for wipin it off.

voila.

Tardiswheel.jpg

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
first words out of my mouth when i seen your weapons was fook me! i need to get my self a machine polisher n some lessons off JD or chris, Car looks emence tho mate, ive got a black car aswell n its just horrible to sort out

KDF

Audi TT Stronic
Seriously ditch the water blade !!

One spec of dust/grit and you've just wasted your 2 days of work !

top of the pyramid
Seriously ditch the water blade !!

One spec of dust/grit and you've just wasted your 2 days of work !

+1 the wiper blade will give you some bad swirls

other then that looks great.

I need to buy some of that hd wax.

Audi TT
couldn't work out the wheels. Are they white on the insides and still silver outside or is it just the pics??!?

I seriously need your patience though as I'd love mine to come up that shiny.