ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Impreza mistake

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
Novice alert.
The wax stuff arrived, as recommended on here. Left it in the house to be at 'room temp' as it suggests. Used a bit of Jenolite on a minor rust spot, cleaned it up -
aimed it at the seams and went for it.

waxoil.jpg

It's quite a thin texture, so it runs everywhere.. Looks a bit of a mess to be honest. But never done it before.
What now?! Do I coat everything? it'll just pool in the bottom if so!

I also thought the washer jets weren't working. Checked the bottle and it's full, it has two pumps for front and rear screens.

washer.jpg

Pulled the stalk and couldn't hear the front pump, yet the wipers work. Did the rear and both rear wiper and washer jet work ok. The fuse for the pumps is the same as the wipers... so was about to remove the pump, until...

The f**king stalk requires you to push, to spray - not pull.
I'd been yanking it like my taddy wacker.

washer1.jpg

It worked then. Idiot.
However, a pull, should be a mist. That doesn't work. Not sure what that is about.

Final annoyance of this week, when on the motorway - it sounds like the tweeters are crackling. Which they aren't, its the rubber/plastic gusset thing on both wing mirror sides. It's like a condom for the pillarless window. They're baggy as fck. Tried a heat gun and a clamp, which improved it, but did not resolve it fully. Best come up with some more ideas.

window.jpg

Was interested to see what the OBD was saying about water temp - as the gauge rarely moves on the dash. I could hear the fans kick in, on the drive but the gauge did not move EVER, until I turned the car off. It registers zero on cold start, climbs up and then just sits like this:

gauge.jpg

I watched on the OBD the coolant temp go from 81 degrees to 100. Then heard the fan, watched the value drop to 85.
The gauge did not move at all during that.

Scoobynet (after wading through so much crap about HOW MUch powerz can I gets, posts) suggests this is normal.

A novice day out.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
I read that the gauge is mega inaccurate and when the temp raises past the norm it’s usually too late.

just spray and prey with the arches, doesn’t need to look pretty.

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Could be worth checking if the gauge is fed off a different temperature sender to the ECU.

Often is, and they're cheap to replace, so worth a shot.

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
Now that everything is fixed. I washed it today & it is for sale.

Emailed a couple of dudes who said "let me know when you sell it". So will give them until Boxing day. Was contemplating offering it to those companies that raffle them. Now it's all 100% it would be a great prize TBF.

Enjoyed it more than I thought I would have as well. The amount of interest, is mental. I guess, you just don't see them as much anymore.

A couple of pictures from today, which may make up the advert.

1.jpg

2.jpg

6.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
You should have filmed it going, that way on rewind you could pretend winning it back.
Still wish I could have insured it, looks lovely.

Jamess182

ClioSport Club Member
Doesn't look like it will take long!

Great pics they've done.
Looks cracking, how come you decided to sell?

It's no surprise every man and his dog are trying to set up their own raffle company these days, facebook is absolutely flooded with them. I hope you got (or near to) your £10k, but mad to think they'll be getting near £16k in raffle money for it. Obviously they have their running costs, but I'm sure they'll make a hefty profit and it's easy, easy money now they've got a huge customer base.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

It's no surprise every man and his dog are trying to set up their own raffle company these days, facebook is absolutely flooded with them. I hope you got (or near to) your £10k, but mad to think they'll be getting near £16k in raffle money for it. Obviously they have their running costs, but I'm sure they'll make a hefty profit and it's easy, easy money now they've got a huge customer base.
It’s not easy money.

the majority of people that win these cars are f**king mutants.
they can’t afford the cars, they can’t afford to run them and they s**t themselves when they win.

Not too long ago I was reading a thread on Facebook of a guy that won a modified TT. Had it a week and the dash stopped working, the discs were warped and am the passenger door rattled. The raffle company sent him the money to fix these issues. He then moaned so much that they ended up buying the car back off him. And he still moaned. The prick spent £45 on tickets and had a 2015 Audi TT and was still moaning!!!

Its a fantastic concept but it’s got aggro written all over it when you’re dealing with the public.

f**k that.

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects

I bought it on my birthday. Twas a spur of the moment thing. But I didn't have anywhere to store it and it didn't feel right it being outside.
Didn't think that bit through.

Made some money on it though + genuinely thought it was awesome.

Bought a ticket. Will watch the draw as well, why not eh.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Not looked into these competitions before. Out of the masses which ones are the most popular

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Not looked into these competitions before. Out of the masses which ones are the most popular
Social media is littered with them. Dream car giveaways, redline competitions, botb etc.

There was one this morning with a blue Focus ST. Looked like the car had never ever been cleaned and it was photographed in a pig shed. 🤦‍♂️😂
Everyone is at it it seems.

LY Meg Cup-S + MX5
Pics do look good on that site with the snow reflecting. I love the earlier STI chairs with the extra diagonal stitching,

Keep thinking about selling our Blob STI. Had for 6 years. What do you replace it with? Noise amazing. Reliable, Depreciation free.

Loving that Corrado 20VT on that competition site though.....

jameswrx

ClioSport Club Member
I’d say you might regret that sale.

A JDM bugeye STI is a cracking car! Not many turbo cars that’ll Rev like it. I remember well when the bugeye came out and everyone hated them but the front is much better balanced to me than the following blob eye. I’ve had both and always felt the blob lights looked way too big, it was almost like an overreaction to the way the bug was received. Then they slimmed down the lights with the Hawkeye. I think the bugeye has really come into its own in recent years.

I’d say £10k is pretty cheap for a nice JDM car really, I’d imagine a JDM bug STI will be a future classic.

Realistically they’re a better car than the classic sti I have. Better engine and gearbox and many have taken a stock JDM to 400bhp reliably with turbo and fuelling mods. Only thing I’d say is the classic feels a bit more frantic/fun but I guess that’s the chassis not being as competent in reality.

Not a fan of the rear spoiler as looks like an early model replica for classic shape? I’d imagine being JDM it may well have come in with the small boot lid spoiler (as the JDM’s often had them) and someone wanted a big one, shame it didn’t get a period correct bugeye sti one. And god knows what someone was thinking when they cut the fog light into the bumper!

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
I’d say you might regret that sale.

A JDM bugeye STI is a cracking car! Not many turbo cars that’ll Rev like it. I remember well when the bugeye came out and everyone hated them but the front is much better balanced to me than the following blob eye. I’ve had both and always felt the blob lights looked way too big, it was almost like an overreaction to the way the bug was received. Then they slimmed down the lights with the Hawkeye. I think the bugeye has really come into its own in recent years.

I’d say £10k is pretty cheap for a nice JDM car really, I’d imagine a JDM bug STI will be a future classic.

Realistically they’re a better car than the classic sti I have. Better engine and gearbox and many have taken a stock JDM to 400bhp reliably with turbo and fuelling mods. Only thing I’d say is the classic feels a bit more frantic/fun but I guess that’s the chassis not being as competent in reality.

Not a fan of the rear spoiler as looks like an early model replica for classic shape? I’d imagine being JDM it may well have come in with the small boot lid spoiler (as the JDM’s often had them) and someone wanted a big one, shame it didn’t get a period correct bugeye sti one. And god knows what someone was thinking when they cut the fog light into the bumper!
I probably will look back with a hint of regret, but a wise man once said "more is lost through indecision, than the wrong decision".

I lie, wasn't a wise man at all. It was Leeds_182.

Defo a future classic if not already so.

I liked the spoiler though.
I'm near 40 however.
Yet I own a Saxo.
I'm a man of conflicting qualities and tastes. Prob be gay in a few years.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
I probably will look back with a hint of regret, but a wise man once said "more is lost through indecision, than the wrong decision".

I lie, wasn't a wise man at all. It was Leeds_182.

Defo a future classic if not already so.

I liked the spoiler though.
I'm near 40 however.
Yet I own a Saxo.
I'm a man of conflicting qualities and tastes. Prob be gay in a few years.

I think as a daily driver they’re too fragile body wise now and you’ve already got a few garage queens.

Mega motor though.