ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Impreza mistake

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
I saw an Impreza on Ebay, whilst just browsing on Friday. Spoke to @leeds_182 about it (he recognised it and was interested pre-forester) and we went to view it yesterday.....
.....and drove it home. I wasn't even wanting one, up until 24 hours before. Should really grow up.

Preza.jpeg

I don't actually know the full spec list, as there is so much to go through, but some of it, is below.
It is in amazing condition to be honest. 78k, undersealed, massive folder for every single thing.

2002 JDM Bugeye STI
Perrin engine bay dress kit
Perrin Aluminium cold air intake
Perrin turbo Blanket
Perrin fuel pressure regulator
Mishimoto coolant hose kit
Mishimoto racing thermostat
Mishimoto 1.3 bar radiator/expansion cap
6 Speed Manual
Walbro 255 fuel pump
Process West TMIC c/w STD manual/auto water spray
SC 42 Billet Turbo
NGK PFR7B
Competition clutch, anti judder disc & billet fly wheel
Heat wrapped s/s unequal length headers
Heat wrapped 3' down pipe and complete 3' Cobra Exhaust
MeisterR Zeta CRD+ Coilovers c/w adjustment extensions
Carnatix fast road geometry and ride height set up
CDF F&R anti roll bars and links
Godspeed F & R Grooved discs & Kevlar pads
18, Rota alloy wheels wrapped in 225-40-18 Vredestien tyres
STI GeNOME Boost, Oil pressure & Temp gauges with controller
Clifford Concept G650 2x Fobs
Pioneer double din Bluetooth hands free

There's more than that, just not got through the receipts + figuring out what all the stuff is, under the bonnet.
Power wise, it's 404bhp and 350torque. It needs improvement here, as it is totally numb when off boost and the torque appears to just plateau at a specific point. So I'll be seeking some advice on what can overcome that + the mad power hit, to at least get the curves sorted.

s-l1600d.jpg

s-l1600e.jpg

s-l1600f.jpg

Day 1 and already had the spanners out!
The fog light can't have ever worked. The wire for it was completely flattened by the rear seat bar.

Preza2.jpg

preza3.jpg

Will update the spec later.

BOOST.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
I saw an Impreza on Ebay, whilst just browsing on Friday. Spoke to @leeds_182 about it (he recognised it and was interested pre-forester) and we went to view it yesterday.....
.....and drove it home. I wasn't even wanting one, up until 24 hours before. Should really grow up.

View attachment 1498173

I don't actually know the full spec list, as there is so much to go through, but some of it, is below.
It is in amazing condition to be honest. 78k, undersealed, massive folder for every single thing.

2002 JDM Bugeye STI
Perrin engine bay dress kit
Perrin Aluminium cold air intake
Perrin turbo Blanket
Perrin fuel pressure regulator
Mishimoto coolant hose kit
Mishimoto racing thermostat
Mishimoto 1.3 bar radiator/expansion cap
6 Speed Manual
Walbro 255 fuel pump
Process West TMIC c/w STD manual/auto water spray
SC 42 Billet Turbo
NGK PFR7B
Competition clutch, anti judder disc & billet fly wheel
Heat wrapped s/s unequal length headers
Heat wrapped 3' down pipe and complete 3' Cobra Exhaust
MeisterR Zeta CRD+ Coilovers c/w adjustment extensions
Carnatix fast road geometry and ride height set up
CDF F&R anti roll bars and links
Godspeed F & R Grooved discs & Kevlar pads
18, Rota alloy wheels wrapped in 225-40-18 Vredestien tyres
STI GeNOME Boost, Oil pressure & Temp gauges with controller
Clifford Concept G650 2x Fobs
Pioneer double din Bluetooth hands free

There's more than that, just not got through the receipts + figuring out what all the stuff is, under the bonnet.
Power wise, it's 404bhp and 350torque. It needs improvement here, as it is totally numb when off boost and the torque appears to just plateau at a specific point. So I'll be seeking some advice on what can overcome that + the mad power hit, to at least get the curves sorted.

View attachment 1498175

View attachment 1498176

View attachment 1498177

Day 1 and already had the spanners out!
The fog light can't have ever worked. The wire for it was completely flattened by the rear seat bar.

View attachment 1498178

View attachment 1498179

Will update the spec later.

BOOST.
Looks great!

LY Meg Cup-S + MX5
Looks good.

I have a uk widetrack. But i like the earlier car seats and that diagonal stitching bit on the lower bolster. The headlights have grown on me over time.

Not sure what the power limit is on top mounted intercooler?

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
Looks like a good find. What would something like this cost?

Crazylegs

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
Are you taking other people’s for sale pictures now?

Love bugeye STIs. I know most don’t agree but I think they’re the prettiest Impreza.

Still looking for a decent one to replace the Mazda for racing duties.
I agree, they're really pretty cars.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
Love it. Bugeyes are so nice, I prefer them to all others bar the classic gens.

It looks like it's been really looked after as well.

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
I'd be interested to know how many JDM's made it here and how many remain.
I've started researching the comparisons between the UK and JDM cars and despite being basic machines, there are quite a few differences.

Going to get all the paperwork out on it tonight. Some of the bills are eye-watering, but with so many receipts, it's hard to keep track of what remained on the car during it's development to where it is now. Luckily it had one owner for ages and who spent most of the money. Just need to put them in date order.

I also found it on Google street view in 2012 & 2016 in the same place. Lol.

Capture.PNG

Last edited:

Crybert

ClioSport Club Member
  Cup 172
They’ve aged really well from the front the big eyes. I’d love to own one for a few months

Bankrupt_drunk

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
As a few other members are, I'm a former impreza owner.
I love this era of imprezas. A well specced JdM bug would be in my dream garage, preferably an S202. Looks like you've got a belter. Who did the mapping and building?
Ps. I had those coilovers on mine. Couldn't fault them for the price.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
f**k off the TMIC and get a proper front mount.

Scooby owners w**k themselves stupid over the TMIC, it's f**king ridiculous. The issues with heat soak are very well documented.

Thrust-Rated

President of the KMAG fan club.
ClioSport Club Member
  F31 35d, Berlingo Na
Looks wicked mate!
Is it Andy Carr that maps these still? I know he did my mates UK blob eye and that went well and drove really nice even off boost.

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
f**k off the TMIC and get a proper front mount.

Scooby owners w**k themselves stupid over the TMIC, it's f**king ridiculous. The issues with heat soak are very well documented.

I wouldn’t bother personally. I wouldn’t be tracking it with a top mount (but then I wouldn’t be tracking an impreza) and that updated one is probably pretty decent.

I have had front mounts and nothing wrong per-say but it’s just much neater with the top mount and less likely to rub something or blow a coupling etc.

Just use a bit of common sense and don’t smash the crap out of it when you’ve sat in traffic heating it up. I can’t imagine it takes that long to cool the intercooler once moving but I always try and imagine it taking a little while to cool things down if it’s a hot day etc. Usually have intercooler spray on JDM anyway.

My V6 is still on top mount and no complaints from me with performance.

Love the car though (not sure why it’s a mistake?) I’m a big bugeye fan and the sti is a cracking looking car IMO. Used to be hated but much better looking than blob or hawk to me in sti spec. I have had a jdm bug sti and loved it. I still have a WRX bug wagon I only paid £500 for and love it.

frayz

ClioSport Club Member
The PW TMIC seems to run out of efficiancy around the 430bhp area from what ive seen. As long as the skirt is fitting well from the bonnet scoop it will be fine.
You can go FMIC but for that power i probably wouldnt bother unless you have a custom RS500 style one made up. So many of them are cheap chinese crap with crap cores and pipework. Anything decent is big money and frankly not really worth it at that power level. I'd just make sure that you have insulated all the hot stuff as much as possible and keep the radiated heat as low as you can. The SC42 is still quite a small blower and the FMIC has quite a bit of pipework to fill, so the boost response isnt that fantastic with a small turbo.
Failing that id speak to Simon @ Chevron, but as previously stated, youre in for £1500+. :)