ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My heaters don't blow

:dapprove:

Noticed today that when I turned the heaters on, the fan wasn't blowing atall. Everything else works fine (temperture changes ok and can tell the difference if u put hand over vents) but the fan does nothing when u turn it up

Please help :(

Integra Type-R DC2
lol, im having the same problem lou. Renault have said its the fan motor thats gone, going to check it tomorrow if its not raining.

Integra Type-R DC2
So had a look at it. Connected the fan to battery and it nearly took off. Nothing wrong with it. As far as I can tell, the fans not drawing any current. Ill have a proper go at it next weekend with a meter and figure out where the problem is, could well be rheostat.

RB FF 182
Found a good little fault finding guide... if you know your electrics!

http://www.fixya.com/cars/t1137252-renault_clio_sport_182_air_con_fan

posted by 3star on Oct 15, 2008

2004 reg Renault Clio Sport 2004 - Everything working fine until I stopped engine for about half hour on return found no demist or air con working. all front panel lights/systems operational and illuminated on the air con panel e.g. temp, fan intesity just no actual fan/demist/air movement. Checked all fuses marked with a fan symbol in passenger side fuse box - all ok and so are all underbonnet fuses. Guess its a fuse/relay/supply problem to the fan but can't find fault. Any advice appreciated please. Thank you, from Ian
Comment posted on Feb 25, 2009

It turned out to be the power control module - given these problems its likely to be either this power control module or the climate control computer. Some models have the resistor pack - this is in the fan housing but the power control module is in the air flow pipework between fan and cabin, after the filter. Its worth checking its faulty before buying as it cost £94 quid! All working fine now its replaced. Here's the fault find sequence:

check all fuses

ignition on is there 12v on track 4 of the power control module and on track 1of the blower motor?

yes go to *

no then check for 12v before ignition on track 30, an earth on track 85 and 12v after ignition on track 86 of cold air blower relay (yellow relay on an individual holder in engine compartment fuse box) - repair as necessary

check insulation, continuity and absencce of interference resistance on cold air delivery relay track 87 to track 4 of the power control module and and track 1 of the blower motor

if still no 12v supply on track 4 of the power module and track 1 of the blower motor - replace cold air delivery relay

check for earth on pin5 of power module (the pins are numbered 1-5) - repair if necessary

check insulation, continuity and absence of interfernce resistance of connection between track1 and track 2 of the blower motor - repair if necessary

disconnect the connector from the power control module and with ignition on shunt (short together) tracks1 and 5 - the fan should run at full speed - if not the fan is faulty

check the voltage between earth and track2 of the unit (with power module connected - this is tricky as there is a lot of insulation) it should vary as follows
speed 0 13.94v
speed 1 11.36v
speed 2 10.17v
speed 3 8.93v
speed 4 7.69v
speed 5 6.34v
speed 6 5.13v
speed 7 3.8v
speed 8 0.14v

if it does vary correctly (approx voltages) replace the power module - if not its the climate control computer

normally its attached directly to the fan (should be a small box looking thing that clips onto the fan with wires running into it)... i'm not too sure about the setup on the 172/182 but on my old clio & my mates thats how it was... the wire running to the resistor kept burning itself out and shorting the system to.. you get to the fan from by removing the scuttle tray ?