ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my mk1 cup racer blog (updates page 29)

F4R'd ITB'd '92 cup racer
Re: My mk1 track car blog

well it might be on its way now, sadly you prob wont know if you have seen it as its being transported using a covered trailer

only a few hours left, expect pics later :cool:

Striped track ****

am i expecting to see cliolord's ex cup that he waked the tb in

bang on my friend :approve:

no engine though, mine is going in it :D

Striped track ****

good man make sure ya keep us updated on clio16valver :)

love the cup !

can you believe it, only took one pic when it turned up :eek:

Photo0213.jpg

paul (the transport driver) took another couple which will be on his site soon (along with some awesome machinery! search for paul ridley transport)

meanwhile here are the pics other owners have taken (hope they dont mind me stealing them)

how it used to look

72039614_r9ZoN-M.jpg

firstday.jpg

and how it looks now

race_car_graphic_small_118.jpg

donnington_28_oct_07_2_small_140.jpg

cobraseatandinteriorsmall.jpg

cup4hc2.jpg

DSCF4262.jpg

so basically now its here i can get to work, need to strip everything off the blue valver and transfer whats needed into this one, and then sell the rest or keep it as spares

it needs tidying up generally, few things im not happy about, but then they are only cosmetic things, i am very happy with the shell/cage etc and i think the panel damage it has adds to the effect (although i may end up getting it repaired one day :rolleyes:)

ideally i want it back to bare white like this

exteriorcliocup07.jpg

so i can do a black/white colour scheme, but thats not going to happen for a while

nothing as of yet

putting the f4r in it, then will see what happens from there

im just deciding what to do with some parts that are on it, like the seat and harness, whether to sell and use my sparcos, or sell my sparcos and buy another cobra and another matching harness

C63 AMG, F430 & 172

FLOL

Thats my old 172 and me in the background!
72039614_r9ZoN-M.jpg

Looks sweet btw! Cant wait to roll up and see it!

FLOL

Thats my old 172 and me in the background!

Looks sweet btw! Cant wait to roll up and see it!

lmfao i should have spied your cheesy grin a mile off!

aye get yo ass across when you can, talk to me about the 'situation' with yours when you get 5 mins from your busy day

cheers guys :D

i am well chuffed to finally get my hands on an ex cup racer

i just want to say an extra thank you to paul ridley transport, a really nice guy who was genuinely interested in the car, i would highly recommend him to anyone.

i'll tell you now he quoted me £299 for the journey from bristol to north yorkshire using an open trailer or £399 for using a covered trailer. considering the distance involved i thought this was a damn good deal and took him up on it. by chance he had a lamborghini murcielago to pick up after mine and so used the covered trailer at no extra cost to myself :approve:

now i think its time to make the engine suit the car, more on that in time :cool:

yeh road registered

ideal for me as i dont have a trailer or anything to tow it with lol

aaarrrrgggghhh motherf***ing piece of crap, god damn hands cut to shreds, stupidly tight chuffing spaces to work in!!!

who ever welded the steering column brackets in place and welded the nuts on the back for 'easy' fitting of the column bolts, you cross threaded them to f**k!

not only were the bolt threads knackered, but the thread on the nuts was shafted aswell, meaning i had to drill them out and re-nut and bolt, and anyone who has ever tried threading their hand round the back of a mk1 steering column will know how much fun that is!! :mad:

oh the fun never ends! :rolleyes:

on the up side, i got the drivers sparco seat mounted in and harness in, sorted the driving position to suit me and my brother (a bit too close for him, but thats easier than me being too far away)

my bro got on with putting my dash dials in etc, got them all wired in and working

still along way to go

Some of a Clio 1.8 16v

Wooo!! Glad to hear your getting on with it all again and i'm betting this new sexy shell has resparked your enthusiasm for the project again.

KUTGW

yeh and ive got my brother for company now aswell :approve:

you could prob make a comedy series out of our antics :eek:

M

mini-valver

Awesome dude! Saw this down at Angelworks a while a go, no idea what was being done though.

Bit gutted about the blue one, lol.

cheers mate

yeh i am a bit gutted too, spent so many hours trying to get it right, but i think i have made the right decision

i look at pics of the blue one and i feel bad for giving up, but then i get up close to it and feel better about the decision lmao

wow! Just read this from page1 and i am not sure what i am more impressed with, the amount of work you have done or the fact you got your girlfriend to help!

either way impressive stuff!

Updates dude!

wow! Just read this from page1 and i am not sure what i am more impressed with, the amount of work you have done or the fact you got your girlfriend to help!

either way impressive stuff!

Updates dude!

haha cheers mate

well rescued from the depths aswell!

i have some rather tasty updates on the way ;)

beanie has seen them, lucky boy! :rasp:

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel

cheers guys :D

i am well chuffed to finally get my hands on an ex cup racer

i just want to say an extra thank you to paul ridley transport, a really nice guy who was genuinely interested in the car, i would highly recommend him to anyone.

i'll tell you now he quoted me £299 for the journey from bristol to north yorkshire using an open trailer or £399 for using a covered trailer. considering the distance involved i thought this was a damn good deal and took him up on it. by chance he had a lamborghini murcielago to pick up after mine and so used the covered trailer at no extra cost to myself :approve:

now i think its time to make the engine suit the car, more on that in time :cool:

Should have pm'd me! I'd have driven it up!!

haha cheers mate

well rescued from the depths aswell!

i have some rather tasty updates on the way ;)

beanie has seen them, lucky boy! :rasp:

i see it all the way back on Pg3 and thought this had to come back!

Love the dedication on this here! Any photos! Share beanie share!

right here we go, this is what me and my bro have been up to since the racer arrived...

i'm going to let the pics do the talking, but a basic outline of whats going on:
tidied up my brothers garage ready for car to go in
sold seat and harness that came with the car
replaced it with my sparco seats and sabelt harnesses
sold steering wheel and snap off boss
replaced that with my renault sport wheel and lifeline snap off boss
removed extinguisher and replaced it with my own, replaced pull cables as they were seized solid
mounted battery in the boot
fit my carbon fibre interior panels
fit my dials and switches
removed exhaust and replaced with mine (for now)
removed engine from the blue 'un and transferred it into the racer

kjkjk030.jpg

Photo0232.jpg

Photo0235.jpg

Photo0233.jpg

Photo0234.jpg

Photo0231.jpg

kjkjk034515.jpg

Photo0228.jpg

Photo0230.jpg