ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Lachssilber E30 325i Touring

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Not updated this in a while, a few things have been replaced over the past couple of months. I was suffering with a leaky boot so the seal has been replaced, also the brake light warning on the command centre came on, so a new rear light cluster was purchased. I love the fact that even though the car is 25+ years old parts are still readily availiable from BMW.

It also took four of us to Goodwood and back with no major problems (apart from the boot lock playing up and a HID balast blowing).

Anyway treated it to a quick clean...

10406043173_bec6b540dd_b.jpg

image by Matt Cup, on Flickr

10405869905_7f3db6cb28_b.jpg

image by Matt Cup, on Flickr

Started pissing it down after this so no clean shots :-/

Still got little bits to do and parts to find, would love to give it a respray, but I've got a hankering for a 540i next so not sure how long I'm going to keep this.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
I'd love one to smoke about in over the winter, I just can't justify owning two motors. LOL

Do it! The price you can get a cheap one for it's practically disposable driving.

when you sell let me have a look at it :)

Will do fella! I'm probably going to spectate the 16 Nov Trackday @ Oulton so will be about in it then if you are there :)

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Haha, that's the Parents house ;)To be honest I've not driven it a great deal the past month.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Small update, suspension began to rattle, quick inspection shows that the top of the damper insert has began to come apart took them apart and cleaned them up. Will be giving the suspension a refresh over the next few months.

And a few obligatory pics from around Saddleworth

13057790513_76b461c9ce_b.jpg

E30 3 by Matt Cup, on Flickr

13057658315_273d29a486_b.jpg

E30 2 by Matt Cup, on Flickr

13057969154_7c6abbf245_b.jpg

E30 1 by Matt Cup, on Flickr

13058285703_5d26c5b30a_b.jpg

E30 4 by Matt Cup, on Flickr

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
Quick update:

Took car for MOT the other week which it went fine couple of advisories but nothing to worry about.

And yesterday we went about changing the water pump as I believe that was where a slight water leak was coming from. That went ok apart from one of the water pump hoses had fouled on the fan causing it to rub through. Fortunately there is a BMW breakers near the city ground which had one in for £20 as I wasn't looking forward having to wait days for BMW to get me one in at a ridiculous price.

Anyway after a few issues bleeding it through it's back on the road :)

You got the details of said breaker?

We need to organise a photo shoot, between me, you, and a few of my mates, we've got each 3 series from the first, to the E90 shape.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
You got the details of said breaker?

We need to organise a photo shoot, between me, you, and a few of my mates, we've got each 3 series from the first, to the E90 shape.

Yeah we should mate, however we need to make it quick as I don't know how long I'll be keeping the car.
Saner that's the fellas. Top blokes!

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
I had just set off from a green light, Woman in a 308 who clearly wasn't paying attention drove through a red light right into me.

Fortunately the car behind her saw it all, stopped and gave me his details. Oh and a shop adjacent saw it all too :grinning:

It's up to the insurers what happens now, but if it's written off then I'll probably end up buying it back, either to part it or repair it I've not decided yet :confused:.

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
I had just set off from a green light, Woman in a 308 who clearly wasn't paying attention drove through a red light right into me.

Fortunately the car behind her saw it all, stopped and gave me his details. Oh and a shop adjacent saw it all too :grinning:

It's up to the insurers what happens now, but if it's written off then I'll probably end up buying it back, either to part it or repair it I've not decided yet :confused:.

A woman in a 308. Say no more. Clownshoe.

I hope it gets put back to how it was, shame to see another one bite the dust. :(

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
So the car is now en-route to @Budgie, I'm sorry to see it go but I'm glad to have had the experience in owning one.

Now for something more sensible with isofix