ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Inferno Story...

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Best way to do the bolts is to get really pissed off with them, use all the swear words under the sun, try cut them off, hit them with a hammer, say you've had enough want to set fire to the car, have a break, calm down a bit and repeat.

Such a stupid design.

Yep, sounds about right.

t90_lle

East of England
ClioSport Area Rep
All fun and games isn't it, took me 3 days laid on my back on the drive to get the bolts out and spacers fitted! Even when you think you're on the home straight, these cars find something to kick you in the teeth.
3 days fook that, good job I got a mechy with a 2 post ramp and lots of ugger duger guns Haha
Lucky I had a mate local who had a couple of spacer washers laying about to get me out of a jam also.

Went out today to do a bit of photo whoring...
616599A6-6D83-4D6F-AA3E-6826D466AE9D.jpeg
1B4E229F-D6FF-4A87-9289-B2076C6D4754.jpeg
147DB5C7-302A-4162-9A23-B0875A284BF7.jpeg
DFA3EA4F-0353-4855-90AE-F916ADC91F96.jpeg
AA65F3CC-E2E4-4E50-AFBA-D3C66C6C7F76.jpeg
281C6F85-91C3-4858-9179-AFB6B9E37864.jpeg

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Had the same Problem with my one. The owner before me didnt mount them and installed the breake without this spaces. As i changed the breake i found them missing. However, no Spacers are availabe.

If you have an adress for an rebuilt of this spacers I would order! Would be great!
Kam Racing do them too. https://www.kamracing.co.uk/car-tun...o-mk2-grams-oe-rear-disc-spacer.html?___SID=U

Mine didn't have the spacers fitted when I changed the disc's, glad I'd ordered some spacers as a precaution! @Louis' the easiest way to do any job is chuck ££ at someone else!

t90_lle

East of England
ClioSport Area Rep
Mine didn't have the spacers fitted when I changed the disc's, glad I'd ordered some spacers as a precaution! @Louis' the easiest way to do any job is chuck ££ at someone else!
This guy knows!! Haha

Where's the fun in that though? I'll have a go at anything!
I will too within reason but when I know it’ll be a pig of a job I’ll pay someone

td_dan

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio DCi
Had a good read through the whole thread and what a credit to you.

It looks great in the last pics and sits so well.

Was all worth it in the end, but what a mission mate......... Mick must have been knackered that late after being at work all day!!

Car looks great tho, a big decrease in the rubbing is a win! :up:

Rystar

ClioSport Club Member
  2003 Clio 172
If only i'd of known mate, I've got the old spacers from the last set of disks i fitted on the rear sat in my door card at all times! Could of popped them down to you easily. Glad it all got sorted in the end though, looks good!

t90_lle

East of England
ClioSport Area Rep
If only i'd of known mate, I've got the old spacers from the last set of disks i fitted on the rear sat in my door card at all times! Could of popped them down to you easily. Glad it all got sorted in the end though, looks good!
Hold on to them! They’re hard to get hold of in a emergency! Lol

So my £17 panic buy washer turned up today, got to say that the finished quality of the product leaves a little to be desired but owell least I have a new and a used spare now.
7657AF04-909A-4557-8674-219502FC90E6.jpeg

In other news I’ve ordered the red centre exhaust hanger as it’s catcher over bumps and a new gear gaitor as mine has a little hole in it and for when I carry out the @182_steve mod to my pms in case I break the clips.

In other news I’ve ordered the red centre exhaust hanger as it’s catcher over bumps and a new gear gaitor as mine has a little hole in it and for when I carry out the @182_steve mod to my pms in case I break the clips.

Good man! Now you just need to find an elastic band, the most expensive mod of all, and you're sorted! :smile:

Gaiters are so cheap, well worth getting another

t90_lle

East of England
ClioSport Area Rep
Small update...
When we did the rear spacers Tuesday I noticed that the middle exhaust hanger had failed an was looking past it’s best. Popped to local dealer and ordered a new one as well as a new gear gaitor as I wanted to carry out the @182_steve PMS mod.
98DCEAC4-941D-4774-9C7C-0CA01BC8D35C.jpeg

The old failed hanger...
C5EF9B2E-3811-4263-9856-7B1A56D0B5B4.jpeg

I noticed that the black one wasn’t a oem part as it had no Renault markings on it.
C3D17DEF-5D4D-4D9B-8D42-A9D53D7289C1.jpeg

Hopefully it’ll pull the centre up abit so I won’t catch when I go into the local multi storey car parks.
24421EA4-0DD0-4490-BA6B-356E8FD49E4C.jpeg

Next was the PMS mod... During he test drive it was noted that the minimal vibration I did have is now nonexistent.
C45F2594-16E5-4099-ABA8-B876EFA23D05.jpeg

Whilst it was all apart I decided to put the oem sound deadening material back in to further reduce any noise that is made.
Since my gaitor has a tiny hole I ordered a new one but since I didn’t break any clips I decided to keep the new one as a spare and re use the old one putting a new tie wrap in it.
BDE9D61F-B225-4460-BB76-CB9CC36CAC7A.jpeg

All buttoned up... When it was stripped down I thought a good idea would be to put some motorbike chain lube in the bearing to keep a smooth action.
6E83A05C-977B-49EF-AB04-9BEBAA1B3CDF.jpeg

Good stuff, glad to see the 182_steve PMS mod is starting to take off :smile:

Just kidding, as I said I think i'll put my sound deadening back in too when I get the car back, thought about it, but never did........... also, man points for buying that rubber band ball, plenty of spares!

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Good stuff, glad to see the 182_steve PMS mod is starting to take off :smile:

Just kidding, as I said I think i'll put my sound deadening back in too when I get the car back, thought about it, but never did........... also, man points for buying that rubber band ball, plenty of spares!

It's the next Fattys induction kit ;)

t90_lle

East of England
ClioSport Area Rep
So found out my mot had run out on the 6th, so this morning was spent frantically ringing round garages trying to get it in.
Luckily I have a mate who works at a Renault main dealer who got me in and it just so happens @182_steve car is in there also getting his gearbox done.
The tester said Renault sports are like buses...
None for ages then two come along at once.
8C058D07-2C55-4827-A6E9-E84CE6E9EF24.jpeg

Mine was given a clean bill of health, Steve’s on the other hand is a work in progress.

172 Cup & Mini C 1.6
Good stuff, glad to see the 182_steve PMS mod is starting to take off [emoji2]

You are a hero Steve lol [emoji123] loving that

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Rystar

ClioSport Club Member
  2003 Clio 172
Where's this Renault dealer you guys are using round your way? We've got Holden in Norwich but hearing mixed reviews on their knowledge of the sports. Got a few niggly bits i wouldn't mind chucking in to get sorted as they beat me 😂

R29TJR

ClioSport Club Member
  2005 RB 182 Cup
Odd question how tight is the elastic band?

I've fitting one to mine but I still have a rattle!

t90_lle

East of England
ClioSport Area Rep
Where's this Renault dealer you guys are using round your way? We've got Holden in Norwich but hearing mixed reviews on their knowledge of the sports. Got a few niggly bits i wouldn't mind chucking in to get sorted as they beat me 😂
I mainly use Mitchell’s Renault in Great Yarmouth after hours where as @182_steve mainly uses Mitchell’s Renault in Lowestoft.

Odd question how tight is the elastic band? I've fitting one to mine but I still have a rattle!
I have two medium size bands twisted to make 4 wraps...
C6F11996-4333-4345-B5C4-97D1B5A4C27A.jpeg

Odd question how tight is the elastic band?

I've fitting one to mine but I still have a rattle!

I've only got one band on mine, but it's a thicker 'Royal Mail' type twisted over - it still rattles a bit under harder acceleration but general pottering about and on idle, mine doesn't rattle at all so far

t90_lle

East of England
ClioSport Area Rep
Not really an update but...
I took the super cheap cup Turini’s out today to get rid of the ditch finder t1rs that are currently fitted.
2 were knackered anyways so I have swapped the new rainsport3s I had on the 172s on to them and saved 2 of the t1rs for the 172s.
E2F841CA-AF04-46F5-858B-312D8B14AB5B.jpeg

The Turinis were fittted with 205/45 but the rainsports are 195/45 so hopefully there will be no scrubbing issues with the 10mm stub axel spacers.
D0F520FD-5DF5-4B1C-A94E-7CF8471A9894.jpeg

I have also managed to source a good condition MR battery cover locally for less than half delivered rrp which I’m pretty chuffed about. I’ll be picking that up tomorrow so will try it on over the weekend.
7869CFD4-827C-4126-B512-97E72BA345DD.jpeg

OZ F1s are still kicking about which I’m surprised about so they may end up going on fleabay.

The wheels sure do stand out.i always had people pointing at them while driving..
I will miss the Clio.may get another one day..

Well thats the thing..I don' want to sell it really as its not really worth anything....but don't have time or money yet to do it...looked at a low milege ep3 yesterday.just felt like cheating on the Clio lol.plus is was 5k and needed brakes and aux belt change..
Looking at a s line audi later.so different type of car completely to the Clio.
I might Come acoss a cheap gearbox and get it done..(dreaming)

t90_lle

East of England
ClioSport Area Rep
Picked up my battery cover this morning and set about fitting it this afternoon... I thought this would be a 5min job but how wrong could I be.
Before...
BDEF8DD3-8BF8-4C64-B94C-B65350E67E54.jpeg

During...
FC4065A3-6462-4FA0-BDC2-74914F6AC14D.jpeg

Finished...
0FB0CC71-FE9E-4872-B574-7FFE35475B3B.jpeg

Where the 2nd lower bolt goes the head rounded out after being over tightened, I assume by ED after the conversion. I tried various torx, Allen keys, hammering the head in, mole grips, mini pipe wrench and various pliers.
In the end after loosing my rag the drill came out and the head came off.
To be honest I’m not convinced by the new cover, I think I prefer my receipt list one and being able to see the filter but after the chore in putting it on it’ll be on for a little while.
Possibly fitting the orange Turinis this weekend also too but watch this space.

That sounds like a right mission!!! But you didn't let it defeat you bud, nicely done!

I've never been a huge fan of these but to be honest, I think that looks ok! If you were keeping it long term, you need to loose the big Pure Motorsport sticker but if the receipt list might go back on, keep it. IMO! Oh and for the price paid, worth trying all day long :up:

t90_lle

East of England
ClioSport Area Rep
So this happened today...
Got the tango rims out from storage after swapping tyres the other day, I thought it be rude not to try them on.
E035D1E4-711B-44F7-B025-E151D84E21C0.jpeg

For a second I thought I was a dubber so left my torque wrench on...
cos that’s what the kidz do init!?!?
C0E47623-8C33-4DBF-9427-073237A67634.jpeg

Running 195/45 uniroyal all round, rear 10mm stub spacers and 16mm hubcentric up front.
Took her out for a little blast and safe to say no scrubbing on the rear but it is on the front. Further investigation found to to be the tire rubbing on the arch liner where the bumper/headlight bolt is so that’s no drama but may look into 10mm pms spacers if it annoys me.
Give her a quick wash after testing, not sure what to do with them as yet colour wise.
804892E8-3CEA-41F0-9789-60F6AB7C7677.jpeg
F64DEC45-14D0-46EC-B669-2B7612DEF940.jpeg