ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My K4M shed

Toyota MR2 GT Turbo
So, thought it was about time I posted a project thread, I've owner her since March 2011, bought for £3600 with 32k on the clock (Mark 2 Phase 2 1.6 16v Extreme 2005 in Ottoman Blue)

I used to own this:
DSC_6813.jpg

She was too slow, so bring on the 1.6!

DSC_6890.jpg

Rarr! So I didn't mod for ages, then in usual Renault style!

221051_114608651955568_100002193022560_128965_4031437_o.jpg

Thermostat temperature sensor or something had been blown out, and needed a new Clio pack!

So first two mods are RS grill and Renault badge sprayed black:

IMG_1639.jpg

And a custom plate! (thanks mum!)

IMG_1640.jpg

Carbon dash from streamline carbon:

c0bdb3f6.jpg

Then built my own custom induction set-up, got a green panel filter and stuck a bit of ducting on! Induction roar ftw!

IMG_1625.jpg

IMG_1626.jpg

Some pics with my friends 200 (not on here)
IMG_1662.jpg

IMG_1653.jpg

Now onto the breaks!
Ordered some DS2500 pads, Brembo front discs, Brembo rear pads, Goodridge stainless steel braided brake lines in orange and TuV and ATE Super Racing Blue break fluid (thanks sideways_danny for recommending!)

IMG_1685.jpg

Bugger...
IMG_1686.jpg

IMG_1687.jpg

IMG_1688.jpg

IMG_1689.jpg

IMG_1716.jpg

IMG_1753.jpg

IMG_1770.jpg

IMG_1769.jpg

Continued the orange fetish:
IMG_1737.jpg

IMG_1748.jpg

IMG_1747.jpg

Built a false floor, with some nice carpet:
IMG_1825.jpg

IMG_1826.jpg

and I have some oversized speakers in the front thanks to MT_audio.

Its in for all the best changes and general service next week!

All set for the Nurburgring for this year! (5 weeks!)

Future plans:

Lows
oz wrc superturismo's in white
Ktec super sports with decat maybe?
Stripped out interior, buckets etc.
Samco silicone hoses
Remap
Spacers!

Last edited:
  BMW M135i
Rubber glove? You do know you want to keep the nipple submerged during bleeding to stop any air being drawn back in yes? You'll have air in the brake circuit bleeding like that for sure.

Toyota MR2 GT Turbo
Rubber glove? You do know you want to keep the nipple submerged during bleeding to stop any air being drawn back in yes? You'll have air in the brake circuit bleeding like that for sure.

The best I could come up with, the brake pedal is firm and the car stops very quickly, so I don't think I got any air in there. I admit that could of been better haha!

BlackGold 182
looks good man, get your name down for my first meet as a rep:D and then can see your boot built cos it looks very well done

Toyota MR2 GT Turbo
expensive brakes for what is essentially a 1.6, do you plan to do any track days?
look good though, like what you've done on the front grille!

I plan to do a few track days, going to the Nurburgring in September. Eventually I want to S1600 this.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
expensive brakes for what is essentially a 1.6, do you plan to do any track days?

Expensive? Standard discs and DS2500's are hardly bank breakers. Lines are just a good idea on any car. (Pointless in orange, i hope that wasn't extra)

Nice work, floor looks very neat.

However its not all good news, that towing strap is horrendous. And i don't understand the orange badges, why not continue the carbon theme of the inside to those?

Toyota MR2 GT Turbo
Expensive? Standard discs and DS2500's are hardly bank breakers. Lines are just a good idea on any car. (Pointless in orange, i hope that wasn't extra)

Nice work, floor looks very neat.

However its not all good news, that towing strap is horrendous. And i don't understand the orange badges, why not continue the carbon theme of the inside to those?

Yes the orange was an optional extra, was £1.50 so I thought, might as well!
As for the tow strap, lol I agree, I've tucked it in and put the plastic bar back across to neaten it up a little.

I would carbon the badges, but I'm broke, and I don't like wraps very much.

MG ZR 1.8
Well no-one told me that!!!!!!!
I'll get one for the future lol, how often do I have to change this stuff?

Thanks, I made it for the perfect fit, and its very good for getting the girl in as well :)

Hahaha! Adam. I love the fact you actually wrote that. Haha.