ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My german 182

Clio 182 liquid yellow
Hello everybody,

my name is Sebastian, I'm 21 years old and I'm living in southern Germany (Bavaria). I have already posted in your former forum, but today I want to show you my clio 182.
Modifications:
ASA 8x17 alloy wheels with 215/35 ZR17 Dunlop tyres
APEX 40mm lowering springs
alloy antenna ;)
BMC CDA Carbon Airbox

Here are some pictures:
Dark%20Desire-050904201046.jpg

Dark%20Desire-050904201058.jpg

Dark%20Desire-050923160922.jpg

Big greetz from Germany
Sebastian

MKIII 138
how come all these euro tuners seem to get really cool fat tyres without them being tractor like in height ?? also how come they always get the wheels either flush or sticking out of the arches.. none of us do this other here ??

is it spacers or wider alloys ??? does it improve handling as it looks wide as feck to me.

Clio 182 liquid yellow
@ meggerman: Yes, it improves handling. Especially in the front are wide alloy wheels the better choice. Mine are 8 by 17 with an ET of 30.

MKIII 138
Sirius said:
@ meggerman: Yes, it improves handling. Especially in the front are wide alloy wheels the better choice. Mine are 8 by 17 with an ET of 30.

ahh, there 17`s. no good then for proper fast driving imo but still they look nice.
hmm wonder if you can get 16 x 8`s or 15 x 8`s taps chin.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I think that looks ace...Not a fan of euro wide rims, but that looks awsum, cup splitter and spoiler needed and a mild tint...***** tastic fella.

8J wide wheels and bigger (not in hight) is typcally the german tuning style, my oppinion. My old 16V had also 8J by 15" rims. Like the colour very much, here in the Netherlands you don't see that color maybe one's or twice in a year.

Vee dub
Looks really cool actually!

Not a big fan of the liquid yellow, but like it more and more with each pic i see

Tom

An orange one
reaaally nice that!!

would these 215/35/17 tyres be any good on 7x17" wheels? obviously you wouldnt get the stretched look but the sidewall would be tiny!!

Clio 197
Very nice-looking 182!

Keep your eye-on the meetings/events section: we might have another nurburgring trip and you can pop-along!

Clio 182 liquid yellow
F 16Valve said:
Why the 35 tyres?? normaly you have 40 on a 17" rim, so with the 35 your clock speed isn't the same???
You loose too much in acceleration with 215/40. I don't know the english word for it, but if you calculate the size of the complete rim, you will find out that 35 makes the rim smaller and faster in acceleration. The size is nearly the same as on the original 16s. :)

Clio 182 liquid yellow
ColinG said:
reaaally nice that!!

would these 215/35/17 tyres be any good on 7x17" wheels? obviously you wouldnt get the stretched look but the sidewall would be tiny!!
They would also fit a 7x17'' very good, but as you already said, the rim would be broader and not this scretched.